Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Ahaha

    Nah, there's no way even I would equip 3 vit over 10 acc even as a turtle. But since I got Warwolf I usually equip that for the +emnity and other stats over Life Belt. Parade is another story, stacking 6 mp/tick while being a turtle is just too good for me to wear anything else.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    'Semi' would be putting it lightly, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Eww, don't tell me you wore Warrior's Belt +1 over Life Belt ; ;
    Last edited by Armando; 07-16-2008, 04:49 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    I usually use Hercules and Jeager/Rajas and macro Life belt for WS-onry while going turtle on everything else (using Parade 24/7 on the neck slot unless the fight is capped).

    Does that make me semi-lolPLDdd?

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Woodsmans don't really affect us much in party play since we could've evade a VT snail if we tried. But of course if you can wear the no-penalty variants, all the better, since it'll help while Flash is up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Karinya
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Oh, one more thing - avoid the suicide rings since you want to take some hits. Blood/Jaeger would probably be best if you want acc (substitute Ulthalam or Rajas if you have them). Blood is a Tier 1 ZNM drop and Jaeger is from Carmine Dobsonflies in Riverne (40 cap; 3-4 SMN can beat them easily with 2hr).

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Erm yes, sorry I forgot about Rajas, would bring you down to a 15-hit with a standard 240 delay PLD sword at 70+, however I don't generally assume a Rajas on PLD. You need +5 exactly to go to shave off a hit, so Rajas is required unless for some reason you're using an Askar body to TP in, which I would highly recommend against. However, Store TP on PLD is entirely moot either way since you're being hit consistently prior to 74 and having Shield Mastery procs in there doing all kinds of wacky things with your TP gain, while a normal DD doesn't take that into account for their # of swings to 100.

    I wouldn't say they're a priority, just that they're better, and I've always felt if you're going to make 200k for something you need, you may as well make 500k while you're at it before you go back to leveling.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    spamming Walls might be a bit easier if you could actually convince people to do it. Most of us that aren't high enough rank to do fun Assaults don't have friends willing to lower themselves to PSC. Or at least.. that's my issue. >_> Doesn't help that I never wanna see those fucking walls again. I got my Chiv Chain and sold it. Went back to my R.G.

    Callisto, your Store TP count tells me you chose the Tamas. Rajas would most certainly shave off at least one swing-to-100. Get yourself to a uhhh... 18 hit build.

    Potent/Chiv shouldn't be a priority unless you already have lots of gooder stuff (dusk, for instance) or you're assaulting anyway.

    Though even knowing that it'd take 5 hours straight of parsing to see a difference between Chiv and R.G., it still feels gimp wearing it. x.x

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    Justice does work in the offhand, but it does not have higher damage than Joyeuse. 34 vs 35. It can, I believe, proc on weaponskills unlike Joyeuse and the str+7 is very significant for that also. It does chew through stones like mad even dual wielded though. I think a stack of 99 lasts for about 20 minutes of continuous melee.
    While Joy does have a higher listed base D, the Justice actually has a higher effective base damage due to the STR, both from fSTR and the STR mod on Sword WS'. If you were to only use one you'd want Justice since it procs on DA, if dual-wielding you'd mainhand Joy. Justice definitely doesn't proc on WS though.


    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Fuck Chiv Chain and Potent Belt, they're really expensive equivalents of R.G. Collar and Life Belt. Only reason to have a Chiv Chain is if A) you need for another job that can't wear R.G. Collar and/or B) that Store TP +1 is the last straw needed to shave off a hit to get to 100 TP.
    PLD won't hit any Store TP point to shave off a hit with normal gear(Ecphoria/Chiv/Brutal), so that part of the Chiv Chain is irrelevant, but I have to disagree with you here. RGC + Life gains 1 Acc and 1 Attack but loses 6 STR, between RGC/Life and Chiv/Potent I'd definitely take Chiv/Potent, that's basically 2 base D for 1 Acc/1 Atk. That's worth the gil, Chiv/Potent really aren't that expensive anymore, and it's like 10 Assault runs for each piece.

    Of course I'm me so I'm obliged to go with PCC or GTFO.



    j/k, actually I may be changing to Chiv for PLD as I'm comfortable with my Acc at the moment w/ the full sword merits and 4-5 levels of mobs I can use Sushi on.

    Leave a comment:


  • LyonheartLakshmi
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    I'm sorry, but Chiv chain is ridiculously easy to get if you have at least 3 friends.
    If Chiv Chain is ridiculously easy to get, what does that make RG Collar? Extremely ridiculously stupidly easy to get? It just takes a few days of camping the AH.

    If you really want to farm assault points, you could obtain the C Chain, sell it, buy RG Collar, and still have plenty of gil left. I believe that was the point Armando was trying to get across.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Fuck Chiv Chain and Potent Belt, they're really expensive equivalents of R.G. Collar and Life Belt. Only reason to have a Chiv Chain is if A) you need for another job that can't wear R.G. Collar and/or B) that Store TP +1 is the last straw needed to shave off a hit to get to 100 TP.
    I'm sorry, but Chiv chain is ridiculously easy to get if you have at least 3 friends. It just takes a few days, but doing nothing but Excavation duty with 4 people, as long as you have at least two Blm, Rdm and or Sch with two heavy/fast DDs is retardly simple to the point I can literally win while being half asleep. Same thing with the Potent Belt as you can win Leajoum Cleansing with pretty much the same exact setup.

    Not saying they're better mind you, just saying they're not hard or expensive to get. I personally prefer the Chiv chain for the simple fact that it can be used on all jobs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Fuck Chiv Chain and Potent Belt, they're really expensive equivalents of R.G. Collar and Life Belt. Only reason to have a Chiv Chain is if A) you need for another job that can't wear R.G. Collar and/or B) that Store TP +1 is the last straw needed to shave off a hit to get to 100 TP.

    Also, Lmnop is correct about Justice Sword and Vorpal Blade, and Karinya is right about Amir. I don't like Amir because the AP cost makes it as expensive as Dusk, but ideally you would get both, TP'ing in the Dusk and WS'ing in Amir if you can't get Aurum.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    WS
    Not so sure I'd be taking of Lifebelt/acc rings for Vorpal Blade. Even with sword merits.

    Also, as far as I know, Justice Sword Double Attack does not activate on Weapon Skill (same as Joyeuse). The big difference between it and Joyeuse is that the extra attacks can activate the job trait version of double attack. Whereas Joyeuse kinda overpowers it and halves potency of your Brutal or your /war.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ziero
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Originally posted by Karinya View Post
    P.S. Why don't you list Justice as an offhand? Does it not proc or something? It seems to me that Organics/Justice would be even better than the setups you list (since Justice has higher damage than Joyeuse and +7 STR too). Of course you'd need stones, which is kind of a pain for merit. But considering your idea of "not going too crazy" includes PCC, swift belt and multiple dusk pieces, I don't think you're too concerned about the inconvenience of getting the setup together.
    Swift and especially Dusk aren't hard to get at all, especially now with Dusk items at an all time low. And all you need for Swift is a pop item and six friends up to the Sacrarium, not too hard to do at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Rumor: Paladin Broken Vitality at 75?

    Justice does work in the offhand, but it does not have higher damage than Joyeuse. 34 vs 35. It can, I believe, proc on weaponskills unlike Joyeuse and the str+7 is very significant for that also. It does chew through stones like mad even dual wielded though. I think a stack of 99 lasts for about 20 minutes of continuous melee.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X