Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: character names

Originally posted by Kirsteena
    Ah the "omg my cat walked over my keyboard" names...

Actually we have a few players with names like that one our server that are legit...
    Nothing says "I decided to level my mule one day" like adventuring with someone named Vbghod.

Fun fact about this post! I totally used my fist to make that name. I just lightly punched the keyboard twice.

And honestly, it's not that unlikely a name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
      I just would not expect the WoW player base to have the mental fortitude to spell real words correctly. Bah dum psssh.
      Really, all these shots at WoW are becoming laughable. Or are you implying almost 7 million people are all stupid? There may seem to be more idiots but try to remember there are plenty of posts on these forums concerning player stupidity in FFXI and you have only 7.35% of WoW's subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard
        Really, all these shots at WoW are becoming laughable. Or are you implying almost 7 million people are all stupid? There may seem to be more idiots but try to remember there are plenty of posts on these forums concerning player stupidity in FFXI and you have only 7.35% of WoW's subscribers.
        I don't really think WoW players are stupid. If they were, I would have qualified as stupid for the first six months after launch. 'Twere a joke, and more directed at the attitude that WoW players are stupid than at WoW players, though I can see how that'd be hard to pick up.

I'll bet there really are 7 million stupid people out there, though. But it's highly unlikely they all play WoW, or any other single online game.
        Last edited by Ellipses; 07-11-2006, 05:41 AM. Reason: I say "though" too much.
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

I'm willing to bet a significant chunk do play Guild Wars though.

Snap? I've never been very good at snapping so it's hard to tell.

Comment

Yea harhar.
            75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
            Woodworking 91.9+2
            ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Wen naming myself, I decided to take the "unoriginal, yet obscure" route. My first character (a Tarutaru RDM on by brother's account) was Claimhsolais, which is the "ultimate weapon" in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. I later did the same with Kholdstare, the boss of the Ice Palace in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I used to get comments on it, but not as much anymore.

Of course, I also had names like Unicron (the transformer, not a typo of Unicorn) and Gospel swimming around in my head. >.>;

Comment

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031010h.gif

I've seen a Jim running around Kujata, has several lvl75 jobs with partial or full Relic gear.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer
                  If you're still planning on joining me on Diabolos, Garnette is already taken.

I like Cordelia (from Angel), and Kairi!
                  Cordelia was my favorite character on Angel, but I kinda liked her better when she was the popular bitch on Buffy. Haha...I think Kairi's probably taken though. Maybe I'll just go random.
                  I don't really know how to put this, but
                  I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.

Comment

I highly doubt anyone has my name on any other servers. I named my mules Erdrick, Copenhagen and Unclerico. Every time I get something in my delivery box from Uncle rico, it makes me laugh.
                    Thanks Kazuki.
                    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal
                      Every time I get something in my delivery box from Uncle rico, it makes me laugh.
                      Whatever it is, I bet he threw it over a mountain to get it there...

A friend of mine tried to get me to play WoW with him (I lasted almost a week) where I made a Tauren Druid...
                      For a name I got out my "Atlas of Native American Tribes" and pulled Beowawe (Bay-oh-wah-way) out of the glossary. I don't remember what it meant. Anyway, he took over the character and he still uses him. He's joining me in FFXI this week and he said he would probably use Beowawe again. Kind of a random name, but that method worked for him.

Hantz is the way my last name was spelled pre-1900. I use that so I can identify with, but feel different from, my character.

My brother used Runetooth to name his Elvaan. It came from a bizarre dream he had where that's what he was called. We've come to find out it's a sword or something in some game we've never heard of.

Well, there's 3 different methods that have worked for me and my chums at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                        Your expectations aren't without some justification. Barrens General Chat nearly broke my spirit several times.
                        Meh, that's actually just a long running joke that amazingly every server seems to keep going. If you go to any other newbie zone in the game you won't see anything near as bad. Why? It's because people like to keep the joke going because if it is really just a dumb community as some seem to imply, then why wouldn't you see it in other areas of the game?

I personally hate fan names. It's why FF7 referenced names are so looked down upon. I usually look at my character and throw around name sounds until I come up with something that I think fits. My current character's name is Charr. While I will admit that the name probably came to mind thanks go Gundam (it's where I heard the name, not why I chose it), I had to add an extra "r" and inadvertly referenced Guild Wars. I've already had two people ask me if I play GW. -.-

It's funny, my brother always asks me to name his characters. He likes to stress out about it and takes forever sitting at the naming screen, often choosing some pre-made name.
                        Last edited by lufia22; 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM.
                        ---

Comment

Originally posted by lufia22
                          Meh, that's actually just a long running joke that amazingly every server seems to keep going. If you go to any other newbie zone in the game you won't see anything near as bad. Why? It's because people like to keep the joke going because if it is really just a dumb community as some seem to imply, then why wouldn't you see it in other areas of the game?

I personally hate fan names. It's why FF7 referenced names are so looked down upon. I usually look at my character and throw around name sounds until I come up with something that I think fits. My current character's name is Charr. While I will admit that the name probably came to mind thanks go Gundam (it's where I heard the name, not why I chose it), I had to add an extra "r" and inadvertly referenced Guild Wars. I've already had two people ask me if I play GW. -.-

It's funny, my brother always asks me to name his characters. He likes to stress out about it and takes forever sitting at the naming screen, often choosing some pre-made name.
                          lol funny cuz everyone seems to think I named myself after Aeris but truth be told I was reading the stock reports one morning and found Arris some stock in NC I think. Thought it looked cool so I picked Arris.
                          → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                          ∧____∧
                          (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

It was just as bad in the other newbie starting areas. I just didn't feel like listing them all. I have a very low tolerance for stupid chat. So what I see as stupid chat isn't necessarily what others see as stupid chat.

I played WoW for a long time. I don't hate it, and I'm not bashing it. I am, however, saying that the kind of players that really thrive in that kind of game aren't my kind of players.

Comment

I just pick the name I normally use as names for my internet avatars and it's suppost to be spelt like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal
                                I highly doubt anyone has my name on any other servers. I named my mules Erdrick, Copenhagen and Unclerico. Every time I get something in my delivery box from Uncle rico, it makes me laugh.
                                Erdrick, huh? Did that happen to come from Dragon Warrior? The only one I know is the first one, for NES, but I remember Erdrick was this badass warrior that you are supposed to emulate.

Just curious.
                                sigpic
                                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X