Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RDM Melee? Whered they go?

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    Like many people have said, there are plenty of ways a Rdm can melee in this game, especially now with things like Assaults and Campaign and the like. But Exp pts have not changed in the 4-5 years I've been playing. TP (and most)burn pts were the best at higher lvls then like they are now, lower lvl pts need balanced groups now just like they did then and Rdms are not going to be the best meleer in a balanced group of compitent, comparitvely geared people, but they are still one of the best healers and support jobs. And there's nothing wrong with that.
    Honestly, if people would just understand the word 'situational' many things in the game would be much better.

RDM can swing a sword/dagger
    RDM can cast Black Magic
    RDM can cast White Magic

There is nothing that says RDM must do any or all of those all the time.

If you have a Sch or Whm/Sch in a merit pt, why do you need a Rdm?
    Because in the manner Hyrist presented it, RDM is going to need someone else to pick up the slack and cure while they melee instead.

If you were invited to main heal and you *NEED* a backup because you're meleeing, you shouldn't be meleeing in the first place. If it was safe to melee and heal, you wouldn't need the backup.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

best pt i ever had was rdm/nin, pulling/haste/healing/meleeing (not much but whenever he had a sec he'd engage) thf/nin, thf/nin, war/nin, drg/rdm, and drg/whm healing
      tooled the bird camp who said xp sucks without a bard ww
      that rdm rules though; he is one of those people that studies ffxi math all day and knows everything for every job
      the average rdm melee; i'd imagine, would show up wearing like their regular set with a w turban some snipers and a sh and be all hailookatmymelee
      but yeah no reason a good one shouldnt be allowed
      just put some work into your set; people would probably be ok with it as long as their still hasted or w/e

fk yes

Comment

Seriously, comparitively geared Rdms will not do more dmg then comparitively geared Melees. Ever. Rdm isn't built to be a DD job. It's balanced to be good at everything, and it can be good at melee, but in this game, in exp pts especially, people want the best. And Rdm is never going to be the best at meleeing.

Like many people have said, there are plenty of ways a Rdm can melee in this game, especially now with things like Assaults and Campaign and the like. But Exp pts have not changed in the 4-5 years I've been playing. TP (and most)burn pts were the best at higher lvls then like they are now, lower lvl pts need balanced groups now just like they did then and Rdms are not going to be the best meleer in a balanced group of compitent, comparitvely geared people, but they are still one of the best healers and support jobs. And there's nothing wrong with that.
        This is very true in situation which there is enough job seeking, which the party leader can build the awesome party setup. In general most player wants good exp. point over time for exp. parties. There is nothing wrong with player wants to stick with the *formula*.

However, in the old days (at least before the level sync system), in the mid level (40 ~ 55) which LFG can be hours or days, some players may compromise even if the party setup is not the best or ideal, as long as the party is *functional* (positive exp. gain, instead of negative...)

I remember that lol level 65 pick-up party that I formed: PLD/WAR + DD + WAR/SAM (me, before the 2-hand update) + RDM x3 party in Mount. Z. fire-crawler camp, which I explicitly told those 3 RDM that as long as they splited up the tasks and keeped the party rolling, they could out their sword and melee or nuke whatever. Yes, one RDM in that party melee, and hey, that party worked XD.

There are times which a exp party with the *standard/generally-accepted/ideal* setup failed anyway.... (yea.. party setup cannot fix the players)
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
          best pt i ever had was rdm/nin, pulling/haste/healing/meleeing (not much but whenever he had a sec he'd engage) thf/nin, thf/nin, war/nin, drg/rdm, and drg/whm healing
          tooled the bird camp who said xp sucks without a bard ww
          that rdm rules though; he is one of those people that studies ffxi math all day and knows everything for every job
          the average rdm melee; i'd imagine, would show up wearing like their regular set with a w turban some snipers and a sh and be all hailookatmymelee
          but yeah no reason a good one shouldnt be allowed
          just put some work into your set; people would probably be ok with it as long as their still hasted or w/e
          Honestly, that sounds like an awesome PT, with the two Thfs never getting hit, the two Drgs pumping out healing breaths incase anyone did, and 5/6 of the pt having a piercing bonus, I could easily see it being real fun.

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
          This is very true in situation which there is enough job seeking, which the party leader can build the awesome party setup. In general most player wants good exp. point over time for exp. parties. There is nothing wrong with player wants to stick with the *formula*.

However, in the old days (at least before the level sync system), in the mid level (40 ~ 55) which LFG can be hours or days, some players may compromise even if the party setup is not the best or ideal, as long as the party is *functional* (positive exp. gain, instead of negative...)

I remember that lol level 65 pick-up party that I formed: PLD/WAR + DD + WAR/SAM (me, before the 2-hand update) + RDM x3 party in Mount. Z. fire-crawler camp, which I explicitly told those 3 RDM that as long as they splited up the tasks and keeped the party rolling, they could out their sword and melee or nuke whatever. Yes, one RDM in that party melee, and hey, that party worked XD.

There are times which a exp party with the *standard/generally-accepted/ideal* setup failed anyway.... (yea.. party setup cannot fix the players)
          With two Rdm already in the pt, there would be little to nothing left for that third Rdm to do but melee. And in a situation like that I would have done the same thing and had those Rdm melee. No ones saying Rdm should never melee, just that it has it's time and place. And that when you're one of two healer/mages, if not the only healer in the pt, then you shouldn't really have time to be swinging that sword.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

In colibri partys I always melee even if main healer, simply because all they seem to be are cure dia haste. Which is very easily done, and MP wise refresh on yourself and using TP to cure makes MP very plentiful and hard to miss convert timers.

Now on mamool is where this gets hard, It is still do able, however MP becomes very strained, with the need for silence, dispel, various other enfeebles, it is hard to supply enough MP to cover it all without having that MP bonus from a mage sub.

Even when not meleeing Mamool parties tend to suck up the MP alot more than colibri parties. Most optimal parties I have been in usually have someone else that can help handle the curing load. Either a mage sub DRG or a SAM with DNC subbed are most common. Dual BRD parties or BRD+Cor will have one /WHM. When ever I built parties for mamool I always took my brother (WHM/SCH) and we would spilt the healing load and get bigger DD's (usually WAR/SAM, SAM/NIN, MNK/WAR DRG/SAM) since we could handle the non-/nin damage increase. Having 3DD one Hybrid, one BRD, one Healer is nearly as efficient as a 2 BRD set up or a 4DD+1+1. An aditional BRD increases individuals performance by about 15%, a Hybrid job (RDM, BLU, DNC) increases party performance about the same. Meaning if you have one crap ass member not pulling their weight a RDM will increase the overall performance higher than that of a BRD because it is not an individual increase.

On hnm's etc we can rock a good opening WS for a SC. and fall back and do our support thing. (Much like the chi-blast MNK, yet once he is done he can't do shite). We are also the only jobs who can damage an invincible mob, with our non physical enspells. Even at 8 damage per hit, that totals up nicley over a 30's invincible.

But like mhurron said ahead of me it is a situational thing. Just like for everything else we sub, our long long list of things we can do. The thing most people forget as mhurron pointed out is situational gameplay, and there alot more situations for RDM melee, than bird parties, and hnm's; salvage, einherjar, dynamis hell any endgame has use for us to swing our swords.

Hell who knows maybe that is the secret to AV and PW, maybe they are highly weak to enspell damage, who knows RDM never gets the opportunity to try it, and SCH's generally do not cast it.

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
              An aditional BRD increases individuals performance by about 15%, a Hybrid job (RDM, BLU, DNC) increases party performance about the same. Meaning if you have one crap ass member not pulling their weight a RDM will increase the overall performance higher than that of a BRD because it is not an individual increase.
              ...isn't that the exact opposite of the truth? If you have 4 melees and make them all 15% more efficient...that's a 60% more efficiant party is it not? How exactly does a Rdm boost a pt's kill speed as well as a Brd?

On hnm's etc we can rock a good opening WS for a SC. and fall back and do our support thing. (Much like the chi-blast MNK, yet once he is done he can't do shite). We are also the only jobs who can damage an invincible mob, with our non physical enspells. Even at 8 damage per hit, that totals up nicley over a 30's invincible.
              Only job? So I guess Blms can't nuke and Smn's can BP? Hell, a good magic built Rdm would probably do more dmg with one cast then your Enspells for those 30 seconds.

And honestly, there are better SC openers then Rdms.

Hell who knows maybe that is the secret to AV and PW, maybe they are highly weak to enspell damage, who knows RDM never gets the opportunity to try it, and SCH's generally do not cast it.
              Rdms don't melee AV because they can't hit AV. Merited, pimped out, Brd buffed, Sushi eating, Souleater+BW zerging Drks can only get about 85% acc on him, what makes you think you can even come close to that?
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Like I've said before, about 1% of the rdm population can pull of meleeing and keep up with their other responsibilities. That same 1% knows how to equip themselves in order to do this too. I'm not taking the chance that I'm going to get one of those 1%'ers in my party when its more than likely I'll get one of the 99% that thinks they can but fails miserably and ruins MY fun and my exp.

I did melee rdm and after a very experienced melee rdm JP friend in game taught me the error of my ways, I saw that I could not be in that 1% and decided out of respect for other peoples fun that I wouldn't force myself upon them.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

My apologies to those melee RDMs and others I may offended on the board by suggesting the OP go to MrMageo for RDM melee stuff

It was the first name to pop into my head as his posts are like glass battering rams - although they may be shattered pretty quickly at the onset of real discussion they are kinda imposing when you see them from a distance. This makes them more memorable than the others that don't have long argument threads about it.....
                  Quotes

Comment

...isn't that the exact opposite of the truth? If you have 4 melees and make them all 15% more efficient...that's a 60% more efficiant party is it not? How exactly does a Rdm boost a pt's kill speed as well as a Brd?
                    A BRD boost individual players 15%, and yes that does ad to 45% (in a 2 BRD party I do not have 4 melee), but if all your melee are contributing equally as they should be in a good meripo, that 45% increase is divided equally amoung them and thus each melee performs 15% better. (PS I said additional BRD not a single BRD.)

This is subjective however, you may have 1 melee that performs higher than the others and he may end up doing 20% better where the others will only do 12.5% better each. However the overall boost is still 15%.

RDM provides a similar 15% but collectivley, meaning it does not all go to one player at times. This overall (which I suppose I should have said instead) increase covers things that a BRD's boost can cause issue with. IE. RDM can out put enough damage to become tops on the hate list sharing its duty of taking damage. RDM can help haste/cure can handle the full dia load. RDM provides an instant 20% change in damage, a 50% drop in MP costs, and of course the oh fuck dynamic.

I am not saying we are any better than a BRD or a COR but they are not always seeking in groups of 2. All I am saying is we provide the same bonus, just on a group level, and not turning it into individual performance boosts.

By individual I mean having one melee become a hate hog. Taking the brunt of the damage and becoming a sponge. Crippling MP efficiency greatly. Since that is the biggest downfall in meripo's any sort of MP conservation is great.

Of course this applys only to MP costly parties, of course if you party with /NIN melee on birds all the time this won't apply as much since MP is already hella low. However with non-/nin set ups MP becomes much more costly.

Again it is a situational increase just like everything else we do. If your joining this discussion as an acctual contributor and not a troll against myself, then you would already know this.

Only job? So I guess Blms can't nuke and Smn's can BP? Hell, a good magic built Rdm would probably do more dmg with one cast then your Enspells for those 30 seconds.

And honestly, there are better SC openers then Rdms.
                    Sure there are, but did one more ever hurt? no I didnt think so.

Secondly.

This is a RDM discussion why would you even assume I was disregarding BLM/SCH/SMN from the equation. I was comparing our melee not mage specs.

Thirdly,

I imagine a well built RDM/SCH could deal some nice damage over the course of an invincible, but again stick to the topic we are talking melee, so thats what I am talking about. If you want to have a discussion in regards to RDM/SCH nuke setups then open a thread and I will meet you there.

Rdms don't melee AV because they can't hit AV. Merited, pimped out, Brd buffed, Sushi eating, Souleater+BW zerging Drks can only get about 85% acc on him, what makes you think you can even come close to that?
                    POIDH, I don't beleive you. Have you ever had a full ACC set up merited RDM try? I doubt it. If you know all about it then what is the DRK's ACC build, what is the DRK's total ACC, common show me some numbers. A decked out RDM can pull in 430+ ACC not including madrigal. Give me some hard numbers and I will give you a gear set up that will have you hit 80%+ on him.

Ill check back later and I hope to see some info.
                    Last edited by MrMageo; 09-12-2008, 01:31 PM.

sig courtesy tgm
                    retired -08

Comment

Mrmageo's posts amuse me. Thank you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is a tentative list of ACC based of of a 75 Taru with 63 DEX as RDM/RNG

8/8 dagger/sword merits

main: Enhancing Sword + (+8 ACC)
                        off : Tariqah +1 (+5 ACC)
                        ammo: Tiphia Sting (+2 ACC)
                        Head: Ohat (+10 ACC)
                        Neck: PCC (+10 ACC)
                        Ear1: Suppa (+4 ACC (5kill @ 0.9))
                        Ear2: Hollow (+3 ACC)
                        Body: SH+1 (+12 ACC)
                        Hands: Morrigans Cuffs (+5 ACC)
                        Ring1 : Sniper +1 (+7 ACC)
                        Ring2 : Sniper +1 (+7 ACC)
                        Back: Aileron Mantle (+6 ACC)
                        Waist: Life Belt (+10 ACC)
                        Legs: Padawan (+4 ACC)
                        Feet: Hydra (+6 ACC)

+99 ACC
                        food: bream sushi +1 (17%)
                        Traits + 22
                        Pimped BRD Madrigal +39 (merits and relic horn or other +2 to marigal insturment)

ACC = (200+ (66*.9)+(63/2)+99+22+39*(1+(.17))
                        = 527.55

Please tell me that this DRK is rocking more ACC than this.

Including level correction

527-(9*4)= 491

This thing better have more than 460 evaision otherwise Im cracking it at 85%
                        Last edited by MrMageo; 09-12-2008, 02:14 PM.

sig courtesy tgm
                        retired -08

Comment

Fucking shit, really? I mean really? Aside from the fact of RDM/RNG over a better sub and ESword over Joyeuse are both fucking retarded as a melee RDM, a DRK can wear about all of that ACC gear, get 5 more acc in the hands slot, 5 more in the body, use the same BRD, use the same sushi, has 16 higher skill, and 16 more Acc just from DEX, and have double your Attack without busting a sweat. Hell, they could swap head, hands, waist, legs, and feet out for haste gear and still have more Acc.

For fuck's sake. Quit posting out your ass or the poor OP might run around being an idiot like you and getting themselves made fun of because noone told them better.

Being a fucking idiot may not be a bannable offense here, but giving bad information when someone asks for help should be.
                          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Im not debating the fact that a DRK can stack most of the same, Ziero said it wasn't possible for a RDM to hit AV for 85% and with this set up unless AV has some magical 462 evaision, it is going to hit 85%. I didn't build it for damage, I built it for ACC, chances are this is probably about 50 ACC to much.

I would much rather use a Esword/Joy especially if it is enspells it is weak against. (which is doubtful). You seriously think I would /RNG over NIN do you not know me well enough?

I bet if said dark stacked all this he would be well over cap. We should find out soon enough what his gear set was (of course I imagine it was just a bs attempt to try and discredit me.)

Personally I would probably go in with my current set up minuse Vbelt, W.turban and swap the fencers for a snipers +1. Which should put me at about 450 with Madrigal.

Either way I don't really care, I was joking in regards to AV anyhow, but we could hit it if we want, probably 95% of the time. Im not trying to start an arguement, I am steming one before it arises.

If AV progresses like every other HNM mob in the game its Evaision Given an A+ would be somewhere around the 341 Range before the level Correction 377 after LC. meaning we would need about 420 ACC to cap. Unless it has some type of evaision bonus which has not been found. Even with a +20 or +40 evaision Bonus we could still cap out as a RDM/NIN. Which means that DRK should cap no problem. Like I said before the only way it isn't going to happen is if AV had 462 Evaision, which again I highly highly doubt.
                            Last edited by MrMageo; 09-12-2008, 02:47 PM.

sig courtesy tgm
                            retired -08

Comment

I am going to attempt to reply to things in this thread that have caught my eye. Note that this post may be slightly bias, but I will do my best to remain fair to the facts. If you agree with it, fine, if you don't, feel free to challenge it. You've heard the reasoning, and thanks to Level Sync we can pretty much go right into testing. Otherwise, I'm not telling you how to play, but please don't underestimate, or understate the potential of the job class.

Now, let's start at the beginning...

Seriously, comparatively geared Rdms will not do more dmg then comparatively geared Melees. Ever. Rdm isn't built to be a DD job. It's balanced to be good at everything, and it can be good at melee, but in this game, in exp pts especially, people want the best. And Rdm is never going to be the best at meleeing.
                              This is good that you acknowledge this point, however that has nothing to do with why you would want a front line RDM in the party, ever.

A RDM is not supposed to be designed to be equal or better than a dedicated DD job. I agree with the point that with gear on equal footing, a DD will out preform a RDM time and time again.

However, it should be noted that if the RDM is geared comparatively "higher" than a DD in terms of rare/ex, pieces, it stands a chance that the RDM WILL out damage a dedicated damage dealer, provided he is not burdened heavily by other tasks (like having to deal with a mana-sink). I have witnessed this first hand in merit parties, that a fully geared RDM out damaged a Saumrai, with a great deal of good gear, but not maxed merits. This puts to point just how small the margin actually is. This specific RDM has gone to parse within 20% of Well Geared Black Belt Monks and well geared Hagun Samurai's, far better than your average AH DD. (This is more a testimate to just how well geared this RDM is, btw.)

However, this is not the sum of what a Front Line Red Mage offers.

On top of this potential for damage, you have someone who can sleep, cure, buff and enfeeble as the party truly needs, without fully sacrificing a front line presence.

Because in the manner Hyrist presented it, RDM is going to need someone else to pick up the slack and cure while they melee instead.

If you were invited to main heal and you *NEED* a backup because you're meleeing, you shouldn't be meleeing in the first place. If it was safe to melee and heal, you wouldn't need the backup
                              Let me make this crystal clear. It is physically impossible for a single class to fully cover the roles of enfeebling, main healing, and support, no matter what the job class. While some parties can be on the ball enough to ignore this gap, most others will suffer the consequences, wither it is slower exp/hr, or occasional party deaths (which results in the same, but to a greater degree.)

So while you may have the back line mage picking up your slack in healing, you would, ideally, also be picking up their slack in anything they're lacking.

What Red Mage offers in the presence of a dedicated healer is what it has offered when it stood in the back line with the same person two years ago: A generalist class that functions as a catalyst for the party and has the ability to meet the changing needs of the party moment by moment. To accomplish this properly, it communicates and maintains awareness of where exactly the party is lacking at that particular time and works to compensate, whither it be the additional WS/DoT damage + skillchain, back up healing during difficult battles, and/or insuring that certain choice enfeebles and buffs are maintained.

It is up to each individual party to weigh in on the possibilities for (maybe) less overall damage in trade for better party versatility. Currently, the common consensus is not to invite a RDM in this situation. However, due increasing alternatives, as well as growing exceptions to this stigma in the form of successful front line Rdm's, the trend may be encouraged to change, especially if a RDM update is, in truth, going to happen. (I'm not holding my breath.)

Next,
                              Originally posted by TP Feeding
                              Your piddly damage does not justify the extra TP that lets the mob get in an extra 2-3 WS. For crabs and beetles, these will be SC+MB mobs, unless people are stupid and try to TP burn them, and a Rdm won't be able to deal any worthwhile damage and would be better off being in the back lines keeping the party going.
                              It is hard to not retaliate to this emotionally as your tone is very negetive and therefore 'baiting' in a sense.

A lot has developed in the past few years, and not just from gear and updates, but also from player exp trends...

'Piddly Damage' only counts for monsters that are IT++ and only then if the Red Mage is improperly geared and subbed. Any Red Mage in the front line worth their salt will maintain a higher damage ratio than he will with a prefect haste cycle (read 15% improvement of total melee damage.) on top of the assistance he can provide through enfeebles and cures, and not including the addition of skillchains and magic bursts that can be currently ignored.

About the TP argument, I almost want to ignore it, it has been disproved, in spite of forums' insistence to try to bring it up again.

TP building only comes into factor if you're assuming Red Mage takes the position additional to what would be considered the normal melee load. IE, Rdm trying to fill the role of healer while in the front line. Between monster death rate and WS rate, the impact a front line RDM will deal to additional WS is non-existent. Between casting spells, the use of Monster TP at 300% when above 20% HP, and the average lifespan of an exp monster, the actual performance impact of TP difference is a placebo at WORST.

The entire argument is based off of the 2004 party ideal that killing a monster yielding 200exp in two minutes was the best way to party. Even at that time, it was acknowledged that a Red Mage with proper gear and subjob could do an acceptable contribution to a party fighting Very Tough monsters.

Today, the average monster killed for exp cons as VT (even at lower levels), and the performance level of gear since that time has greatly improved, as has curing/tanking ability (that would compensate for any 'additional wses') The only truly standing issue lies near level 51-55 where parties still go attack Kuftal Tunnel crabs, and even then classes such as puppetmaster, blue mage, dancer, and thief deal an exorbitant amount of TP to the monster for 'pittely' amounts of dot in comparison to high damage 2h weapon wielders such as Warrior, Samurai and Dark Knight.

So that argument holds true in a single terrible camp for 4 levels before ToAU's 'ease of meleeing' aspects come into play.

If you have any doubts, it's not as if it would be difficult to replicate tests thanks to Level Sync.

False, any two hander worth their salt will deal better damage/tp than a Rdm, especially if they are in a 2x Brd party so that they get +att songs, a single Brd should be giving +haste songs, or have a Cor in the party giving them 2 of the 3 rolls: Warrior, Rogue, or Chaos.

I can hit for 260+ with food and buffs in a single non critical hit on merit mobs, can you?
                              I have a few questions to add to this statement, and the bolded parts are important.

Do you acknowledge the fact that you need 2 Buff orientated support class to deal that level of performance?

Do you simply not accept parties without 2 bards or a brd-cor combo? Additionally, how far does that DoT performance go when you loose haste from having to invite a Scholar as opposed to a RDM or WHM?

A Generalist (Read: Front line) Rdm fits in the exact same spot as your second BRD or Cor, and shares a similar function as Dancer in the same slot. So allow us to continue arguing points based off of this angle.

I do agree with the fact that 2 Handed jobs, if geared and prepared correctly can to much better damage/tp than Rdm (that is a granted for most heavy vs light damage dealers). But it is a false test to directly compare the addition of a heavy DD class vs a Generalist in any damage contest. Rather, it would be prudent to compare a RDM/NIN's contributions to a party against that of say, a SAM/DNC, in the lack of a second brd or cor, and then make our arguments from there.

While it is fun to sit and theorize building the best party basics, it's the equivalent of saying "A Blue Burn with a Bard and Dancer in it for full MP absorbs on Colibri is better than a monk burn in KRT!" Both are highly exclusive to statics and endgame shells, and virtually have nothing to do with the RDM's potential in the slot as much as it does with Elitist and Exclustionist views on how to earn your exp/hr.

Swap a Brd for a RDM/NIN, have the first Brd pull and Haste/Atk. Songs, and you'll net 20K safely, notedly more safely than inviting a 4th damage dealer in most cases.

Granted, this is no argument for anyone here to change their party preferences, merely the following:

- Clarifying the Role of a Generalist RDM and what it's duties are.
                              - Correcting dated information pertaining to aged arguments against RDM meleeing.
                              - Clarifying the party position the RDM takes in the invite sector, and it's argumentative points vrs comparable classes (what it offers to the party).

By no means is a RDM a 'prime' or 'first' invite over say a second Bard or Corsair, however, to steal a line form SE. It may behoove players to experiment with this role more in depth as opposed to taking less exp/hr via opting not to party without the 2 support class format, or risking exp loss in inviting a 4th dedicated damage dealer.

If you choose to reply to this, I only ask that it is done so respectfully. I agree with the ideals that false-information should not be spread, and that the method of a Generalist Rdm should not eclipse the importance of learning how to play in the back line. However I do believe that much of this issue was left in the dark by many communities that had polarizing feelings to it, and I would prefer that the 'air' be cleared of any misconceptions.
                              Last edited by Hyrist; 09-12-2008, 04:28 PM.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

I love you Hyrist. O_Ob

(Obligatory: "but not in that way." )

Originally posted by Hyrist View Post
                                Let me make this crystal clear. It is physically impossible for a single class to fully cover the roles of enfeebling, main healing, and support, no matter what the job class.
                                Did I mention I love you?

Just not in that way.

Originally posted by Hyrist View Post
                                I agree with the ideals that false-information should not be spread, and that the method of a Generalist Rdm should not eclipse the importance of learning how to play in the back line. However I do believe that much of this issue was left in the dark by many communities that had polarizing feelings to it, and I would prefer that the 'air' be cleared of any misconceptions.
                                Loveyouloveyouloveyouloveyou.

Butnotinthatway!
                                Originally posted by Armando
                                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                                Originally posted by Armando
                                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
                                X