This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM Macros

I would like to start this sticky thread. Please keep it to macros. No need to thank a poster to keep the thread slim please. I'll start with couple and add more as I go. All mine are Japanese but will use English for here. Please also report any errors.

Refresh
    /ma Refresh <st>
    /p Refreshing <lastst>
    /wait 20 (wait 20 is the maximum time that can be used.
    /wait 2
    /echo ***Refresh ready to recast*** <= Only you can see the message. Thnks to Somnar

Despell
    /ma Despell <t>

Cure3
    /ma Cure3 <st>
    /p Cure3 on <lastst>

Sneak <= Make the same for Invis
    /ma Sneak <st>
    /p Sneak on <lastst>

Item <= For quick item usage, Silent Oil and Powder.
    /item Silent Oil <me>

Sleep <= No wait here since stnpc is used. If 1st fails , u go to next. You may also want to add a BLM JA of Seal. You may choose to delete echos and Bind if you run out of room.
    /ja Elemental Seal <me>
    /echo Ready Sleep2
    /ma SleepII <stnpc>
    /echo Ready Sleep
    /ma Sleep <stnpc>
    echo Ready Bind
    /ma Bind <stnpc>

<st> means select sub target. You select a PT member before activating command
    <lastst> lists the name of the person selected
    RDM 75, BLM 73, WHM 42, SMN 41, RNG 40, NIN 37, DRK 37, THF 25, WAR 20

Looks good, but I would suggest using /echo for this:

/p ***Refresh ready to recast*** <= Becomes useful for Refresh tanking.
    ... instead of party chat.

Comment

Thank you Somnar for suggestion. I used /p since I can't keep track of everyone I Refreshed, especially when there are 4 or more to Refresh. By having /p, I let the others know so that they can request a Refresh if I have forgotten. I will add the /echo line to my macro and use it. I will amaze them with my efficiency.

I personally like it the best when there are only 3 people to Refresh. I start with my self and Refresh down the line when the message pops. It is much easier to track when my Refresh ends. When this happens, I just start over beginning with me.

Hey all, lets get more macros in here. Please use my format. I will cut and paste yours to the 1st post. Thanks.

Comment

At the beginning of spells macros where I want to make sure they have as much oomph as they can, I put this:

/equip main "Solid Wand" (or whatever wand you have)

If it's already equipped, no worries, if it's not, it gets swapped in.

For example:

/equip main "Solid Wand"
        /ja "Elemental Seal" <me>
        /ma Sleep <stnpc>
        /p Sleep on <lastst>! DO NOT ATTACK! <call1>

Also, <st> means subtarget, not select...<st> macros let you tab around and select other mobs and player characters while still targeting another mob or PC. <st> will let you cycle anything, <stnpc> is just mobs (though it will cycle through pets and characters you can talk to also), and <stpc> is player characters only.

Comment

Originally posted by Somnar
          Looks good, but I would suggest using /echo for this:

... instead of party chat.
          The problem with /echo over /p is that if you activate another macro, the /echo command of your previous macro does not activate.

Comment

Originally posted by DM337
            The problem with /echo over /p is that if you activate another macro, the /echo command of your previous macro does not activate.
            That holds true for /p also. Activating another macro in the 'middle' of any macro cancels all remaining commands in the first macro.

Comment

does /wait 20 work? i thought /wait 15 was the highest wait the game would recognise

Comment

wait 20 is fine. 20 is actually the highest wait you can put in.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Here are my macros, it took a bit of work to get good at using them in PT but to play at level 66 fighting darters and processionares for 10k with only 1 resist on paralyze is awesome .

Ctrl:
                  1:
                  /ma "Paralyze" <bt>
                  2:
                  /ma "Slow" <bt>
                  3:
                  /ma "Dia II" <bt>
                  4:
                  /ma "Gravity" <bt>
                  5:
                  /equip neck "Black Neckerchief"
                  /ma "Shock" <bt>
                  /wait 3
                  /equip neck "Spider Torque"
                  6:
                  /ma "Dispel" <bt>
                  7:
                  /equip neck "Black Neckerchief" <-- Need elemental Torque ^^
                  /ma "Thunder II" <bt>
                  /wait 3
                  8:
                  /equip neck "Black Neckerchief"
                  /ma "Stone III" <bt>
                  /wait 3
                  9:
                  /equip R.Ring "Electrum Ring" <-- No astrals Yet ; ;
                  /equip L.Ring "Electrum Ring"
                  /equip legs "Custom Slacks"
                  /ja "Convert" <p0>
                  /wait 2
                  /ma "Cure IV" <p0>
                  10:
                  /ja "Elemental Seal" <p0>

Alt:
                  1-4:
                  /ma "Cure X" <st>
                  5:
                  /ma "Refresh" <st>
                  /wait 18
                  /echo Refresh UP!!
                  6:
                  /equip R.Ring "Electrum Ring"
                  /echo MP gear
                  7:
                  /equip R.Ring "Saintly Ring" <-- someday I'll get better ; ;
                  /equip L.Ring "Saintly Ring"
                  /equip legs "Magic Cuisses"
                  /equip hands "Devotee's Mitts"
                  /equip feet "Warlock's Boots"
                  /echo Low MP + MND gear
                  8:
                  /equip R.Ring "Zircon Ring"
                  /equip L.Ring "Zircon Ring"
                  /equip legs "Magic Cuisses"
                  /equip hands "Warlock's Gloves"
                  /equip feet "Custom M boots"
                  /echo Low MP + INT gear
                  9:
                  /equip hands "Devotee's Mitts"
                  /equip feet "Warlock's Boots"
                  /echo MP + MND gear
                  10:
                  /equip hands "Warlock's Gloves"
                  /equip feet "Custom M boots"
                  /echo MP + INT gear

I had to make a few edits hopefully this is correct
                  The beast myth: "I hear it gets better next level"

My pet has more HP right now than a level 75 galka monk >.> If only it could provoke...

Comment

does it really become crucial to have that many armor macros? or is that just to make sure u maximize your chance of landing the enfeeb. Cause i don't think i can run around with alllll those different armors on man. You lvl 60's and your power....just boggles me sometimes!

Comment

My bag holds 60 items and I'm always trying to clear stuff to hold changable equipments and room for lot items.

I have Macros for MP, INT, Attack and DEF. I recently got to LV65 and acquired all the Rings from the SMN's quest. My DEF macro is in my solo macro list. My solo list is mainly for opening coffers. Solo list is a must have for running around Ugaleppi. I would try to list mine, which would be helpful to 65+, but most of thoses people probably have better equipments than me. Also, I know the Japanese name, but not the US since I'm playing the Japanese version on PS2.

Comment

I never knew about that <st> command. I'll be so much more efficient now ^^.

Comment

theres a <lastst> also.
                          You use it after a st else it will say your current target instead of what you selected.

/ma "Ultima" <st>
                          /p casting "Ultima" <lastst>
                          Sucky RDM of Bismark

Comment

The most important imo is the <bt> macro. This will let you debuff without having to lose time targetting manually the monster after countless TAB hits.
                            It is not a big issue at low levels since usually you fight in spots with few monsters around but at later level it is very important. Its even more important because a quick debuff means less mana lost to heal people thus less downtimes.
                            The only thing you must take care of is your main tank must have a voke macro with <bt> aswell so you dont end up getting the agro after the puller brought the monster while the tank takes hours to target it. That could kill you, especially if your slow / silence gets resisted.

The <st> command is nice to save macro slots, especially if you like to go melee to skill up (since you can't switch target easily in this case).

What is also very important at higher level is the equipment macros. Even switching between your current melee weapon and a +5INT/MND wand can makes the difference. When monsters can do specials for 500+ or when your debuff costs up to 40 MP, you better make the best not to be resisted.
                            I would suggest though not puting your /equip lines in the same macros as /ma <debuff>. The reason is simple : when you are soloing, the monsters are much weaker and you aren't really concerned by resists. Thus switching back to wands and lower defense items is worse.
                            So either you make different macros for the same debuff (and use them accordingly) or you do macros just for equipment (you can do one for regular stuff, one for INT stuff and one for MND stuff).
                            And anyway, after a moment you will have so much stuff to change that wont fit in your debuff macros (cause if you decide still to put /equip in debuff macros it will take twice more space usually : 1 /equip to equip before casting and 1 /equip to reequip after casting)

Edit :

I have seen some people using /p <Random text about casting debuff>.
                            I think it is too much spam. The only macros where I put this is for :
                            - Convert so the WHM can easily see I am not getting hit in fact.
                            - Sleep to be sure to avoid cross sleeping and thus wasting spells
                            - Random lesser stuff.

For everything else, who is doing what is usually set before starting thus there is no point in doing more spam. The chat box is already too small.
                            Also keep in mind many casters dont put filters to track casting, so there is nothing more annoying to see /p Casting <spell> followed by XXX starts casting <spell>.

Comment

speaking of <bt>, I recently started to use this and I really like it:

/p MP<mp> & HP<hp> & TP<tp>
                              /target <bt>

I hit this at the beginning of every battle. Keeps everyone informed of my status and targets the incoming mob

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                              X