Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blah blah blah, macros are too complicated for me.

Comment

[i] The reason I mention this is I find it actually saves me time to manually go into the magic list and select a Cure then select the pt member to use it on rather than using macros. Even now that I know about <st> I still think I'd be faster the way I do it. Using a controller, you can use the up and down arrows on the D-pad to scroll only pt members, so instead of tabbing through wrong pt members and mobs in the area and having no real control over where your arrow is gonna go, I just hit up or down a few times and cast. One time someone in a pt with my whm made a comment about how fast I was with my cure macros and how macros are the only way to be a good whm...I got a great laugh telling him I didn't have a single macro set up for my whm and that I was just really good with my controller. XD [/B]
      Using <stpc> does the exact same thing. You can still use the up and down keys on the control pad to select targets, and it only selects player characters within range, just as if you were doing it from the menu. The only difference is it's included in your Cure macro, and makes things much faster as a result. I use it for all of my buffs and that's the most efficient way for me so far.

EDIT: You can also use <stnpc> for nukes and debuffs. It selects all npcs and mobs around you, just like <stpc> does for player characters. However, because you have to confirm your selection and move the cursor around, it might be better to use <t> or <bt> as it wastes time.

Comment

This is possibly a really n00bish question, but can you toggle between macro palettes? If so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther
          This is possibly a really n00bish question, but can you toggle between macro palettes? If so, how?
          Push Up or Down while you're holding down CTRL or ALT or what ever joypad button you use to bring your macros up.

Comment

Thanks, that should help alot

Comment

AAHHH!!!!:mad: I seriously need to work on those macros, they seem so hard though.
              I'm in crawlers nest and my pt's are getting mad at me cuz I keep going through my magic menu looking for spells and I end up missing my opportunity to cast dispel!

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi
                AAHHH!!!!:mad: I seriously need to work on those macros, they seem so hard though.
                I'm in crawlers nest and my pt's are getting mad at me cuz I keep going through my magic menu looking for spells and I end up missing my opportunity to cast dispel!
                Much easier than going through your spell list. O_O
                I commend you for lasting so long without macros.

Comment

haha, thanks, but I wont last much longer...I've got to figure them out! >< Everytime someone tries to explain to me I start to hear.. "You should use this macro by blah blah blah blah blah...." lol BUT!!...I will learn to use them!!! XD

Comment

Just start out with simple ones first, for example casting the spell Dia.

In the first macro line write:
                    /ma "Dia" <t>

Pressing that macro button will cause you to cast Dia on the mob you have currently selected.

Comment

Hello all, I recently started a new character, a Hume BLM, planning on being a RDM after I get my Subjob. Now, I LOVE writing macros, I just love it, I think it's fun to find the most efficent way to solve a problem, I don't even have my subjob yet, and I already have all my macros written out, three different sets of macros for RDM. RDM/BLM RDM/WHM and RDM/NIN (Soloing :p)

So.. uh, is that wierd of me? Not to mention, most of these macros are JA's/spells that I don't even have yet, along with equipment swapped in that I also don't have yet <.<
                      Levri
                      INT ~ MND
                      RDM/BLM - RDM/WHM
                      Titan Server _=Rank 3=_

------R.I.P Zhandal-----
                      -*Retired Febuary '05*-
                      ------54 PLD/WAR------

Comment

Okay I have a question on macros.
                        I'm doing good with the whole /ma "Dia" <t> I have my healing macros set up the same, but when I'm in a pt I'm automatically targeted on the mob so my cure macros dont work that way, I have to go through the menu press cure then F1 F2 etc, how do I set up healing macros for whem I'm in a pt and auto targeted on a mob?

Comment

/ma "Cure" <stpc>
                          That will bring up a little arrow over your head, then you can use the F buttons from 1 to 6 to target your party.

Comment

Great thanks! ^^ that'll help out soooo much.

I'm a 44RDM/25BLM Any other tips?
                            (I dont know how to update my profile=P)

Comment

Originally posted by Altruist

/equip R.Ring "Electrum Ring" <-- No astrals Yet ; ;
                              /equip L.Ring "Electrum Ring"
                              /equip legs "Custom Slacks"
                              /ja "Convert" <p0>
                              /wait 2
                              /ma "Cure IV" <p0>
                              [/B]
                              i know this post was a long time ago, but i noticed that altruist has 6 / things. how do you get more than 5??
                              sorry if this was alrdy covered

Comment

Originally posted by Jeev
                                i know this post was a long time ago, but i noticed that altruist has 6 / things. how do you get more than 5??
                                sorry if this was alrdy covered
                                We normally have 6 lines for each macro. ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X