How do you make your gil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you make your gil?

There's not so much a "market" for what I usually farm as there is a "guy by the outpost who buys blood for stupid amounts."

All my old standards still sell pretty well. But farming is what I do because I just haven't felt like finding any other way to make gil.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Alchemy 103

sometimes I get a little lucky on the **nm drops but not ussually. Besides that, I make it all in alchemy.
      Apothecary Owner
      Mithra
      BLM 75
      RDM 75

Comment

I used to do Crustacean Conundrum with two close friends on a regular basis, but mannequin parts just aren't the money-makers they used to be on Midgard. We're now wondering what other BCNM we could do. Die by the Sword is simple enough, but doesn't have any guaranteed money drops...

I haven't really actively telewhored for a while, but I have noticed that the shouts have declined as SE has introduced new ways of getting around. I do personally get the sense that telewhoring disturbed SE and that's the real reason why CoP and ToAU had rings instead of teleport spells; maybe they're used to the idea by now and that's why they're thinking about adding some. -- Pteryx

Comment

All the options with the exception of NM/HNM crap and merc work. So I didn't vote.

Need "All of the above" and "Most of the above" options added to the poll.

Edit >
          Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
          I hijack other accounts and sell all their good gear.

Now this is how you make the big bucks.
          Last edited by Raydeus; 02-01-2008, 03:08 PM.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Well it is a multiple choice poll Raydeus, and I made it that way for a reason.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

That's like 5 or 6 clicks. >_<

Too much work for me, sorry.
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Gil has never been a problem in this game for me. I pretty much do everything on the list besides Mercenary Work.

Though I do wish early on in the game I had a bazaar char on 24/7, but I am way to cheap to do that.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                  I'm surprised how many people still use farming as a regular method of making gil, I had thought the farming market dried up. I really wondered what kinds of things people do, it's kind of fascinating to see. I've been really in a tight gil slump lately so I was posting this just as a means of seeing what it is people do, and it seems a lot of you do the same things as I do, which is get what you can out of whatever.

How much gill are you looking to make. I have found that my way of making gill ivolves a combo of questing for scrolls(at least until I do them all) and farming scrolls from lvl 20-30 gobs(get scroll of sneak or tractor from the skeles in qufim). other than that crystal farming from elementals is a guarenteed way of making at least 1k-3k per kill(get 1-3 stacks per kill). I have also found that many of the high value drops from pre lvl 50 mobs are not selling for crap lately.

I'm surprised no-one listed auctioning(sp) imperal gold coins from imperal standing points and conquest gear(although unless you are higher lvl or at least rank 5-6 doing this is spotty at best)
                  u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

I sell my mithra sex.
                    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Farming, gardening and the occasional BCNM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't like charging for teleports but people almost always insist. As for quest and mission help, I never charge, whether it be in gil, items or favors.

Nowadays I make money by fighting avatars every now and then. If you do six in one day you can make 60k gil off of them given you choose the gil reward.

Also, if you compare the AH sell price to NPC vending, you can make more money by vending sometimes, even if it's only 100 extra gil. Plus, it's instant cash, yay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                          Someone has to farm up all those items crafters use.
                          Farmers like myself in Giddeus. I end up averaging 85K in profits from that place after each run, including Harvesting. Too bad I haven't gotten that 100K Bonus from Hoo Mjuu the Torrent yet.

As for mining, I had a habit of Mining in Yughott Grotto after the Electrum Ingot was placed in. Gold Ores tend to come in quite decently there, with my brand new Worker's Gloves. Raked me in a good amount of money while it was still new, and there will always be a profit from it if it's a Quest Item. I'm thinking of bordering onto Smithing so I can make good use of the Iron Ores filling my inventory.

BCNMs: Seems like everyone's been wanting to do UO, even if it's the most desperate of level 40 BCNMs to do for money (and I say that because I haven't gotten much luck out of that one). I've been meaning to do a BCNM for a while, though.
                          Last edited by Electricity Gone Human; 02-02-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

List most people say a bit of everything but also in a real slump gil wise. Telewhoring for most of my gil at the moment because HELM is a bit dead and I can watch for shouts and run out of the easy profit levels in almost all the crafts.

I don't camp NMs because generally you can't farm or helm while you are waiting for them to pop so unless you are lucky it can be a huge waste of time. I hate farming without something else to do at the same time because it's too slow on whm, watching other jobs only a few levels higher than you kill the mobs 4 times as fast as you are is depressing. Playing the AH I don't really have a big enough lump sum to do that much yet.

I've been trying to answer shouts for bcnm/ksnm/isnm/assault but so far no luck. Everyone wants rdm instead or the group has been started by a whm. Been in a Dynamis shell for a few weeks now who pay their members so hopefully that will give me a nice supplementary income.

Weirdly I am actually making fairly respectable money helping friends out just on the randomly sorted items or the money items that helpers lot on. I probably got about 30k for helping my friend get his assault jerkin in hides and meat from autosorted drops and 50k for an hours worth of O-hat runs because I was lucky with the lots.
                            sigpic
                            Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Farming ftw
                              | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                              2/5 WAR +2
                              Farsha(85)

Comment

I live off of BCNM money. BCNM money paid for my Haubergeon, Woodsman Rings, Assault Earring, and the scroll of Utsusemi: Ni I'll purchase in a few levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X