• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RDM Macros

what is <bt>

Comment

<bt> = Battle Target

So basically, it targets the mob you are battling.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

oh ok ty... are there any macro sets u could advise a level 8 rdm ?

Comment

Well right now you just have Dia and Cure.

/ma Dia <t>

for Dia and

/ma Cure <t>

for cure. There really aren't too many equipment swaps at such low levels so basic macros are fine.

I will give you this advice. When it comes to Bar spells, just invest in Barstone, Barwater, Barthunder, Barfire, Barblizzard, and Baraero. The status effects like barpoison, barsleep, etc are really not that useful and when you are tight for money in the lower levels its a waste to spend money on those spells. You can always pick them up later when you are doing better.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Since a lvl 8 RDM will solo for some time then it should be /ma Cure <me> instead. Or <stpc> since it's unlikely he will be disengaged while using it in a party unless he is the main healer (which he really shouldn't.)
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
              wait 20 is fine. 20 is actually the highest wait you can put in.

my 75PLD macros have /wait 30 for voke which works just fine :p
              Test first ftw

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

just to clear up a few things up:
              /ma magic attack
              /ja job ability
              /ws weapon skill
              /pet pet. . .
              /recast ftw
              /ta target
              <bt> battle target when 2 will do second one usually
              /assist tells u who has hate :p aka /assist <bt> /wait 1 /L <t> has hate!
              /heal on for the lag and /heal off (this one i really didnt want to give away, its like a secret or something :p)
              <stpc> for sub target player character
              <stnpc> for sub target non player character
              <lastst> is new to me but i understand what it says :p
              you must capitalize the word cure for /ma Cure <stpc>
              you must cap and quote cure for /ma "Cure II" <stpc>
              for refresh x3 with composure on use /wait 21 between spells
              <me> is u and only you so be prepared to let someone die if your not alone :p
              <p1> is the party member below you, thus its max <p5>
              i like to put /ma Haste <stpc> /wait 5 /ma "Ice Spikes" <me> /wait 5 /ma Enblizzard <me> for soloing
              hmm... what am i forgeting
              ah yes for all you rdms out there who dont look up stuff on the web :p
              rdm af hat produces the same effect on utsu recast as walahra turban, but it also casts 10% faster which is good for living
              oh heres a few examples:
              /equip main "Apollo's Staff"
              /equip sub "Ice Grip"
              /ma Refresh <p3>
              /ja Convert <me>
              /ma "Cure IV" <stpc>
              /ja Provoke <bt>
              /lsmes Dynamis-Beaucedine thur gather @ 8pm est..::.. Dont be late!
              /servmes There will be maintenance in the following areas for the next three years so please log out asap: Aht Urhgan Whitegate, Al Zhabi, Jueno, Windy, SanD, Bastok, Selbina, Mhaura, Nashmau, Tavnazian Safehold, and any other place u can change jobs :p

if anyone has any questions please um... msg me ig if u on ifrit im Propitiation
              or: on youtube! youtube /rpaull3
              or... myspace /rpaull3

How you build your macros is your choice and often a matter of opinion!

75rdm 75pld 75blu 75sam 75dnc
              Last edited by Propitiation; 05-10-2009, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Dude, that post was made in 2004.

For future reference while /wait 30 technically works, /wait 30 Provoke macros are a bad idea either way because using any other macro will cancel the /wait 30 and whatever came afterwards, so you won't get the notification that Provoke is ready again. A more consistent way to do things is to use /recast.
                That's not how assist works nor how it's used. You give it a player target, not an enemy target (e.g. /assist <stpc> and target a party member) and the command will target whatever mob that party member is fighting (hence the name - you're assisting that player.) Its main uses are making sure you're targeting the tank's mob in cases where there are multiple mobs sleeping, or automatically targeting whatever the puller pulled.

Comment

Yeah, the limit for the /wait command was extended to 60 seconds in the April 2004 patch, a month or two after neighbortaru posted that. At the time if we wanted to wait 60, we had to /wait 20 three times.

Apr. 22, 2004 Update Details - It's under System Related

Wow, these old patch notes bring back some memories.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    Quote:
                    That's not how assist works nor how it's used. You give it a player target, not an enemy target (e.g. /assist <stpc> and target a party member) and the command will target whatever mob that party member is fighting (hence the name - you're assisting that player.) Its main uses are making sure you're targeting the tank's mob in cases where there are multiple mobs sleeping, or automatically targeting whatever the puller pulled.
                    This is actually a very good way of using /assist, although I'm not sure I'd put the /l in there...

I often use this method to heal ppl outside of my PT or alliance in dynamis. Target the mob and /assist to see who's about to get hit. /assist works both ways...

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

That is correct, according to the Wiki.

Command/assist - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Comment

That's interesting. I never knew.

Comment

It's a handy thing for figuring out who needs to run out of meteor range and whose turn it is to run like hell while others blast the target.
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Or running away from Citadel Buster. That one's a pain.
                            "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

I remember using /assist on Kirin (though not as a macro) to see who was being beaten to a pulp. I was able to drop a Cure V on people who needed it a few times thanks to it.

Incidentally, Propritation was saying you need to capitalize properly when doing things like /ma "Cure II" <stpc> ... you don't, at least not for the Cure part. I don't know about the II, and I do know that <stpc> must be lower-case, but it doesn't matter for names (item names too in /equip macros).

Comment

I seem to remember you could use a command to show the name of the player with hate. I kinda remember using echo with it, but not sure.

Was that /assist?
                                sigpic
                                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X