Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drg/drk *at Level 60+*

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    crisis.. get your ass back in game and get to lvl 60 damnit! I was tempted to try this before my last month was over.. But I never came around to it.. Everyone in my LS told me I was a nut case.. However I did run into another exotic DRG player who I convinced to do it. he's about the same level you are.. But i've lost contact with him. =\

    Comment


    • #62
      I've been having some rough personal shit goin down so I havn't really been in the mood to play... i'm still lvl 55. But I will get to 60 when things are better.
      "The Dark Dragoon"

      Comment


      • #63
        ak.. that's sad to hear.. I hope things work out for the better =3

        Comment


        • #64
          yeah Crisis,

          you may actually be the hope to alot of the dragoon's late game crisis. (no pun intended)

          If you can safely test out the diff. between drg/drk and tell me that it still outdoes the dmg of drg/war at that lvl (with their zerk+double attack which is random) then i'll be convinced that dragoons who whine about not being worth much endgame in terms of damage, just haven't tried all of their options.

          Hope that problems goes alright. Get back to game ASAP. thnx man.

          Comment


          • #65
            I am curious what you are fighting that enables you to hit as hard as a drg/war with berserk enabled. I have both subs, and I have never hit as hard as when I play drg/war with berserk on. Maybe I hit equally as hard without the buff, but once a drg/war uses berserk, damage increases by a significant amount. Last resort will bump me back up, but it just doesn't last long enough. I am thinking once I hit 60, I will try this combo out again for souleater, esp. since it's on a similar timer as super jump. Also, the emergency heal breath is kind of nice.

            So far, the only viable situation I see for drk sub is ballista, in which case it rocks because of the healing breath factor paired with the extra breath damage. Nothing annoys another player more than almost killing you only to see your wyvern heal you
            Drg70

            Comment


            • #66
              Crisis O m F G.. i love u.. i was planning on being a Drg but then my friends like No be a Ninja and ill buy you the stuff you need to become good so i was like eh, ok but now Your Drg/Drk has restored my Faith and im Now going to become..'let the legacy live on Drg 4 lyfe'


              Leaping boots:X Emp hairpin:X 2xSniper's Rings:X Utsusemi Ichi:X (again) .. I can now LVL NIN!!

              Comment


              • #67
                I am a level 31 DRG (Yes, I know I haven't updated my profile) and I have tried several different subs. While I cannot speak for later levels, I do know several high level DRG who use DRG/DRK and a few who even refuse to sub WAR.

                While I can tell you that this comob works great at my level (dmg is great and that emergency healing breath is phenomenal), I don't think it will offer much to the discussion.

                I would simply like to point out one new piece of equipment: The Killer Earring. This level 30 earring gives +5 attack when DRK is subbed (latent effect triggered by sub job). That's 2 attack better than a beetle+1 earring without the hit to evasion.

                The WAR earring gives a boost to vit (+2 VIT). While this can be great for PLD/WAR, it shouldn't be too much of a concern for a dmg dealing class.

                The Killer Earring (while not a great boost) makes for an amazing equipment boost. Suddenly the DRK sub becomes more attractive.

                Also, I think the discussion should focus on all benefits of the DRK sub. Sure, with WAR sub you get voke, but since when do the dmg dealing classes need to voke? Sure, you get berserk, but DRK gives you a similar boost to dmg. Now you add in SE for that end kill on particularly hard mobs, last resort as sort of a pseudo-berserk, healing breath in emergencies (Healing Breath 2 cures me for 78 hp when cure 2 usually does about 90 hp), jumps that enable you to shed hate, etc, etc, etc.

                We then discuss passive traits like attack boosts. Even when war gets the attack boost (while the DRK does not stack) their dmg is at the very least comparable. A defense boost is of course helpful, but in a good PT you shouldn't be taking hits anyway. Every DRG FAQ says the same thing: DRG do not tank. While these boosts are helpful, they should by no means be considered the defining factor in your decision.

                The feeling I get from many posters is that the pro-DRK sub people are not saying it is a superior sub. I don't believe it is a superior sub, but I do think it is a viable and perhaps even equal sub. Yes, DRG/WAR works. There's no debate there, but some of us would like to know how well DRG/DRK works. Let's try to keep this as a discussion of viability rather than superiority.

                I love the versatility of a DRG/DRK. It suits my style of play far more than DRG/WAR. I've seen it work at high levels and I know I can make it work FOR ME. I say try it at any level and if it works, Go with it.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Sure, with WAR sub you get voke, but since when do the dmg dealing classes need to voke?
                  Play with a THF. double thrust > fast blade or viper bite does sick damage. I'm sure you'd rather provoke so the THF can put that damage on the tank. Heck, it might even kill you.
                  Mobile 2400+ @11.5x200MHz, 1.7v| NF7-S 2.0 | 2x512 Corsair pc3200
                  BFG FX6800 OC 128MB @350/700, 16x1,6vp | Antec True 430

                  Allakhazam Profile | ShirtNinjas Profile

                  Thanks to ShadowFlare for hosting my sig. FLaReTecH Forums

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    not to rein on ur parade or anything... but whats the highest xp chain you got @ 40-55? almost any job works if the person is patient enough... or leeches enough in gay pts.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Well I got all my personal shit taken care of and i'm back in the game. Very soon I will post my full Drg/Drk guide (similar to the Drg/Rdm one stickied up top) which I have written, just waiting till I hit 60 to add in the final part.

                      mobia: I've been fighting the normal mobs everyone fights, it's not like i'm going around fighting weak mobs or anything.

                      JexIntrepid: Yep, problems are all taken care of and i'm on my way to 60.

                      Taodyn: My Drg/Drk info that I got written up does just what you said, focusing on the benefits of /Drk, so I got that covered.

                      FFXI-FREAK96: Uh... yeah... I love you too... *slowly backs away from Freak96...*

                      Ok, i'll be posting my findings soon, also once I play around with the new patch shit they put in i'll post any differences.

                      ~Crisis
                      "The Dark Dragoon"

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        any sub after 40 that is not warrior is just plain SUBPAR. i can guarantee i will outdamage any drg same lvl and equip using a war sub than any other sub 40-60. 60+ war sub is probably the best choice because samurai sub is extremely shitty (wow 60 tp every 3 minutes and 14 TP a hit.) with the recently tp change, you cannot spam a penta and meditate to be ready for chain as usual. no more soloing your WS because everyone needs the magic bursts now. /thf sub would be nice if your group sucks ass. having to rely on a drgs WS to give agro to the nin (god forbid a pld needs trick) is just plain shitty group.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          another note... the drg/rdm combo wasn't tried 31+... if you read the guide over...

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            When will people learn that we're not saying Drg/Drk is better then drg/war, it's just a view on another sub idea for Drg. It has nothing to do with whether drg/war is better or not... geez... so all the posts that say "i can do better with drg/war" or "Drg/war is a better sub" are pointless and a waste of time. We all know Drg/War is the better sub...

                            Not everyone has to be the uber dragoon with the best sub. Sometimes thats not fun for people, like me. I dred leveling War, plus Drg/Drk is more my playing style. And please don't start with the "good luck finding a party with anything other then /War" cause thats bullshit too. I have a good reputation as a good player and can find a group no problem, whether my sub is War or Drk or Rdm for that matter...

                            My rambling is done for now, just thought i'd comment on the "i can do better with /War sub" shit...
                            "The Dark Dragoon"

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              you know you'll be expecting flames and such

                              you shouldnt be posting such a thread in the first place

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Dano
                                you know you'll be expecting flames and such

                                you shouldnt be posting such a thread in the first place
                                Yes, how DARE he try to post information on a sub-job combo that has no current information on it!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X