• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
    Today's pet peeve:

/rant

Mana inefficient WHMs... again!

I totally agree, but as a WHM there are times where the party just doesn't let be effiecent. Some DD wants to opens a fight with a 2k weaponskill, or the Kraken Club dark with soul eater wants to show off. Or the pld that only uses his mp for flash.

But I agree that there are a number of whms that don't manage mp very well. And I do so love my clear mind traits, now if there was a way to convince the galka mnk with 1800 hp that he did not need to interuppt my clearmind for poisona we would be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Necropolis View Post
      But I agree that there are a number of whms that don't manage mp very well. And I do so love my clear mind traits, now if there was a way to convince the galka mnk with 1800 hp that he did not need to interuppt my clearmind for poisona we would be set.
      "If you are in the orange, I'll get up and poisona you".

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Seriously. You just have to put your foot down on that stuff some time. Unless you are going to die in the time that it takes for me to regain a bit of MP, then shut it.

And guess what? You're not going to die. Because if you were, I wouldn't have taken a knee in the first place.

Man. Sometimes I miss my WHM, and sometimes I don't.

Comment

Oi, I had a whm that just scared me half the time in a party the other day. He seriously did what some of Burningpanther's rant was. I mean, he only uses Cure V and Curaga III. No regens, no hastes. rests at 900 mp (taru with 1k...)
          And I had to SHOW him HOW to get to mamoo ja staging point, seriously... he only had nyzle isle and the imp controlling side of mire's....
          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I totally agree, but as a WHM there are times where the party just doesn't let be effiecent. Some DD wants to opens a fight with a 2k weaponskill, or the Kraken Club dark with soul eater wants to show off. Or the pld that only uses his mp for flash.
            Lemme tell ya, this was NOT the case. The only time anyone ever came close to being critical was with the paperNIN lost his shadows and got nailed by the occasional TP move, or if the paperWAR pulled too much hate(without shadows) and did the same. And THIS often happened because the WHM's MP was spent from overcuring and he finally took a knee... at 15% MP. Now, the melees weren't that bright either, but I'll post that pet peeve later. I will point out they were efficient killers, and almost never dropped below 50%, yet every time this putz saw them lose 100 HP, he'd rush to Cure 3 or 4! Who the fuck does that? Toss 'em a Regen 3 and be on be on to the next case!

Granted, the party wasn't bad. I got two merits in the space of an hour and 45 minutes. But that was only due to the melees impressive damage, which only carried so far because of the scrapes I managed to get them out of(again, that's a peeve for later). While the merits were fast and I probably shouldn't be complaining, it's just the act of partying with mostly unintelligent players that somehow assaults my senses. I put up with what I could and GTFOd.

Comment

People who are so anti-social to the point they are trying to enforce on me by telling me not to make conversation in a party.

Comment

Well that depends jrg, were you telling them about catching fish and giving them hugs like you do with me?

>_>

<_<
                Cleverness - Hades
                75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Kitty likes fish =3

Why are you so hugophobic for clever?

And I was talking about how cute goblins look.

Comment

My pet peeve of last night: Newbs who refuse to follow advice given more times than once in a polite manner.

Ex:

Leveling MNK, which was at 16 when I got the invite to Korroloka, I join up and see our whm is a subless, rank 1 mithra. No big deal usually. As expected, she thought her job was to melee and not rest mp and not cure. In fact, the rdm was basically our main healer and main enfeebler (until the blm showed up).

So, in attempt to not oust her in party chat, I sent her a few tells explaining politely that a WHM's job is to stay in back and cure the party as need, and to rest mp when she has the chance. So naturally, she did the exact opposite and continued to play front line and bash the worms for 0-1dmg every few whiffs, and if we were lucky, maybe hand out a cure or something.

After each battle the rdm was usually almost always out of mp, and the whm was near full (except in the few streaks of chaining we did, in which she never rested once).

I'm generally pretty patient with noobs, as we were all one once, but it just bothers me when, after all your better efforts, the estranged noob continues his/her nooby acts despite yours or others advice.

All done now.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                    ------
                    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                      My pet peeve of last night: Newbs who refuse to follow advice given more times than once in a polite manner.

Ex:

Leveling MNK, which was at 16 when I got the invite to Korroloka, I join up and see our whm is a subless, rank 1 mithra. No big deal usually. As expected, she thought her job was to melee and not rest mp and not cure. In fact, the rdm was basically our main healer and main enfeebler (until the blm showed up).

So, in attempt to not oust her in party chat, I sent her a few tells explaining politely that a WHM's job is to stay in back and cure the party as need, and to rest mp when she has the chance. So naturally, she did the exact opposite and continued to play front line and bash the worms for 0-1dmg every few whiffs, and if we were lucky, maybe hand out a cure or something.

After each battle the rdm was usually almost always out of mp, and the whm was near full (except in the few streaks of chaining we did, in which she never rested once).

I'm generally pretty patient with noobs, as we were all one once, but it just bothers me when, after all your better efforts, the estranged noob continues his/her nooby acts despite yours or others advice.

All done now.
                      I think he'll wisen up once he starts wondering why he's not getting any invites.
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Hey now! We whm can DD with the best of them!
                        <.<
                        >.>

If I can do 3 damage per minute, and the mob only have 300 hp, he'll be dead in under 100 minutes!

You should see me whiff against Colibri! The breeze of my Darksteel Mauls knocks them birdies outta the air in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                          My related pet peeve: players (newbs or not) who ask for advice, and then argue with you over the advice and end up ignoring it. Or players who ask a question, and when you give them an answer, they argue with you about it.

A recent example:
                          PlayerX > Coeurl's aggro to sound, right?
                          Me > No, they detect by sight.
                          PlayerX > No, I'm pretty sure they're sound.

The kicker is I'm pretty sure this guy and I had the same exact "conversation" about a month ago when he was asking about Toramas in Onzozo. He then proceeded to get aggro'ed by one... and was still convinced it was because his Sneak went down.

Why ask for advice if you're going to just outright shoot it down? Why ask a question if you think you already know the answer, and plan to argue with anyone who answers to the contrary?
                          Lyonheart
                          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Hey now! We whm can DD with the best of them!
                            <.<
                            >.>

If I can do 3 damage per minute, and the mob only have 300 hp, he'll be dead in under 100 minutes!

You should see me whiff against Colibri! The breeze of my Darksteel Mauls knocks them birdies outta the air in no time!
                            I know you're being sarcastic, but with the right gear, a white mage can DD pretty effectively at 75. A friend of mine has a shen hauby, O-hat, seawolf cudgel and some other nice gear. That with subbed ninja. It surprises me how much hexastrike does. o.O
                            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                              I know you're being sarcastic, but with the right gear, a white mage can DD pretty effectively at 75. A friend of mine has a shen hauby, O-hat, seawolf cudgel and some other nice gear. That with subbed ninja. It surprises me how much hexastrike does. o.O
                              I love pretending I'm a DD, I don't have a reverand mail yet, but I got the Ohat, Purgatory mace, and some DD gear I ninja from a buddy. When I'm LS meriting and we are goofing around I'll have a thf sata me (-15 enmity from gear makes me a sucky tank) and we see how long I can keep Utsusemi and Stoneskin up with out dieing.

And anytime I can help someone with a DD quest I'm there. Soloing LB2 for people is my favorite. It may take me 30 minutes...per mob >.> but I get it done. Although for me to help with LB2 there are certain criteria you have to meet.

1. You are not a blm/pup, rdm/drg, war/whm, rdm/pld, or any other wierd combo.
                              2. You must beable to coherently make a complete thought that can be conveyed to me in a logical manner.

Comment

I would like to restate one that's probably been brought up a few times... <call> macros. Specifically <call>, <call2> and <call3> make me want to punch faces through monitors and tvs.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                                X