Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you make your gil?

I was able to do the same as marq.

Elemental Ores actually weren't profitable for me -- I found that gardening crystals tuned a more consistent profit in a quicker time period (less than a week for crystals, a month for ores). The price of crystals has dropped, no doubt, but not enough to make it a loss yet.
    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
    90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
    52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

I do a lil combo i solo fire in the sky BCNM and fish till i can do the BCNM again. Been able to pull out a few woodsman rings...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
        Didn't the bottom fall out under the Gardening market (outside elemental ores) a while back? I know I've heard that SE kinda ninja'd the success rates on that, and the gardeners amongst my friends certainly were spitting out plenty of obscenities after they got a hold of their new results. From what I was seeing on the AHs during my rounds at the time, it would seem to support that.

Did they fix it to where it was worth something again?
        Uh yeah... gardening totally sucks now... move along people, nothing to see here folks >.>
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Recently BCNMs/KSNMs and before I would farm armor. I use to farm armor in MIddle Delkfut(sp?) tower (the level 24-30 armor) off the goblins. Now for some reason the drop rate went to nearly zero. I was in there for 5 hours and nothing but things for clothcrafting dropped. I still needed chainmail gloves for my level 26 PLD ; ;

Side Note:
          Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
          I make most of mine from BCNMs/KSNMs, but it sucks because I haven't been able to get any parties lately, even to a manaburn, and soloing is so damn slow...
          Why solo when you can Campaign? That can generate a large amount of exp and it is more fun than soloing. BTW look at the items for Bastok in the medal class, I sooo want that mace for my BLM. I only made it to Bronze 1 and only 3 more weeks to go.../sigh
          Last edited by Losrase; 02-01-2008, 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling >.>
          PSN ID: Kelshan
          Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
          Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
          sigpic

Comment

I hijack other accounts and sell all their good gear.

Why solo when you can Campaign?
            More EXP/hr? Beastmen/Kindred seal drops?
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Although the past month or two I've upped my game a little and started soloing Zipacna/SteamCleaner for gil, I still stick to my standard farming in between. I do Sanctuary of Zi'Tah near the B. Tree zone, doing Goobbues during the day for the standard moss/cuttings, then when Lesser Gaylas start popping I kill them for Beast Blood. Each one drops 1-2 bloods, and the bloods npc for about 7k/stack, not huge money but it can add up relatively quickly and you don't need to wait on AH sales.
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

pray that I win lots on 100's in dynamis

also assaults
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Farming.

I farm 5hrs every day so that gives me 100k daylly... i need to lvl my THF some more so i can farm better things :p

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                    I hijack other accounts and sell all their good gear.

More EXP/hr? Beastmen/Kindred seal drops?
                    Beastmen/Kindred seal drops I can see but I dont think you read his post. Here it is with a little bolding.

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
                    I make most of mine from BCNMs/KSNMs, but it sucks because I haven't been able to get any parties lately, even to a manaburn, and soloing is so damn slow...
                    I am currenly getting about 4-5k an hour without having to worry about exp loss(dying) and very little down time (after a campaign, get a NPC warp to town, goto your moogle house then NPC warp to the next campaign in a different zone). I just fine a zone that has resouces and get a reraise for a fast recovery time. I keep my distance from certain NMs (for example, SoftStep) and only run in when to enfeeble/range/magic damage. If you keep track of what you do when you reach a cap then goto the Arbitor and get an accessment. Get new tags again and start everything all over again.
                    PSN ID: Kelshan
                    Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                    Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                    sigpic

Comment

When I'm not getting a gil payout from the LS bank..

- Merit Parties: you can make a bunch of money NPCing the drops in ToAU areas. Colibri Feathers and Beaks are my favorites, and wind crystals always sell decent even if they're cheap.
                      - Synth stuff from events: ABCs from Limbus, Necropsyche from Dyna-Xarc, garbage drops from Assaults and Einherjar. It all sells or NPCs for a decent amount.
                      - AH trading: That one really is a great method. I recently found one that nets me 5k each time I get a sale. And the best part is I never touch the Jeuno/Whitegate AH.

Speaking of Jeuno/Whitegate, unless you have an item that sells quickly and at a high price, send it to a mule. Especially low-end stack stuff like crystals. HQ food you should sell in Jeuno, or if you wanna be bold park yourself in Selbina for the night.

Oh yea.. and on my new character I pretty much farm everything and do quests, and Scootch has been alive for about 4 days total and I've already managed to farm and quest my way to a net worth of 40k gil.
                      Last edited by Olorin401; 02-01-2008, 11:30 AM.
                      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
                      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
                      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

*cough* And I'm still waiting for someone to let me know about the possibility of a Thursday night KSNM group. >.>
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Mostly make my money from Crafting arrows and Fishing.
                          ToAU M8 - Completed
                          Assault LV1 2/5
                          Lv75 SMN, Lv75 WHM Lv66 BST
                          Lu Shang Acquired 28/08/04
                          ----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
                            I am currenly getting about 4-5k an hour without having to worry about exp loss(dying) and very little down time (after a campaign, get a NPC warp to town, goto your moogle house then NPC warp to the next campaign in a different zone). I just fine a zone that has resouces and get a reraise for a fast recovery time. I keep my distance from certain NMs (for example, SoftStep) and only run in when to enfeeble/range/magic damage. If you keep track of what you do when you reach a cap then goto the Arbitor and get an accessment. Get new tags again and start everything all over again.
                            Except you totally gyp yourself of any and all skillups, which tend to be pretty important if you're playing a job that doesn't have capped skills. Also, Campaign might be fun, but it's just not practical to sit there and grind out 30-40k exp making 2-3k/hr; I know because I went from level 71-72 on almost entirely Campaign. Kinda got burned out on that.

Sorry for the derail.

on topic: what the others said. Farm and fight and etc etc.

Also sell imperial currency.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                            ------
                            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I'm surprised how many people still use farming as a regular method of making gil, I had thought the farming market dried up. I really wondered what kinds of things people do, it's kind of fascinating to see. I've been really in a tight gil slump lately so I was posting this just as a means of seeing what it is people do, and it seems a lot of you do the same things as I do, which is get what you can out of whatever.

I still make some money off the tele-whoring market, but with the RMT tele-whores it's much more difficult to out- '/pcmd add' them so I rarely bother.
                              sigpic
                              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
                                I am currenly getting about 4-5k an hour
                                When I'm on BLM soloing feels slow, but campaign is glacial in comparison. Campaign is nice when solo camps are already taken by the time I log on.

I'm surprised how many people still use farming as a regular method of making gil
                                Someone has to farm up all those items crafters use.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X