character names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: character names

I do not think my name is used because I think its a pretty ridiculous name. I was just really ready to play at the time and that was the first thing I saw on my desk.
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

One man's ridiculous is another man's...not ridiculous?

Ok, so I'm not much of one for coining sayings. Anyway, have you SEEN some of the names in this game? Skoal is pretty conservative in comparison. :p

Comment

Always remember a friend in EQ who had his name changed by a GM. In that game if a senior GM changed your name then it was pretty much fixed for all eternity regardless of subsequent objections because the senior GM had sanctioned it. His old name that was deemed abusive was Godsux, the senior GM allowed him to change it to Elffister...

Comment

I think that old boy Arvie had his name changed on rag because of abuse? Or he may have just bought a new char.
          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
          Woodworking 91.9+2
          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal
            I do not think my name is used because I think its a pretty ridiculous name. I was just really ready to play at the time and that was the first thing I saw on my desk.
            Skoal vodka? I have some of that on my desk too. >.>
            sigpic

Comment

I think he means smokeless tobacco. One of his mule is "Copenhagen" as well.

Comment

Probably. I should start paying more attention to things.
                sigpic

Comment

There is a Skoal Vodka? What country is it made in?
                  Thanks Kazuki.
                  Dragoon Equipment

Comment

It's Swedish, I think. Doesn't say on my bottle. D:
                    sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of some names - as I haven't started yet because im still waiting for my copy to arrive. It really sucks to be a gamer in Australia. And uni starts again tomorrow
                      well anyways i first took a likeing to Shinokyoufu which anyone who has played .hack//GU well get that reference but quickly realised that it would be lame and unoriginal to use that.
                      Anyway other names i have thought of are, Zakkaras, Amneamis (kinda seems like a girl characters name and i intend to play a male char, so maybe Amneamius or some variation. inspiration for that comes from micro organisms so i don't think it should similar to any common choices) and lastly Abishinan.
                      Anyways mind if i ask for your opinions? I don't know what race i will go yet though and I do like the name to be a logical fit for the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatex
                        I was thinking of some names - as I haven't started yet because im still waiting for my copy to arrive. It really sucks to be a gamer in Australia. And uni starts again tomorrow
                        well anyways i first took a likeing to Shinokyoufu which anyone who has played .hack//GU well get that reference but quickly realised that it would be lame and unoriginal to use that.
                        Anyway other names i have thought of are, Zakkaras, Amneamis (kinda seems like a girl characters name and i intend to play a male char, so maybe Amneamius or some variation. inspiration for that comes from micro organisms so i don't think it should similar to any common choices) and lastly Abishinan.
                        Anyways mind if i ask for your opinions? I don't know what race i will go yet though and I do like the name to be a logical fit for the character.
                        I like Zakkaras the best out of that list.

I named my character Meredy, and only one person has recognized where it came from(Tales of Destiny II/Tales of Eternia). Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
                        Meredy
                        70SMN/60COR/41WHM/46BLM/30RNG/12BLU

Comment

I somewhat regret naming my red mage "Hamlet" (which I use for just about everything I do on the net, either Hamlet or a variation of it). The problem is, almost inveriably, people shorten it to "Ham". I'M NOT A MEAT DISH! It's unstoppable, but I'm always being called "Ham", even just on message boards people are too lazy to type the "let".

The point? Be aware of what your name will look like shortened, because if it's over 3 letters long, people will shorten it when talking to or about you.

Comment

My new ones 3 letters long and is used to express anger I think, they cant shorten it but ppl say it in ls all the time when they are annoyed and Im always like "yuhuh?"
                            75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                            Woodworking 91.9+2
                            ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Working...
                            X