Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SE needs to put more into the PVP aspect of the game

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
    Seriously, if you're not interested in PvP, why post in a PvP discussion board?
    Because when discussing a subject, "Subject is stupid" is just as valid a discussion as any other. Also, PROTIP: Almost nobody on these forums browses the boards individually. We use the "New Posts" button. Hell, I've got that link bookmarked so I get right to the part of the forum I care about.

Comment

Trying to add massive PvP focus to this game just doesn't make sense to me. FFXI was built from the ground up to fill the niche of a PvE game. I just don't see how adding PvP would benefit the game in any way.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        Makes people sound like real winners, doesn't it?
        Yep. It's one of the reasons why I dislike PvP, this very attitude. I guess it's why endgame got under my skin too. lol

Seriously, if you're not interested in PvP, why post in a PvP discussion board?
        Because you asked for opinions and we are giving you ours. Now if you only want agreeable ones, make your own forum, post a PvP thread and delete all posts that don't agree with you! lol (or ban them...but that would eat into your user base.) Of course, you probably won't have many members.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
          Trying to add massive PvP focus to this game just doesn't make sense to me.

Where was "massive" PvP focus the subject? Simple tweaks to the current PvP system to benefit a variety of players interested in PvP combat is perfectly logical, why doesn't that make sense to you?

I understand I did ask for your opinions, but if you're not interested you don't have to troll my thread, it would be nice to see some more ideas like Kailea's, something productive, or to toss ideas around.

If you're worried about the community going to shit, really, I think it already has. This forum was never this aggressive five years ago.
          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
          Yeah, It’s true.
          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

If you're worried about the community going to shit, really, I think it already has. This forum was never this aggressive five years ago.
            That's down to our patience at reading the same old shit wearing out four years ago.

Comment

Where was "massive" PvP focus the subject? Simple tweaks to the current PvP system to benefit a variety of players interested in PvP combat is perfectly logical, why doesn't that make sense to you?
              A few simple tweaks? Sorry but that sounds a bit far-fetched. It doesn't make sense to me because there's really no call for PvP content to even be addressed at this point in the game's development cycle. If you wanted PvP to be viable you'd have to retool the whole game from the ground up. Seriously, just take a look at the jobs. They're not exactly designed to be self-sufficient. How are you gonna make it so a White Mage can stand toe-to-toe with any of the front-line fighters trading blows? It's not something you can fix with a few "simple tweaks".

To make with the hyperbole, adding more PvP content to FFXI is like trying to add go-kart racing in space to Street Fighter. It doesn't make any sense.

Comment

I would love to see better pvp in ffxiv. I was one of the 5.5 million people that quit ffxi for another game, after spending 6 years of my life playing it. When i see people say pvp dont belong in the game i love makes me sad to. Try not to feed these trolls tho they are on every FF sight trolling any pvp forums they can. After the game come outs and the millions of fans that have not heard about the game looks for it and trys it we will see more people interested. For now Just ignore these guys they have nothing better to do, like most of us who played ffxi and wasted so much time trying to group for pve or do pvp. both aspects was in the game even if these trolls did not participate. i hope they fix the pvp also.

Trolls will come and go best way to get rid of em is to just ignore them like i wil after this post.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I don't know if it's just me, but kicking the crap out of your friends in Diorama-Abdaljs Ghelsba is the best part of the game. You know, we spend our entire FFXI careers leveling and obtaining the best armor for out jobs, I don't know about you, but the first thing I want to do with it is pit it against my friends to see who will reign victorious.

That being said, I would really love to see changes to Ballista, changes that will make more players actually interested in it. What are your opinions? Since I'm really shocked it's not as popular as it should be.

*Also, I would be for a "Duel" option when you target another player, he has to accept / no exp loss.

I realy loves the big battles in middle of jugnar forest. miss them so much just wish it was more accessable so it was posible to do them with less than 6. and the quest to do them should be scrapped. also hope they make it instanced so there can be more than 1 match going and people can come and go as they please. i hated showing up 30 secs to late to sign up and having to wait 3 hours for next match.

Comment

Originally posted by Yestopvp View Post
                  Trolls will come and go best way to get rid of em is to just ignore them like i wil after this post.
                  Oh the irony.

Poster: Yes to PvP

Sock much?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                    Oh the irony.

Poster: Yes to PvP

Sock much?

Yes im new to the site. was just searching searching ffxiv pvp and this was 1 of the top links. You can start the flaming on my spelling and gramar now if you like but i am not a sock i have mo own opion that im sure you will bash anytime you get a chance,

Comment

Yes im new to the site. was just searching searching ffxiv pvp and this was 1 of the top links. You can start the flaming on my spelling and gramar now if you like but i am not a sock i have mo own opion that im sure you will bash anytime you get a chance,
                      You have to admit it does look pretty sketchy when you come in here for your first post with a handle like that, and then proceed to call all the regulars trolls. It wouldn't be unheard of for someone to create an alt account to heckle other folks about such a heated issue without risking their normal persona being dragged through the mud for being so violently contrary.

Comment

No one is trolling. This is a PUBLIC forum so you will get various comments and opinions from people in all different walks of life. Just because those opinions may differ from yours does not mean they are any less valid to those individuals. If you don't the opinions on this forum there are plenty of other forums to post on.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Seems like a lot of these internet peoples don't quite understand what a troll is. If you disagree with somebody's opinion, you're a troll. If you point out the flaws in somebody's argument, you're a troll. If they don't like you, you're a troll.

Anyways, SE attempted to portray PvP in a community-positive manner, which I really appreciate. So many developers turn it into some cut-throat competition where teammates are only teammates so long as you have nothing to gain from their misfortune.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                            Seems like a lot of these internet peoples don't quite understand what a troll is. If you disagree with somebody's opinion, you're a troll. If you point out the flaws in somebody's argument, you're a troll. If they don't like you, you're a troll.

Anyways, SE attempted to portray PvP in a community-positive manner, which I really appreciate. So many developers turn it into some cut-throat competition where teammates are only teammates so long as you have nothing to gain from their misfortune.

Ty i dont think some of these guys understand that b4 they bash others opinions.

i loved pvp in ffxi and is was always in good fun just was not enough of it. just because some people cant handle thems selfs does not meen they should be able to ruin my fun. hope they add a ingore option so i can put people i dont want to play with on it and not hear anything they say if i dont want to.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                            You have to admit it does look pretty sketchy when you come in here for your first post with a handle like that, and then proceed to call all the regulars trolls. It wouldn't be unheard of for someone to create an alt account to heckle other folks about such a heated issue without risking their normal persona being dragged through the mud for being so violently contrary.
                            Im not here to nor have i heckle you or any1 else
                            i can understand your point but belive me im not no1s sock. i may seem a lil emotional when i post but thats more so cuzz i have been shuned and silenced by people who disgree with pvp on many different ffxiv sites. This is my first time on this site and only reason im here is cuzz this is one of the links that poped up when i searched ffxi pvp. if you dont believe me i could care less my thoughts on the subject was stated. you can troll it if you like hope you get the entertainment your looking for. the more you call me a sock tho just more proof That people will troll any1 that dont share their opinion

Comment

Ty i dont think some of these guys understand that b4 they bash others opinions.

i loved pvp in ffxi and is was always in good fun just was not enough of it. just because some people cant handle thems selfs does not meen they should be able to ruin my fun. hope they add a ingore option so i can put people i dont want to play with on it and not hear anything they say if i dont want to.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Im not here to nor have i heckle you or any1 else
                              i can understand your point but belive me im not no1s sock. i may seem a lil emotional when i post but thats more so cuzz i have been shuned and silenced by people who disgree with pvp on many different ffxiv sites. This is my first time on this site and only reason im here is cuzz this is one of the links that poped up when i searched ffxi pvp. if you dont believe me i could care less my thoughts on the subject was stated. you can troll it if you like hope you get the entertainment your looking for. the more you call me a sock tho just more proof That people will troll any1 that dont share their opinion
                              like your doing? ;p

really calling some of the long time regulars here trolls, helps your "opinion" in no way what so ever.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                                like your doing? ;p

really calling some of the long time regulars here trolls, helps your "opinion" in no way what so ever.

I have only replyed to coments directed towards me and have only singled 1 person who insulted me as a troll. now if you take my opinion personal in anyway i apoogize.

Comment

Working...
                                X