X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bard Sub-job

Ok, this isn't what you think it is....

First of all I am wondering which class I must pick (either White mage or Red mage..perhaps another; and explain) at the beginning of a game to which it would most likely be my sub-job for a future Bard.

I would like to know from Bards who've experienced and has experience using the class so I could finally make up my mind. And please explain thouroghly(pros/cons).

Thx for taking your time reading this.

Re: Bard Sub-job

WHM is the only commonly used subjob for bard for a variety of reasons (if you spend some time looking over the stickies here you'll see why; status removal, backup cures, plus the fact that you'll eventually be spending a lot of time singing Mage's Ballad so you get the MP back anyway). WHM is a good starting job if you intend to play Bard in the future, as a result.

Icemage

Comment

I understand all that but i am not really fond of the white mage, it just isn't me.
      But if I were to excel in the Bard class, is it necessary to pick White Mage?
      And how does the white mage "work" from 1-42. Is it O K ?

uugh 2 many questions......

Comment

I suppose you could /rdm too. Ive seen a few Bard/rdms. You need to know that sometimes Bards do a lot of healing, and if you dont have a subjob that allows for that (hence /whm or /rdm) you wont be preforming to what is standard for this job class.

Comment

Whm unfortunately for you is a neccesity. You *need* Whm sub job. Brd won't have much time to cast smaller cures so curaga is what you'll be casting at end game. Silena, parana, poizona, bar-ra spells you can use along with resist songs and much more. You might be able to get away with /Rdm but know that ppl will not be really happy to have you. Altho they will still bite it and invite you just because you're a bard.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

you could do BRD/rdm I guess.

However, just like how you are not fond of WHM, ppl are not fond of BRD/rdm either. Some might not care, some might...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Personally I'd rather play as brd/rdm than i would brd/whm. Although, being a brd, you are often running around the battlefield keeping everyon's songs up than you are casting your sub's spells. Of course during the times of the battle when everyone is buffed and will most likely stay that way for the remainder of the battle are bards able to bust out their secondary abilities. I found that when I played with my brd/whm I would just stand there with nothing to do because: A) bards are the ultimate party helper and downtime reducers in the game and B) there is usally another whm or heal tank in the party. So if you want to fill that space with something more helpful, I'd suggest /rdm. You can still cure and support your pt in anyways and have the ability to MB >:D
              `\~*~/`Life is a Dream, Death is the Alarm Clock`\~*~/`

Comment

this would have to go to the white mage forum but, from experience from bards(as a main class) any tips, what to do with White Mage to begin, up to what level should I level my Whm? Anything else would be appreciated...

thx again

Comment

I'm not a bard, but your best bet seem to be lvl both whm and blm to 10, then lvl either to 18 and get your subjob. Get blm to atleast 15 (you'll be totally done with it at 18 if you want so you could just lvl it straight to that) then lvl whm to 30 and get the bard job. Won't have to lvl whm again till bard hits 60 and then its only 7 lvls to 37 and a full lvld subjob.
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

ok your best route to take is BLM to 18. get subjob access (and warp). get WHM to 32/33 (just out of kazham). activate BRD and play around to see if you like it.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

If you really hate the thought of playing WHM, you should really not consider playing Bard. Having both jobs at level 75, I'll tell you that playing Bard "feels" a lot like playing WHM, except at 1/3 speed. Both jobs are heavy on support abilities and spells, and you spend most of your time maintaining the well-being of your party.

BRD/RDM is "acceptable" only for the fact that people will invite BRD/anything to a party most of the time. It's not the best job combination, and is of extremely limited value except at one specific level range: 30-31. You get access to Fast Cast I, but no access to Curaga until level 32 from a white mage sub in that range.

After level 32, WHM sub is preferable in every circumstance for XP and most HNM situations.

If you want to make bard your main job, you'll need to level WHM to at least level 37, and quite a few players go the extra mile and get to 38 or even 42 for additional Teleports.

Icemage

Comment

Newest trend on my server is BRD/SMN. It's a pretty awesome combination atleast I think so. Most BRDS on my server aren't expected to do anything but sing so they have fun with their subs ^-^(Especially when there's a WHM and RDM in PT).
                        → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                        ∧____∧
                        (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

Originally posted by Arris
                          Newest trend on my server is BRD/SMN. It's a pretty awesome combination atleast I think so. Most BRDS on my server aren't expected to do anything but sing so they have fun with their subs ^-^(Especially when there's a WHM and RDM in PT).
                          ya also wanted for aerial armor, i've seen some solo bards sub nin and not do half bad, for the most part, bards and go naked w/ whatever sj they want and be as useful end game (imo) cause when u have a party and a half of whms, who needs to cure? plus with bard's justaucorps, amemet mantle, genbu's kabuto, two daggers, snipers rings, some dusk gear, etc, u got a pretty decent little melee who can go forever cause of their regenerative of enhancing songs brd is a pretty deep class for those who want to give it their all

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
                          Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
                          Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyura
                            ya also wanted for aerial armor, i've seen some solo bards sub nin and not do half bad, for the most part, bards and go naked w/ whatever sj they want and be as useful end game (imo) cause when u have a party and a half of whms, who needs to cure? plus with bard's justaucorps, amemet mantle, genbu's kabuto, two daggers, snipers rings, some dusk gear, etc, u got a pretty decent little melee who can go forever cause of their regenerative of enhancing songs brd is a pretty deep class for those who want to give it their all
                            yeah I agree. I also went on a skill up party with 75BRD/37BST...let's just say we own'd everything!
                            → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                            ∧____∧
                            (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

Originally posted by Arris
                              yeah I agree. I also went on a skill up party with 75BRD/37BST...let's just say we own'd everything!
                              heh, bst kicks my ass, not tried that yet, but was plvling a pt in kazham i went sub like level 15 bst and charmed a monkey and used it to kill gobs \(^-^)/

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
                              Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
                              Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X