Re: macro mastery
Personally, I find /say macros to be WAY more annoying the /p macros. SMNs are quite the most guilty of all jobs for this. /say pams up PTs windows with needless RP chat best inflicted on the PT they are in.
Speaking as a BRD and COR, however, I've found it neccessery to inform PTs what buffs do what in macro so when they feel they're some kind of BRD expert, they can see the real difference by knowing what the song does. "[Madrigal] [Accuracy Bonus]" or "[March] = [Hastega]", for example. You would be amazed at how many people just do not know or care to learn what other buffs BRD does, and the case is the same already for COR.
I think if you can make an informational macro without being spammy, its perfectly ok.
With my Taru RDM, damn, there's just so much going on in the casting that it WOULD get spammy, so I've avoided doing what I do with BRD and COR on RDM at all. Just Dispel and Convert get any /p chat. And, yes, I'm the RDM who likes to scare the crap out of everyone thinking I got aggro.
/p Oh, no, the Elvaan hooker I didn't pay found me!
/ja "Convert" <me>
RULE 1: YOU DON'T NEED /P IN YOUR MACRO'S! no one in the party needs to see /p hey everyone!!! look at me! i'm casting {cure} !!!11!one! <call> ~~~~ <squigglyline> ~~~ <annoyingsound14> every time you heal the tank. it does no one any good.
Speaking as a BRD and COR, however, I've found it neccessery to inform PTs what buffs do what in macro so when they feel they're some kind of BRD expert, they can see the real difference by knowing what the song does. "[Madrigal] [Accuracy Bonus]" or "[March] = [Hastega]", for example. You would be amazed at how many people just do not know or care to learn what other buffs BRD does, and the case is the same already for COR.
I think if you can make an informational macro without being spammy, its perfectly ok.
With my Taru RDM, damn, there's just so much going on in the casting that it WOULD get spammy, so I've avoided doing what I do with BRD and COR on RDM at all. Just Dispel and Convert get any /p chat. And, yes, I'm the RDM who likes to scare the crap out of everyone thinking I got aggro.
/p Oh, no, the Elvaan hooker I didn't pay found me!
/ja "Convert" <me>




Comment