Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Do we really need to buy a security token?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do we really need to buy a security token?

The Japanese POL Viewer put up that error 4-5 days after the tokens went on sale. I got an email yesterday saying that I qualified for a preorder period at the end of the month, 2 days before they get listed as back in stock for Japanese POL users that didn't give an email address to request a preorder. North America didn't go out of stock until about a week ago. The funny thing is that any account can get their token shipped to any address in the US, Canada, Africa, Australia, Europe, or just about anywhere in Asia, so every region should have run out of stock at once, because they were pulling from the same pool.
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
    http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
    My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      The need for a secondary character is low in this game because you can level every single job on the same character. While the complaints about having to pay $1 for a mule haven't been that numerous, the complaints about storage space have, and they're 100% related. Increased storage space lowers dependency on mule characters. The community has been pressing SE for more space at pretty much every single fanfest. And speaking about that, it makes even more sense to complain about having to pay for the Satchel because it's even more useful than a mule or a fourth Mog Safe. The satchel doesn't just boost your storage capacity immensely, it doubles your inventory space, making it far easier to carry consumables, tools, loot, and still have all the space you could ever need for equipment. It wouldn't surprise me if some people deleted a mule upon getting the Satchel.This inevitably slows you down (thanks to our sloppy and unresponsive UI), and either increases the clutter of your macro palettes or makes your palettes pan out over multiple sets or books. It's not 100% crippling, but it's very inconvenient - just like having insufficient inventory. Not just that, it also becomes harder to perform "maintenance" on your macros when you have to look through different sets or books.Quoted for truth.
      And there-in lies the answer to the dilemma, which you've failed to recognize.

SE never gave super increased storage space because people paid for mules to do that and SE wasn't about to give up this extra income just to appease their players. And you're incorrect, there was alot of ill-fanfare about muling for storage space in the beginning and for a quite a while, until people just came to accept the fact you had to pay a lil more money for a mule.

And now here SE is again, offering the mog satchel as a bonus to a security token. SE didn't offer this kind of storage capacity in the past because it was income to them; so what makes you think they're going to suddenly do it now? I dunno. Complain that it sux to have to pay for storage space. No problem lol.

Is it shady that SE does this? Yeh, I think so. But after so much time passes... really, its just a game. SE didn't budge on making mules free. They gotta make their money somehow. Either play it or shut up about it. lol But my intention was not to argue this fact, except to argue that fact that the "incessant childish whining about waaah waaaah I can't get my way" of some posters attitudes is what's fkn annoying and what makes ppl pissed off about, which you keep failing to realize. lol
      °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
      sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Is it shady that SE does this? Yeh, I think so. But after so much time passes... really, its just a game. SE didn't budge on making mules free. They gotta make their money somehow. Either play it or shut up about it. lol But my intention was not to argue this fact, except to argue that fact that the "incessant childish whining about waaah waaaah I can't get my way" of some posters attitudes is what's fkn annoying and what makes ppl pissed off about, which you keep failing to realize. lol
        On the contrary, most of the game's most revolutionary nerfs/updates have come about because of pure bitchery. Also, people have a right to bitch about unfair things, pretending otherwise is ignorant.

While bitching about this probably won't make SE make the satchel available through some other means since the sales have already begun, it could prevent further bundling of high-demand features with purchasable real life items. It's ludicrous to think public outcry falls on deaf ears; public outcry is precisely what brought about the AV and PW nerfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
          On the contrary, most of the game's most revolutionary nerfs/updates have come about because of pure bitchery. Also, people have a right to bitch about unfair things, pretending otherwise is ignorant.

While bitching about this probably won't make SE make the satchel available through some other means since the sales have already begun, it could prevent further bundling of high-demand features with purchasable real life items. It's ludicrous to think public outcry falls on deaf ears; public outcry is precisely what brought about the AV and PW nerfs.
          Ew, you have this nasty habit of twisting the intention and inference of my statements. How rude. Therefore, I secede to your indescript lack of analytical thoroughfare.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
            well it does depend on what jobs you play, some (like RDM) for optimum leetness, has to swap 3-4-6-8 gear parts to do something (I find it stupid but eh, its how some people play) so double the lines would be very useful to many players
            As a thf, I swap out every single non-weapon piece of armor for damn near everything I do, and I still wouldn't pay for increased Macro length.

Originally posted by hexx View Post
            My guess is the main reason some people bitch about it is cuz for so long, SE stated they couldnt increase the mog safe capacity due to ps2 limitations, and yet lo and behold, we get the mog satchel >.>
            They never said that, they said they can't increase Inventory past 80 due to the memory restriction only being able to hold 160 items at one time. Which is two Item windows, for moving stuff back and forth. SE can only add new blocks of inventory of 80 spaces at a time.

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
            SE didn't offer this kind of storage capacity in the past because it was income to them; so what makes you think they're going to suddenly do it now?
            NPC storage, Furniture Storage space increase, additional gobby bags and Mog Lockers disagree. And SE stated before they were looking into a new system that could possibly feature Job Specific inventory blocks. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next big updates or two, or maybe the next big expansion (not the mini ones) we get even more inventory space.

SE has repeatedly given players new ways to hold stuff, but in a game where you can do everything on one character, and people hold on to R/E whether they need them or not, space will always be an issue.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
              NPC storage, Furniture Storage space increase, additional gobby bags and Mog Lockers disagree. And SE stated before they were looking into a new system that could possibly feature Job Specific inventory blocks. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next big updates or two, or maybe the next big expansion (not the mini ones) we get even more inventory space.

SE has repeatedly given players new ways to hold stuff, but in a game where you can do everything on one character, and people hold on to R/E whether they need them or not, space will always be an issue.
              That's not what I meant (and which I suppose I should have literally said, my mistake.) What I meant was that, even with all the storage we have now, its still not enough which requires the use of mules to hoard all your gear on, which we have to pay for. Why isn't SE making mules no longer cost anything? Because, they gotta get their money somehow. Or they would have, along with giving us all these differring storage options, made additional chars a free service.

SE is trying to get income like any normal company would. I mean.... I technically can't fault them for that, but that doesn't mean I like it. I'm trying to be fair in my ascertations. I don't have a problem with complaining about issues. ... I have a problem with doing it in a derogatory manner that's sophmoric. That was my only gripe lol. But someone pulled me out of context and flew with my words like a frickin kite haha.

On the same token (no pun intended), possibly there is a good number of people that think the inventory space we have is fine. So to them, they don't need the mog satchel. There's probably a good number of people that play 1 or 2 chars and barely craft. I mean the only real reason to need space is to hoarde all your crafting gear and your job gear.... or your farming items your saving stacks of stuff for. Unless... your a hoarder of r/e o.0.
              sigpic

Comment

The cost on mules was to try to keep what happened to Bahamut and Odin from happeneing purely due to everyone maxing out the number of mules they can have. Remember how Cactuar got filled to capacity during the Xbox 360 beta because of all the abandoned characters just from people uninstalling the game without deleting their Content IDs before doing so, because all beta characters were free? The fee is a deterrent to you making a bunch of characters for no reason other than storage, so you don't simply max out the server's character slots with storage characters instead of characters that are actually played. That it makes them some extra money is a bonus.

It's mainly a reverse incentive, like how the satchel being tied to the token is an incentive to get one, and how the Kupofried Ring is the incentive to keep the Kupowers active. The price of a token is chump change that you pay once, likely only every few years. They would make more money off your mules. Most of the cost of that token is going for shipping and to pay the company making them, the security system is to help them retain the customer base by giving an option that makes your account harder to hack into.

Really, the token either gives very little profit, or actually costs more to implement than they make just off of token sales, especially because they had to buy the server software and possibly a security server to have their end of the system working, and invest in man hours of labor for PlayOnline Viewer to be reprogrammed to deal with the token system.
                Last edited by bungiefan; 06-20-2009, 03:07 AM.
                http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Still going strong I see.. *Edit* or not I didn't even read the post dates :D
                  Found Online Made by me

Comment

Working...
                  X