This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Favorite Race.

Tarus are indeed quite confortable to play. I still stick with hume.

Comment

Galkas are my favs. Dunno why, just thought they would look good as Monks.. And i didn't want to play Hume, boring to be a human in a game.. And Mithras are good on jobs i dont like that much, tarus are good at jobs i dont like, and i hate the thought of being killed in 1 hit. I wanna be big. And i just hate the "noble" Elvaans.

Comment

The Elvaan have always been cool for me. But I really hate that their starting outfit has a protruding package, if you know what I mean. I'll be just sitting there, and then when I get my character to turn around, I'll get poked in the eye. That would suck.

But I guess the Hume are the coolest. Male mithras would be pretty cool too, though.

Comment

Mithra is my favorite at the moment......I think. I'm bad about choosing favorites. I played Elvaan first and really enjoyed it. But then I needed to start over because my lil bro was on the same account and I wanted to try something new. I started mithra and have enjoyed it ever since. It would have been nice be a male mithra, but there are too few males to venture outside >.>

I always love seeing my character swinging a GA, its sooooo cool. I love playing war in a different way. It is quite different than elvaan. I can also play war/thf with more success. I don't miss so much and all that good stuff.

I really enjoy being a mithra.
          Peace is a dream flying on gossamer wings. You can surely attain peace. But, the only way is through the grave.

Comment

Alright, time to give my opinion on race. And I'm going to break it down even more and factor gender into it too. I'm going to focus more on race appearance rather than in-game performance.

Let's start with the basics, Hume. (Of course. )

Hume Male - Okay...I can't take it. I have to get out the one thing that bothers me the most, their facial expression. I don't like how any of the hume male faces look. To me, they all look either emotionless or angry. Seriously, take a minute to look at them and you'll see what I mean. And overall, the character models don't impress me that much. (They don't look as good in-game as they do during character selection.)

Hume Female - They're better. Some actually smile. And I find the character models to be more impressive than the males. And I guess there isn't much more for me to say. I think I've spent the least amount of attention focusing on hume females. (Doesn't have to be positive attention. Hume males, for example, was mostly negative attention.)

Elvaan Male - Alright, I'm going to have to jump into the bandwagon with those saying the way they stand and run looks funny. (And the way they sit.) But on the plus side, I do find their character models more impressive in appearance than hume males.

Elvaan Females - I'd rate their character models about the same as the males, but they do get a little plus because they don't portray the male's "awkward stance" as much. It's less noticeable, and they way they sit is more casual.

Tarutaru Male - Fun. lol tarus are always fun. And I take back what I said about spending the least amount of attention on hume females. Tarutaru males are actually higher. Reason: Tarutaru = mage, mage = tunic, tunic hides physical characteristics more, thus less time focusing on them.

Tarutaru Females - Since a couple of my friends on are tarutaru females, I've spent more attention looking at them. Both are pretty even since there is so little difference between the two. But once again, I think I rank the females a little higher up. Hairstyle seems a little more appealing. And the "child appearance" doesn't seem as high with the female.

Galka Male - The big bad galka, the common first impression. Although I also find galka to be the most humorous race. (I like the way they clap. ) The galka's tough appearance and stern expression are cool, but considering that I 'generally' have a pretty nice/carefree personality in-game, the two don't go the best together.

Mithra Female - And here we are, mithra. I'm going to come right out and say they are #1 for me. And there are a few reasons for this. The plus I gave to the hume females for smiling goes to the mithra too. I also like how mithra seem to be the most casual race out of all of them. Looking at the way the rest and sit, they both look so natural. With most of the other races I get the feeling like they're trying too hard to be different. Like for example, the elvaan's half bent resting stances with one hand up. (Which I can imagine would get extremely uncomfortable if you tried doing that for real.)

Race Overview - Mithra - Tarutaru - Elvaan - Hume - Galka

Complete Overview - Mithra - Elvaan Female - Tarutaru Female - Tarutaru Male - Hume Female - Galka - Elvaan Male - Hume Male

Coincidentally, my nation choice order goes: Windurst, San d'Oria, Bastok; which corresponds perfectly with the race overview.
            Last edited by Silent Howler; 08-15-2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusivellama View Post
              If you picked Galka based on the character creation screen visuals (and the animation), you seriously have to be brain dead. Dont' know what I'm talking about? Go create a Galka and sit through the animation sequence...it's hilarious.
              If I based my choices on the animation sequence only, my results would have been quite different. I thought the elvaan female looked really great. Seemed very modest and strong-willed. Mithra on the other hand, would actually be towards the bottom. A bit too feminine for me.

Comment

Hume Female - Man Hands, RUN AWAY!

Comment

I like being a taru. my second choice would be a galka

Comment

TAru FTW! Otherwise, Mithra

Comment

My favorite race is Elvaan.