• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RDM Macros
    /assist <stnpc>
    /wait 1
    /p <lastst> is targeting <<t>>!
    Something like that, I think, should work for a macro.
    Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Huh, noticed that this wasn't mentioned yet.

/ma Regen <stpt>

and

/ma Refresh <stpt>

basically exist for the sole purpose of easing headaches. Both of those spells can only be used on party members, anyway, so there's absolutely no reason not to. Sure, it will take some getting used to, but ultimately it's much more efficient, especially if you're on the front line.

Just so we're clear, <stpt> was added in a fairly recent update (not sure which one), which basically allows you to target party members, even when they're not on the screen, because the targeting arrow is on the list of party members rather than just over their heads. There's another one for alliances that was added in the same update, too, but I forgot what it was, and so far I haven't encountered any reason to use it.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

<stal>
        And, a RDM would want that for Cure's, -na's, and Haste macros, so when one scrolls through the alliance list to reach the person needing Cure or other spells, blinking from equipment change would not knock one out of <stpc> (or <st>).

- Mugaku

Comment

The problem I have with <stpt> and <stal> is unless I'm mistaken they don't let you use the F-to select your target. Alliance I can sortof understand but I can't get used to the new method of refreshing my party. I'm probably as quick typing /ma "Cure IV" first three letters [tab] as I would be selecting a target with the arrow keys anyway.

Not that I'm saying they're useless or anything but for someone who's spent 6 years honing themselves on a set of tools without those tags they're maybe not worth changing to.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Hmm. I'm mostly a controller user, and I found the transition from <stpc> to <stpt> and <stal> to have been pretty easy.

I can't quite imagine typing for cures, though; wouldn't you normally press a macro for Light Staff anyway? I also macro in some combination of Fast Cast gear and Swift Belt for Cure IV (well one of my Cure IV macros), Refresh, Haste, and -na spells. (Erase and its 15 second base recast... urg!)

- Mugaku

Comment

For gear swaps I just hit my cure macro after I hit enter on the chat line. Though /ta nam[tab] and then hitting the macro would probably be a lot more efficient now that I'm thinking about it. I figure if I'm healing outside of my own party I'm already overachieving anyway so I don't stress the details too much. I haven't come across circumstances where doing so is needed very often since leaving dynamis so I haven't refined my technique.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm frequently in alliance configurations where there's one WHM + DD x4 + BRD (two-boxed) party in the alliance, while I'm in the tank party keeping PLDx2, WHM and misc. people company. I cure DDs in the other parties more often than the people in tank parties, I think, so the WHM over yonder can spend more MP/time on Haste.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                  they don't let you use the F-to select your target.
                  The F-? The Force? The F***?

The biggest problem I had adjusting was that I would normally have a targeting arrow on the screen above somebody's head, and I was previously used to using the arrow keys to move the camera around to get a better view of my target. Since the arrow keys weren't controlling the camera any more, but rather the arrow on the list of party members, that was a bit of a rough start.

I still use <stpc> for cures and -na spells, as in addition to just being used to it already, I can always cast those on people outside my party should I want to help someone. But, for me, there is nothing more simple than looking at a name that is lacking a bit in HP, and then casting Regen on that name.
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

The F-? The Force? The F***?
                    Function Keys. As in Alt+F4.

Comment

• Re: RDM Macros

Ah, I see.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

The biggest thing for me with <stpt> and <stal> has been the lack of sound. The other st things make that "Here's a big blue target arrow" noise when it pops up, so I know I've at least hit the right kind of macro (one where I have to select something), or that the macro has actually activated. Not so with <stpt> and <stal>, and I just haven't gotten used to it.

Not to pile on poor <stpt> and <stal>, though. They're nifty.
                        Ellipses on Fenrir
                        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                        . . .

Comment

Ah, right, I had just about forgotten at this point: the lack of the targeting sound really got to me, as well.

Well, not so much any more, otherwise I wouldn't have forgotten about it.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by XSAWX Assassin View Post
                            what is <bt>
                            stands for battle target, as in any mob with a red (claimed by your party) name.

Comment

Check the date, that post is at least three years old.
                              99 DNC
                              99 WHM
                              99 WAR
                              * 99 THF
                              99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                              99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Wow the forum Tardis is still in good working order.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Working...
                                X