What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

off the topic i had a rdm trying to dispel diamondhide lold irl so hard.
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
      I wish I got tells telling me not to refresh :p
      Crawler uses Cocoon
      I dispel
      Crawler uses Cocoon
      I'm waiting for recast timer...
      **snip**
      /p {/slap} Crawler .... grrr
      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
        Can we say hypocrite?

this is just WRONG !
        Not all those who wonder, are lost !

Comment

The only exception to the whole debuff thing was when I first got the spell (dispel), I missed quite a bit and said outright, if I miss it for more than 10 secs or so say so. Of course I didnt mid then but now its is really annoying.

Dont see me doing /p Rampage please :p

Comment

EXTREME price jackers. (AKA "Fucking assholes") and pardon my language but I'm so irritated right now.

Enfeebling torque was at 1 mil for a while on Hades. At that time, I had about 955,000 gil and I figured I'd make it in the next few days. That next day, it went up to 1.3 mil.

It stayed there for at least three weeks, if not longer. I have'nt really kept track, but that damn torque has been worth 1.3 mil for so long that it looked like it would never go up.

I was at 1.27 mil two days ago, when some "F.A" decided that the correct price was 1.8 mil. 1.8 mil? THAT IS A 500,000 GIL FRIGGING INCREASE! >.<

I made my 1.3 mil just a few moments ago, and hoped upon hope that some kind soul who put the torque up (as there were 2 at the AH) might have figured that they would be kind enough and that 1.3 mil - which was the price for the longest time - would be sufficient profit off their BCNM item anyway.

But no, I was unable to buy the enfeebling torque for 1.3 mil. So, if any of you are reading this, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE for jacking up the price on an item that was HOLDING STEADY at one price by 500K. Burn in hell.

I'm so angry I /shutdown the game and I'm not sure I want to play anymore for a while.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
              EXTREME price jackers. (AKA "Fucking assholes") and pardon my language but I'm so irritated right now.

Enfeebling torque was at 1 mil for a while on Hades. At that time, I had about 955,000 gil and I figured I'd make it in the next few days. That next day, it went up to 1.3 mil.

It stayed there for at least three weeks, if not longer. I have'nt really kept track, but that damn torque has been worth 1.3 mil for so long that it looked like it would never go up.

I was at 1.27 mil two days ago, when some "F.A" decided that the correct price was 1.8 mil. 1.8 mil? THAT IS A 500,000 GIL FRIGGING INCREASE! >.<

I made my 1.3 mil just a few moments ago, and hoped upon hope that some kind soul who put the torque up (as there were 2 at the AH) might have figured that they would be kind enough and that 1.3 mil - which was the price for the longest time - would be sufficient profit off their BCNM item anyway.

But no, I was unable to buy the enfeebling torque for 1.3 mil. So, if any of you are reading this, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE for jacking up the price on an item that was HOLDING STEADY at one price by 500K. Burn in hell.

I'm so angry I /shutdown the game and I'm not sure I want to play anymore for a while.
              /gives Aksannyi some chill pills
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                /comfort

I know your pain.

Comment

Pet peeve as of last night: "I'm only leveling white mage for teles," or "I'm only leveling {xxx} job for a sub," but put much less effort into the job than their mains. Example:

Leveling my war (36 atm) for a sub for my pld in a party in the CN fighting crawlers. As we all know, crawlers spam defense buff and slow-ness for all. The nin couldn't hold hate for crap, so I was basically tanking, which is what I do best anyway, but still. So, crawler spams its slow-incuding ability (forget what it's called), and after a few mins of still being Slowed, I politely say, "Can I get an erase please?"

Whm > "I don't have it."
                  Me > "Why? >.>"
                  Whm > "I was only going to take whm to 30."
                  Me > "And you're 37 now."
                  Whm > "I'm just after 38 for teles."
                  Me > "And i'm only after 37 for a sub for my main, but I still put some effort into my job..."

Basically the whm stopped talking, the party was lame, and I ended up D/Cing from internet issues.

It just burns my chops that I can drop ~200k on leveling war from 30 to 37, abut the whm can't drop, what, 40k for erase.... Ugh.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                  ------
                  Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                  When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Aks, that's the nature of a free economy.

The real people guilty aren't the people who post their items at high prices, it's the ones that pay them.

if nobody buys them, then they lose gil. if people do buy them, then it's a fair price.

Comment

There is this one guy on my server. He admitted to buying is account. Because 90% of the server knew the guy who played under the name first. Well shortly after buying the char, He got in with a well established shell. Some time later started getting more an more elite type gear, An then started to go on websites an posting about how he had such an such gear, An used to rub it into so an so's face..

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

That's the fault of the well established shell who let the guy in then.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                          That's the fault of the well established shell who let the guy in then.
                          Probably, Then again if they didnt nab him the competitor ls's would have. The end result would have still been the same.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

So then the competitor LS would have been the one to suffer. Why on earth are people falling all over themselves to recruit a bought character? That doesn't make a bit of sense.

Comment

Little irritation that's been bugging me...

Random line breaks while fishing.

I mean, if I have a 'bad' or a 'terrible' feeling about a fish, or three exclamation marks, I kind of EXPECT I might get a line break. It's part of the way fishing is set up.

But when I have some ridiculously easy fish on the line like say, cobalt jellyfish, bastiore sardine, cone calamary...and I get it all the way down, doesn't take long, and hit enter...and my fishing line breaks.

I'm always left with a feeling of "what the hell was that!?"

Granted, I use cheap-arse readily-available lures (Minnow 4tw!) but it's still quite annoying when I lose one to a stupid line break that comes totally out of the blue.

This has been happening to me more often on the ferry than it used to, and I kind of hope it's not some new anti-gilseller adjustment.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                              If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                              *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

Originally posted by Irisjir Callard View Post
                                Little irritation that's been bugging me...

Random line breaks while fishing.

I mean, if I have a 'bad' or a 'terrible' feeling about a fish, or three exclamation marks, I kind of EXPECT I might get a line break. It's part of the way fishing is set up.

But when I have some ridiculously easy fish on the line like say, cobalt jellyfish, bastiore sardine, cone calamary...and I get it all the way down, doesn't take long, and hit enter...and my fishing line breaks.

I'm always left with a feeling of "what the hell was that!?"

Granted, I use cheap-arse readily-available lures (Minnow 4tw!) but it's still quite annoying when I lose one to a stupid line break that comes totally out of the blue.

This has been happening to me more often on the ferry than it used to, and I kind of hope it's not some new anti-gilseller adjustment.
                                Use a different rod. Better rods decreace both line breaks and rod breaks. Bait has nothing to do with it, but minnows are sucky lures anyway.

EDIT: I also may add that even though I posted one peeve a while back about 1337 $P3@|<, this really pissed me off the other day. Of course, it was in d00njz while I was leveling MNK to sub for my WAR to sub for my SAM. A sub's sub. Hehe. Anyway...

N00B>> Camp at the beach, good EXP there.
                                THF(went to scout camps) Umm... 4 parties at beach... oasis is empty, why not go there?
                                N00B>> I am a lv 32 BLM, I know what I'm doing!
                                Me>> I am a lv 70 BLM, whats your point?
                                N00B>> Well real skill isn't determined by levels, it's determined by CoP progress.
                                N00B>> I'm more skilled then you because CoP was really easy for me.
                                N00B>>I beat the first two promyvions.
                                Party>>...
                                Last edited by Onionsoilder; 03-31-2007, 09:12 PM.
                                Originally posted by Ellipses
                                Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                                Originally posted by MCLV
                                A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                                More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                                X