How do you make your gil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make your gil?

Simply put, what are your methods? You don't have to be specific (like I don't expect you to give away your secrets) but just wondering in general how people make gil.

Poll coming, wait for it.
    BCNM/KSNM/ISNM
    10.71%
    HELM (Harvesting, Excavating, Logging, Mining)
    6.87%
    Crafting
    14.01%
    Farming (Killing mobs, selling their drops)
    29.95%
    Mercenary Work (D2, Tele, PL, Quest/NM help)
    4.67%
    NM/HNM Camping (Including LS gil payouts from said camping)
    4.95%
    Playing the AH market (Buy low, sell high)
    6.32%
    Fishing
    9.89%
    Other
    12.64%
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: How do you make your gil?

Pretty much all of them. Except the mercenary thing. I never charge others for my help, and almost never pay others for theirs.

Comment

I duo Apollyon NW and make around 400k per week off that.

Also do Brothers ENM duo and possibly get an additional 400k, so 800k per week if I'm lucky.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Dynamis and NMs

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Honestly, back when I played, I had done a lot of crap to get money, then I just coasted for about a year. I still hadn't run out when I quit, although money was always tight, I pretty much just went with the flow and made money on the way.

Comment

I make most of mine from BCNMs/KSNMs, but it sucks because I haven't been able to get any parties lately, even to a manaburn, and soloing is so damn slow...
            Originally posted by Ellipses
            Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
            Originally posted by MCLV
            A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
            More Sig:

Comment

Sabertooth Tiger - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia wiki

I'd say that accounts for about half of the money I've ever made. I'm almost as bad for the economy as gilsellers. :p

Comment

Crafting...no doubt about it. When things aren't selling, and if I'm low on money, I tele-whore. I have to admit that it's been quiet some time since I've done that steadily though. I've gathered too many beasty seals since taking on BST so I'll have to do some BCNM's and see how that turns out.

While I don't make obscene amounts of money, I generally make enough to keep buying sushi....

Comment

Battlefields and playing the AH/Consumer Markets are a profitmaker for me. It's fairly steady, and my costs are rather minimal due to the extensive overlap in gear and needs of my jobs.

The occasional bit of Fishing also rakes in a steady profit over time as well.

Comment

I'm surprised Gardening wasn't listed as an option.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Didn't the bottom fall out under the Gardening market (outside elemental ores) a while back? I know I've heard that SE kinda ninja'd the success rates on that, and the gardeners amongst my friends certainly were spitting out plenty of obscenities after they got a hold of their new results. From what I was seeing on the AHs during my rounds at the time, it would seem to support that.

Did they fix it to where it was worth something again?

Comment

I farm supplies and craft them into more condensed packages for sale.
                        FFXIV Balmung Server
                        Tenro Matashi
                        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

pretty much anything you can think of. I try to do things that acheive mulitpul results. Farming seeds, meats and skins then crafting the Items I get to raise my craft level. and sell the end results. The only constant thing you can find on AH by me would be vegtable seeds, Whiskers, Onions and Raptor skins even thought the drop rate is discussting on them.
                          I havent had a large supply of Bseals for quite something untill I started trying to get my bluemages' spells. the constant fold of crystals and occational Bseal drop keep me in bussniess.

Comment

Mercenary work? I guess that's technically correct. I always preferred to think of myself as a cheap, shameless tele-whore. Looking forward to getting that income source back.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

I'm able to make steady gil from gardening, however as I've restarted and my highest character is lv30 there's no real option to obtain gil from BCNM and higher fights. Mob drops are therefore not truly an option and anything that used to be saleable such as Emp Pin and Leaping Boots are now converted to Rare/Ex making that a no-no.
                              Couple of mules and ten pots per, 20 seeds and 20 crystals per week makes enough to scrape by. That said I have quested NIN :ichi scrolls (Ustusemi, Kuryami and Tonko) as I'm not interested in NIN just yet, but, whilst they're on the AH, there's every possibility I will live to regret selling them in the future >_<

Comment

Working...
                              X