• Show
Clear All

I start every fight with this macro.

/ma Paralyze <bt>
    /wait whatever
    /ma Slow <bt>
    /wait whatever
    /a <bt>

That takes care of my target and then puts me in attack mode. But I am a frontline RDM.

Comment

i cant seem to get the macro to equip my headgear stuff..

heres my macro:
      /equip Head "Silver hairpin"

i checked that the h in hairpin is lower case as well

anyone have any idea?

Comment

Be sure it's head and not something else first through /? equip (since I have never used this one)

Then if it is, try head instead of Head

Finally be sure you are using the name of the item while you looking at it in inventory and not through the item details window.
        Usually names in the window are complete while the ones used for equip macro are used in inventory and can be shorter. Example could be the dagger "Dark Steel Dart" in window but something like "Drk.St.Dart" in inventory. The last one is the one to use in the macro.

Comment

I have a self bow and wooden arrows that I use to pull when soloing, or if the tanks get over zealous and start battle before i'm in range. This helps get an extra hit in and conserves mp.

Also, I keep forgetting that using a ranged weapon or spell doesn't put you in atuo attack mode.

Here's the macro I use:
          /a <t>
          /wait 3
          /shoot <t>

You can set wait to 2, but the animation is screwy and I like form as well as function.

This has come in quite handy for me and has saved me more than once.
          Jigg - Nicholas Clayton MCSD, MCP
          http://www.jiggidiandesigns.com

Comment

Some other useful macros I use are macros to heal each person in my party (takes a little setup time but worth it in battle)

C1:
            /ma "Cure" <PC 1>

C1 - C5

this way, i don't have to switch targets to heal
            Jigg - Nicholas Clayton MCSD, MCP
            http://www.jiggidiandesigns.com

Comment

Convert Macro:
              /ja "Convert" <me>
              /wait 2
              /ma "Cure IV" <me>
              /wait 3
              /ma "Cure III" <me>

Beware of using it in a fight--if the tank isn't keeping hate well or if the mob just used a hate-reset move (Anticans ; , it could get you killed. For emergency use, maybe. ^-^

I also find Phalanx and Stoneskin macros useful so I don't have to change my location in spell list.

/ma "Phalanx" <me>
              (Or "Stoneskin" in Stoneskin macro)

Otherwise I only macro my typical enfeebling spells, Elemental Seal, Refresh, Haste, Cure III and Dispel. Fill the rest with whatever seems best for the situation (/equip ones are always good if you have an Ice Staff and a Sword/Sheild, etc.)!
              There will be cake.

Comment

Originally posted by jigg
                Some other useful macros I use are macros to heal each person in my party (takes a little setup time but worth it in battle)

C1:
                /ma "Cure" <PC 1>

C1 - C5

this way, i don't have to switch targets to heal
                That take a bit more macro room than you want to spend. You can only have 20 macros unless your switching sheets, which is really a pain. Once you have C2, C3, and C4 with 6 slots each, that leaves you with a whole 2 spots left over on that sheet.

Comment

I use the one above as well, but I add Divine Seal in there to maximize the heal after the convert, they both have 10 minute down time so might as well use both at same time....

Convert Macro:

/ja "Convert" <me>
                  /wait 2
                  /ja "Divine Seal" <me>
                  /wait 2
                  /ma "Cure III" <me>
                  "Ecchi nano wo ikenai to omoimasu"

Comment

Future Rdm in the making here. Quick question for you guys: already used to healing w/ <st> and <lastst> tags, but i've noticed people in some parties using <mp> tags on some of the more common spells. As a Pld, I have this as my basic cure macro--

/ma "Cure" <st>
                    /wait 4
                    /p <|Cure|> used on <lastst> /#/ MP: <mp>

The last line indicates who I used Cure on and also indicates my current MP after Cure is casted. Most melee and damage dealers look at the chat logs and the health bars (rarely ever the mana bars in the parties I'm in), and the last line is to hopefully clarify that I'm using up mana. Most of the time, it doesn't matter and the puller pulls while I'm at low MP as a Pld. Sometimes the puller actually notices the /p chatline I have at the end of the macro and lets me regen a few ticks. Think I should keep something like this or just ditch it and have the status macro--

/p STATUS! HP: <hp> // MP: <mp> <call1>
                    Carbuncle Server:
                    Ichnob-35 Warrior, 36 Thief, 36 Paladin, 42 Dark Knight, 10 Ranger, 18 Monk (San d'Oria rank 5) //now I have to farm/save up for more stuff
                    Hayama-18 Monk, 8 Warrior (Bastok rank 2)

Comment

ask a noobish question
                      when i'm engaging in a battle, how do u use macro to refresh ur teamates? and what does <st> mean? Thanks for the tips ^^
                      75赤 75黒 57暗 54� 42シ 38白 37戦
                      RDM/BLM/DRK/NIN/THF/WHM/WAR

Comment

Originally posted by saz
                        ask a noobish question
                        when i'm engaging in a battle, how do u use macro to refresh ur teamates? and what does <st> mean? Thanks for the tips ^^
                        Well, a good example of a Refresh macro can be found in the first post of this topic. <st> is a tag you use in a macro. Take, for example, the following:

/ma "Blind" <st>

Upon using the macro, the game will wait to actually activate the effect until you use TAB to choose a target. So, when you press the macro button, a cursor will appear above the head of a target, and you can use TAB to cycle through all the available targets; then, when you press Enter, the macro will take effect.

Comment

On Convert macro, it is a good idea to Blink and Stoneskin beforehand if using during a battle. Also, if converting out of emergency and no tank is alive to provoke, use Cure 3 instead of 4. 4 will bring instant hate and get u killed w/o Blink and Stoneskin.
                          RDM 75, BLM 73, WHM 42, SMN 41, RNG 40, NIN 37, DRK 37, THF 25, WAR 20

Comment

Originally posted by ichnob
                            Future Rdm in the making here. Quick question for you guys: already used to healing w/ <st> and <lastst> tags, but i've noticed people in some parties using <mp> tags on some of the more common spells. As a Pld, I have this as my basic cure macro--

/ma "Cure" <st>
                            /wait 4
                            /p <|Cure|> used on <lastst> /#/ MP: <mp>

/p STATUS! HP: <hp> // MP: <mp> <call1>
                            This is my macro:

#1) /magic Cure <st>
                            #2) /party Cure - <lastst> - [<mpp>]

So as it's casting the party sees:

{Cure} - Odude - [92%]

So the party sees who I'm casting on, and how much MP I have left. Sometimes I think this is more for me then it is for my party, but oh well. Nobody's every complained about my macro output.

Depending on the job I show different stats in my Info macro. As RDM I include my HP and MP (Status: <hp> HP | <mp> MP [<mpp>] . I also have a Status: <mp> MP [<mpp>]. Will my Elvaan HP, decent tanks, and little to no meleeing, the party doesn't need to see that stat.

As RDM I don't need to show my TP, I rarely get it, and I'm never part of a skillchain. Haven't been since Lv.25 I think. lol Not to mention with all my Equipment macros, my TP is rest about 5 times a battle. lol

And keep this in mind with your macros. K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid. lol There's a lot of spam going on in battles. Don't bombard your party with tons of information when they only need a small reminder of one thing. Some people's TP macros really annoy me. They have 8 things listed, and all you need to do is confuse a 100%HP with a 100%TP and start a Skillchain when all members are not ready.
                            Odude
                            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

RDM macros/battle spam...

After reading through many different forums, and seeing what generally RDM's use for macros, I have a few questions/comments.

At higher level, the members of your party should be able to see when mp is low, so why waste a macro slot with a call telling status of your mp/hp? I also see little to no purpose for using:
                              /p Cure on <t>. Nobody needs to know that you are casting cure, if they need to check who is casting what spells there is a chat filter for that. I just think that it spams the already terrible chat log, since SE won't find a way to let you filter out the other pt's mobs actions and you have to see everything that is going on, just so you can catch when the monster needs Dispel (that's another topic though:mad: ).
                              Basically my macros go..
                              Ctrl 1-4 = Cure 1-4 example. ctrl2 :: /ma "Cure II" <st>
                              Ctrl 5 = Refresh again just /ma "Refresh" <st> but next line I use /recast "Refresh"
                              Ctrl 6 = Haste - same way as Refresh macro, just with Haste instead....
                              Ctrl 7 = Regen. I dunno if this is really important macro, but since my SP doesn't have a WHM it's useful to throw on the Ninja.
                              Ctrl8 = Blink.... /ma "Blink" <me>
                              Ctrl9 = Phalanx same as above
                              Ctrl10 = Convert - /equip Ring 1 "Astral Ring" /equip Ring 2 "Astral Ring" /ja "Convert" <me> /wait 2 /ma "Cure IV" <me>

All the enfeebles have macros for equip ring and main, so I will just do the first couple so you get idea...
                              Alt1 - Paralyze - /equip Main "Ice Staff" /equip Ring1 "Aquamarine Ring" /equip Ring2 "Aquamarine Ring" /ma "Paralyze" <t>
                              alt2 - Slow, same as above just with Earth staff.
                              alt 3 - Dia2 no ring or staff macro for this.
                              alt4- Gravity same as Paralyze just with int rings, and Wind staff, I also use /recast "Gravity" at end
                              alt 5 - Dispel same as Gravity but with Dark staff
                              alt 6 - Sleep2 - int rings dark staff
                              alt 7 - this is my MB macro. right now its for blizz2 , ice staff int rings
                              alt 8 drain, dark staff int rings and recast line
                              alt 9 aspir same as drain
                              alt 0 Silence, mnd rings Wind staff

I use 2 macros sets (1 and 2)
                              on bottom one I have randomness like Stoneskin or switching to Darkstaff for healing and such, but pretty much that's it.

Btw, Astral's very overrated imo for RDM, I use them at the very start of the battle to cast 50ish mp away then they switch and don't come back on until I am resting full or Convert.

That's my .02

Comment

Wow...270+ levels and 8 months in this game and I'm just now finding out about <st> XD I currently have my Refresh macros set up as Alt+1-6. I find this especially helpful since I always know who I refreshed last by which macro is selected...but recently I've been wanting more macro room (I've expanded to 2 palates now ><) and I rarely forget who's next for refresh anyway. So....quick question about <st> and <lastst>...does the macro wait to use the /p Refresh >> <lastst> line until you've selected the <st>? Or should I just include enough /wait to cover the time it would take to select the pt member? I'll probably play around with this a bit just to see how it works. Gah, this means I'll have to rearrange macros yet again...every time I get them set and get good at knowing where they are I have to move them again! lol

Anyway, I don't have any macros that aren't already listed here...I have Wind Light Dark Earth and Ice Staves so they are included in macros for enfeebs and nukes. Oh yeah, I play with a controller so I only use kb for macros and chatting. The reason I mention this is I find it actually saves me time to manually go into the magic list and select a Cure then select the pt member to use it on rather than using macros. Even now that I know about <st> I still think I'd be faster the way I do it. Using a controller, you can use the up and down arrows on the D-pad to scroll only pt members, so instead of tabbing through wrong pt members and mobs in the area and having no real control over where your arrow is gonna go, I just hit up or down a few times and cast. One time someone in a pt with my whm made a comment about how fast I was with my cure macros and how macros are the only way to be a good whm...I got a great laugh telling him I didn't have a single macro set up for my whm and that I was just really good with my controller. XD
                                Gia - Sandy Rank 10
                                RDM75/WHM75/BLM75/BRD75/SMN62/PLD61

Comment

Working...
                                X