X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macro mastery

there are a few rules to writing good macros. let's go over them:

RULE 1: YOU DON'T NEED /P IN YOUR MACRO'S! no one in the party needs to see /p hey everyone!!! look at me! i'm casting {cure} !!!11!one! <call> ~~~~ <squigglyline> ~~~ <annoyingsound14> every time you heal the tank. it does no one any good. all it does is distract them from important party chat, like tp flashes for a skillchain. so NO /P IN YOUR MACROS!

you should macro your weoponskills with a /p warning so the mages know when to burst. spammy cures, vokes, jumps, etc distract the players involved in a skillchain. it can cause problems, and is not needed to play the game. so keep party chat out of your macros unless you are involed in a skillchain, please. no one needs to hear another paragraph about angels jumping down from heaven every time you use jump.

sometimes when in parties with multiple healers, you can argue that you can have a /p (cure III) >> <t> on your cures, to prevent wasted mp by having multiple healers try to cure the same person. i'm not talking about these, so long as they are short and discreet, though i don't see how it really helps. in an emergency, by the time they see your party chat message, they've usually already started -or even finished- casting their own cure, and they can see you casting just fine without it anyway.

i met a dragoon (not knocking the job, only the player) once who had a full paragraph (three sentances over two macro lines) of party text on each jump. We almost missed some skillchains over it, and i had to open my menu to see my partner's tp flash.

if you want some party text in your macros, at least keep it short. place something from the translator in it so jp's know what you're trying to say. but don't do it at all when it's unneccessary. i've taken /p out of most of my macros, except my weoponskill ones. no one needs to know when the thief is casting (utsusemi). do they need to see when the ninja is casting it? maybe, but your backup voker can see you trying to cast, and doesn't need his chat log filled up with "/p an ninja is one with the shadows, and a master of stealth! casting (utsusemi: Ichi) please provoke!" every time you cast your spell, because he can see it just fine without it.

RULE 2: RE READ RULE 1
    i know it's long, but important >.>

FULL MACRO PALLETS BY JOB

i added in full pallet guides by job. they're found later in the thread, though.

the summoner palet is finished on page 2

the white mage macro is done also on page 2

i just put in the ranger macro pallet, on page 3

the SOLO PALLET is finished! I'm really proud of this one! page 3

the thief pallet is here, page 3

the samurai pallet is on page 3 now, too

the paladin pallet is finished, page 4

the ninja pallet is done, also page 4

kk i just added the bard pallet guide in. i din't actually write this one though, since i don't even have bard unlocked XD

more pallets to come soon! but for now, let's go over a few things...

~~~THE BASICS:

ok, let's go over how to input a few commands. there are several ways to do different things. to explain, first let's look at a provoke macro. there are two diferent ways to make a provoke macro:

/ja "Provoke" <bt>
    /recast "Berserk"
    /wait 30
    /recast "Provoke"

or...

/ja "Provoke" <t>
    /recast "Berserk"
    /wait 30
    /recast "Provoke"

<bt> means battle target. <bt> targets whatever the party is targetting. it is sometimes faster to type /ja "Provoke" <bt> than to tab through everything on the screen. you will autmatically provoke whatever mob the puller is pulling, (so long as that is the first thing targetted by the pt.) i don't use <bt> anymore, however, because i noticed <bt> has a problem with links sometimes. you can accidentally provoke the wrong mob with <bt>. i took <bt> out of all of my macros. now i target everything manually.

notice also how there is no party chat in this macro! everyone can see that you are provoking, and they can see "Dummy uses provoke on the lizard" they don't need to see it again in party chat. all that does is spam,and distract the people from more important partychat, like skillchain info.
    now, if you decide you do want to have /party chat in your macros, make sure it includes something useful, like a tp call. this turns it from annoying spam into something that actually helps the battle. add <tp> in you provoke macro. like this:

/ja "Provoke" <t>
    /p (provoke) >>> <t> TP = <tp>
    /wait 30
    /recast "Provoke"

flashing our tp to your pt members is something you should be doing anyway. always use the translator in party chat macros whenever possible. jp's play ffxi too, remember

next, let's discuss /recast. /recast tells you how much longer you have until you can recast that ability (i.e, how much time is left on the recast timer.)

different jobs have different needs. when i tanked as a ninja, i used this provoke macro instead.

/ja "Provoke" <t>
    /wait 6
    /ja "Berserk" <me>
    /wait 24
    /recast "Provoke"

this is because ninjas can use berserk when tanking. this way, i didnt have to remember to use berserk. every time i provoked, if berserk was ready, it would just berserk for me if it was up, so i didnt have to think about it .

~~~~~sneak attack: a lot of jobs use sneak attack, and not just thieves^^

here is how a lot of players write their sata macros:

/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
    /wait 2
    /ja "Trick Attack" <me>
    /wait 2
    /ws "Viper Bite" <t>

but here is another way, because it leaves more room on the pallet for equipment-swapping and other things:

/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
    /ja "Trick Attack" <st>
    /ws "Viper Bite" <stnpc>

<st> targets yourself and waits until you choose to hit the enter/confirm button for it to go. this way, you don't have lag interfere with the trick attack (which does happen sometimes)

some players prefer to break this up, by seperating sneak attack, trick attack, and the weoponskill into seperate pallets right next to each other. this is another way to prevent lag from causing your sata to not activate properly. i don't use this way because all ten of my macro pallet sets are filled to capacity already, and i simply don't have room.

~~~~~RANGED ATTACKS AND PULLING:

now let's look at some pulling macros. we'll start with the ranged attack macro for pulling the mob to camp:

/equip ammo "Whatever arrows you are using now"
    /ra <t>
    /p (ranged attack) >>>> <t>
    /recast "Sharpshot"
    /echo <tp>

/equip ammo reloads your ammo slot if you happen to be out of arrows. that way, you don't have to worry about it. in place of /recast "Sharpshot", use whatever job ability is most imprtant to your current job. berserk is a common one.

if you plan to use ranged attacks during the fight (when you aren't actually pulling a mob), you will need a second macro for that:

/equip ammo "Acid Bolts"
    /ra <t>
    /recast "Berserk"

the /echo command puts something on the screen only you can see. if you typed /echo hey dummy! then "hey dummy!" would appear on your screen, and only you could see it. /echo <tp> shows you how much tp you have when you aren't enguaged with the mob, without having to open any menus. i put it on my pulling macro, just so i can still see my tp between fights.

and as i said before, each job is a little different. for example, here's a possible pulling macro for samurai:

/equip ammo "Wooden Arrows" <--or whatever arrows you happen to be using
    /p {Ranged attack} >>> <t>
    /ja "Third Eye" <me>
    /wait 2
    /ra <t>
    /recast "Meditate"

it's also a good idea to have a heads up macro when pulling. just a:

/p <t> (found it!) <Pos> <call14>

i like call 14 for this because it's one of the less annoying-sounding calls. i use this macro if im not sure if i should pull the mob. i hit this macro and wait to see if someone says "NOO!!! DON'T PULL THAT OR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" lol...
    Last edited by aegina; 01-10-2006, 08:58 AM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
    Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
    I live to entertain!

Re: macro mastery

~~~~~CURES AND OTHER SPELLS:

CURES:

for ps2, and other players who play with a controller, i actually recomend you not use any cure macros. just sort you spell list so all your cures are at the top (open menu > spells > white magic > press the triangle button and choose sort, manual or autosort. i always just autosort.)most of the time, casting cures from the menu is faster for a controller than clicking through the macro pallets looking for the cure spell you need.

ctrl-1:
    /ma "Cure" <st>

oh look! there's that <st> thing again! lol <st> means sub target. cure <st> makes your macro work just like when you cast cure from the menu. when you press it, a blue arrow will appear above your head (or the head of whatever you are targetting), and you may press up or down to quickly choose a pt member. <st> is my favorite way to cast spells on pt members with a macro. with a keyboard, use the macro, and then press the f-key that targets the player you want.

GROUP BUFFS:

/p group hug everyone!!! (protectra) (shellra)
    /ta <me>
    /ma "Protectra" <st>
    /wait 8
    /ma "Shellra" <me>

when putting party text into a macro, it's a good idea to put something from the translator into it too. that way, jp's know you'recasting buffs, and they know to run to you.
    note that i used <st> after protectra. i have found it much more efficient than:

/p party buffs! i iz casting (protectra) (shellra) lolz!!1!1one!! lolz!
    /wait 5
    /ma "Protectra" <me>
    /wait 8
    /ma "Shellra" <me>

because if you use the <me> way, you can still miss people and have to cast it again. sometimes people just don't get to you in time with /wait.

RED MAGE MACROS

I'm not even going to touch this one yet. maybe later, but not yet. red mage is the most macro-intensive job in the game. to be an even half-decent redmage, you need to be an expert at writing and using macros, especially equipment-swapping macros.
    i'll just show a couple simple macros just for now.

a refresh macro:

/ma "Refresh <st>
    /p refreshing <lastst>
    /recast "Convert"
    /wait 40
    /p refresh ready
    /recast "Refresh"

note that the refresh macro is one of the few times i believe it's ok to have party chat in your macros. this is only to let people SEE that you are casting the crack spell... i mean, refresh..., and it cuts down on how much some players harass you for their heroine - i-i mean, refreshes. when players see "refresh ready" then instantly see "refreshing paladin", they are usually less likely to bug you for the spell .

also, putting /recast "Convert" is an excellent idea in your refresh macro. a red mage basically lives by that timer >.>...

i'll add more of these in later, once i dig up my ffxi manual
    i'll come back and add in some more later. i also plan to come back and check all of my /waits to make sure they are accurate, etc. again, i'm about to go out of town for a week, so i probably won't get to it right away. But, here's what i got so far. enjoy^^

~~~~~THE NOT-SO-BASICS:

2-HOUR MACROS

a lot of players have reported having a lot of bad luck, pressing their 2 hour ability macros by mistake. i don't recomend you make a macro for your 2 hour ability. if you do choose to make one, i recomend you place it on a different set of pallets than the one you normally use for combat. there are a couple exceptions (a perfect dodge + warp scroll for thieves when trying to pick coffer locks. maybe a chainspell + escape macro for red mages, etc...) but those are exceptions to the rule. you don't want to use benediction when you meant to cast cure 2(cuz that would suck!) so don't macro your 2 hour

PALLET SETS

while holding ctrl or alt, press up or down, and you will see that you actually have ten sets of pallets, with ten pallets each. you can change which pallet you are on duing battle, but often times it is much simpler and easier to put all of your combat macros on one or at most two set of pallets, and your soloing macros on a different set.

my setup:

palet set number one:
    soloing macros for my thief and ranger (bloody bolts and other xbow equip swaps. utsusemi, scavenge and steal/mug macros.)

macro pallet set number two:
    pulling and ranger batle macros

macro pallet set numer three:
    all silly emotes.

macro pallet number four:
    thief battle macros. sata, gear-swapping,etc.

i have more pallets than these set up, but i think you are starting to get the idea. when i change jobs in my mog house, i hold down the L3 button (ctrl button on the keyboard) and change which pallet i have ready for this job. this way, every time i chnge jobs, i don't have to delete all my macros and write a whole new pallet XD
    you would be surprised how many people don't know you can do this. you actually have 200 maco pallets available to you, not just twenty.

TARGETTING
    here are some neat targetting methods. most of there aren't used very often, but are still worth mentioning.

press /ta <bt> to target whatever the party is targetting. sometimes this can be useful. this targets the first thing targetted by the pt that s still being targetted. typing this can be a good way to lock on to the mob the puller is pulling to camp, if you are at a camp that is having trouble targetting th mob the normal way.
    use /assist <playername> to target whatever that player is tergeting. there aren't many times i this is used though. i have used his one only once myself, during a Garrison.
    <stpc> <----same as <st>
    <stnpc> <same as <st>, but it tarets local mobs instead of your pt members.

EQUIPMENT SWAPPING:

you can also swap your equipment inside a macro. equipment names are case-sensitive, and are named like they appear in the inventory screen. (menu > items)

some examples:

/equip hands "Crow Bracers"
    /equip Body "Crow Jupon"
    /equip legs "Crow Bracers"
    /equip feet "Leaping Boots"
    /equip head "Empress hairpin"
    /equip range "Power Bow +1"
    /equip ammo "Beetle Arrows"
    /equip main "Excalibur"
    /equip sub "Lauan shield"
    /equip ring1 "Balance Ring"
    /equip ring2 "Saintly Ring"

... you get the idea... sometimes you want to change some piece of equipment to change your stats. on my thief, i like to swap in crow gear when pulling (for the extra evasion), the swap my +dex and +agi gear to set up for my sata once im back at camp. mages like to swap elemental staves, and red mages have to carry the entire ah worth of equipment on their back for swapping . gear swapping is used heavilly in ffxi at the higher levels.

my gear swap for my thief:

/equip body "Crow Jupon"
    /equip legs "Crow Gaiters"
    /ra <t>
    /echo <tp>

here is my sata macro :

/equip body "Mrc.Cpt. Doublet"
    /equip legs "Noct Brais +1"
    /ja "Sneak Attack"
    /wait 2
    /ja "Trick Attack"
    /wait 2
    /ws "Viper Bite" <t>

i am not sure if the spelling and capitalization of the items on these examples are correct. i plan to come back and double-check them later.
    this sets my gear back to being ready for my sata. changing equipment doesn't add any noticable delay, and this way i get hit less often when pulling a mob back to camp if i /ra <t> from too close to the mob.

A RECAST MACRO

one good idea is to make a recast macro. put several /recast "Important job ability"'s into one macro, and just hit it from time to time to see if your abilities are ready. like for example:

Ctr-2:
    /recast "Refresh"
    /recast "Haste"
    /recast "Gravity"
    /recast "Convert"

i used to do this, but i don't use it much anymore.
    Last edited by aegina; 01-05-2006, 08:57 AM.

Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
    I live to entertain!

Comment

i don't even have /p refresh > <lastst>

I only have 3 party announcements in my macros, though i have many, many /echo and /recast commands

/p {Dispel} > <lastst>: so they know i am casting

/p {Cure IV} > <lastst>: for hate grabbing or let those not as fast on the macro to cast another unless needed

/p {Convert} <call20>: helps prevent the tank> OMG! i'm so sorry! and the whm flipping and casting Cure IV after Cure IV or Cure V's on you and getting insane hate.
      Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
      G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
      San Doria Rank 6
      ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

how exactly does <lastst> work, ive never used it.. whats it do exactly?
        Originally posted by Blood Red Poet
        InuTrunks is just mad, because I ate his baby.

Comment

I agree with the removal of /p "Whatever non-sensical bullshyt" (IE: Carbuncle, shove some healing light up so-and-so's ass). It's annoying and distracting in any fighting situation.

The only /p I have in any of my macro's is my TP macro, I have a 3 second warning on all my Weaponskill macro's for SC purposes, and my pull macro. All only because the PT needs to know these.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
          SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by eriatarka
            how exactly does <lastst> work, ive never used it.. whats it do exactly?
            <lastst> repeats whoever your last <st> was

soppose you were in crawlers nest, fighting soldier crawlers. and let's say you used this refresh macro:

/ma "Refresh" <st>
            /p refreshing <t>

if you used that macro in battle, you would see this:

<yournane> refreshing soldier crawler!
            redmage starts casting refresh on the paladin
            paladin gains the effect of refresh

because you have the crawler targetted. but <lastst> shows instead whatever was the last <st> input, so soppose you used this macro instead:

/ma "Refresh" <st>
            /p refreshing <lastst>

...then you would see this...

<yourname> refreshing paladin!
            redmage starts casting refresh on the paladin
            paladin gains the effect of refresh

<lastst> repeats whoever you put in for the last <st> you used.
            Last edited by aegina; 12-17-2005, 02:25 PM.

I live to entertain!

Comment

yes provoke macros are annoying

Please tanks add <tp> to your provoke macro line if you insist on using one

and unless SE changed something, macros don't need <t>. If you have something targeted it will go off unless it a self casting spell that needs <me> for example:

/ja Provoke

works just like

/ja Provoke <t>

Originally posted by SevIfrit
              we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

I like cure <stpc> this way I only need 5 slot of macro for all cure 1-5 and can use with pretty much all mage jobs.

to efficiently use <stpc> you will need controller tho. with keyboard it's a pain to target pt PT members and even more pain alliance members.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Well I disagree. In lower lvls, you should post some things to pt. I can't count how many time idiots would start a pissing match over whether a cure was cast or not or a provoke was used. So a simple "If you scroll up you can see I was curing/provoking right along." ends any disput. Someone always wants to blame another person for something going wrong and I don't feel like listening to it so I do put some things into pt chat. But I will say that whatever I do post to pt chat is simple. Cure >>> <t> and thats it.

As for using the menu to cure with a controller, to each their own. I cast faster with macros than I do with the menu. It's all about the organization of your macros.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                    I like cure <stpc> this way I only need 5 slot of macro for all cure 1-5 and can use with pretty much all mage jobs.

to efficiently use <stpc> you will need controller tho. with keyboard it's a pain to target pt PT members and even more pain alliance members.
                    < stpc > Cure macros are hands down the best way to manage cure spells. They're actually much faster than going into your spell menu if you know what you're doing, and since it only targets party members you don't waste time going through other targets like you would with < st >. Just like going through the menu. With a controller you're even speedier than you would be with a keyboard imo. The time it takes to cast cure spell is plenty of time to set up your next cure if watching over a tank, and as long as you know where your cure macros are in the pallette, there is absolutely no reason for you to be slower than someone going through a menu.
                    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                    Originally posted by Balfree
                    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Originally posted by aegina
                      RULE 1: YOU DON'T NEED /P IN YOUR MACRO'S! no one in the party needs to see /p hey everyone!!! look at me! i'm casting {cure} !!!11!one! <call> ~~~~ <squigglyline> ~~~ <annoyingsound14> every time you heal the tank. it does no one any good. all it does is distract them from important party chat, like tp flashes for a skillchain. so NO /P IN YOUR MACROS!! LOLOL!!1!one!
                      for mages, u may be right, but from PLD's point of view, /p whatever to let the party know that i'm casting, or at least trying to cast Cure onto myself was sometimes necessary.

most of WHM's that i partied w/ tend to just "spam" Cure whenever they see my HP going down by... 20% i think is the fair number. and that results in my inability to cast Cure to hold hate, or my Cure resulting "Bside casts CureIII -> Bside recovers 0 HP." this was in fact so annoying that i had to tell them to hold it. PLD's need to wait for the right timing to start casting Cure, or it gets aborted. but they don't seem to take that into consideration. i don't know how many WHM's actually care to see if others r casting Cure at a given time, but when PLD's a tank, they need to see something else too; whether PLD's waiting for the right timing, by looking mobs' attack cycle and PLD's MP. and use of /p in PLD's macro helps mages figure out what we r trying to do.

Originally posted by aegina
                      ~~~~~sneak attack: a lot of jobs use sneak attack, and not just thieves^^

/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
                      /wait 2
                      /ws "Shadowstitch" <t>

lag varies from pc to pc. my ps2 needs /wait 2 between the SA and the weoponskill, but my laptop only needs /wait 1 (and yes, shadowstitch stacks with sata. gust slash does not.)

here's another one:

/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
                      /wait 2
                      /ja "Trick Attack" <me>
                      /wait 2
                      /ws "Viper Bite" <t>
                      i strongly recommend NOT to use these, especially the latter. u use it, and u'll see ur SA and/or TA regular attack going off before u finally use ur WS. adjusting the value in /wait won't help. anyone saying "that never happened to me" has just been lucky.

in order to avoid SA and/or TA going off before WS, or at least in order to make that chance minimal, have separate macros for SA, TA, and WS, idealy next to each others, and press them one by one. when u do this, u'll notice that u won't need to wait before hitting the next macro, unless u r in an extremely laggy places like Dynamis (even in Dynamis it works most of the time), and each of them just activate instantly. so, instead of 4 seconds of waiting before the Viper in the latter example, u'll be able to activate all of them in a matter of 1~1.5 sec, which isn't possible w/ all-in-one macros, minimizing the chance of SA/TA going off before WS.

Comment

Everybody liked my "/p HEAVEN OR HELL! <pet> vs <t>! LET'S ROCK!" macro.

Comment

I like to use <stnpc> with Foe Lullaby.
                          I don't even use a macro for sleep or sleepga. Not many people know this, but if you target a monster, you don't need a <t> in your macro, same with typing out spells.

So, for sleep or sleepga, I'll target the add & type "/ma Sleep." Sometimes it's faster to use the auto translate. Like with poisona, I'll target the tank, type "/ma po<tab>" Poison is the first on the list, so I just hit enter, & then I can press a. So it'll look like "/ma (poison)a"
                          That will still work as a spell. It has helped me get off spells a lot quicker than if I were to look thru the magic menu, or a Poisona macro(which is a waste of a macro spot). I do the same with sleepga, I'll just type out sle<tab> then the down arrow, and then enter.

People should experiment with typing out spells, it can increase your efficiency quite a bit.

Comment

in order to avoid SA and/or TA going off before WS, or at least in order to make that chance minimal, have separate macros for SA, TA, and WS, idealy next to each others, and press them one by one.
                            This is how I macro my SATA too. It is easier than you think ^^ and the error seems minimum. Another note is that you can seperate SA and TA whenever you need and you will have a little time to run around the mob in case it turns around too.
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei

<stpc> works well on a keyboard, too. Just hit the macro and use F1-F6 to target the party member in the corresponding slot in your list.

I seem to have the exact opposite view of when to use party chat in a macro. I use this line in all my cure macros:

/p (Cure)2=><lastst> MP:<mp>

because it helps prevent double curing and keeps the party appraised of my mp status. Chat text is easier to read than the meters in the party list and doesn't get filtered with spells.

I also prefer for tanks to use party chat in their macros to keep the party updates of their Provoke recast. As a black mage, it gives me a good feel for when I can start casting a big nuke, and it prevents disputes like "Where the hell was that voke?" Well, if you scroll up you can see that it would've become ready just less than 15 seconds after you used Barrage. Now obviously I'd prefer the macro to say "(Provoke)=><t>" and "(/recast) (Provoke) = [0:15]" (what I use) than "OMGZ UR MOM!!!1" or whatever, but I'd rather see stupid macros that give me that information than none at all.

I also never use a party line in my Refresh macro. There's just no reason for it. The only person who needs to track my casting of Refresh and modify their behavior for it is me. Each person will know I refreshed them when they see the animation on themselves and that's as much information as they need to have. If they start bitching about no refresh because they don't know I'm already casting it on them and then it lands half a second later, that's just evidence they don't need to be bitching at me. Usually nobody does it a second time.

Same thing with Dispel. It doesn't take that long to cast, and they'll know when it lands. The only reason I might need to tell them when I start casting it is so they can start the SC half a second earlier, which essentially amounts to nothing.

Whenever your party could use information about your status or actions to improve their play, please DO use a concise party line to give it to them.

After messing up a few Sleeps and Lullabys, I took <bt> out of all my macros and made a new one that just says /target <bt>. I use this at the beginning of every fight when the puller is coming in to set my sights on the mob he hit, and all my other macros just use <t> or <st>. I started doing this even as whm so I can see the mob's hp bar and ration my cures accordingly.

Just because it is my most complex macro, here is what I use for Sleep:

/equip main "Dark Staff"
                              /equip hands "Garrison Gloves"
                              /ma "Sleep II" <stnpc>
                              /p (Casting spell.) (Sleep)=><lastst>! (Disengage) <lastst>!<call>
                              /wait 1
                              /ma Sleep <lastst>

Dark Staff obviously enhances the accuracy of the dark attribute spell. Garrison Gloves aren't great, but I use Devotee's Mitts for white magic, so obviously I need to take off that -4 INT when casting any black magic. 4th line tells the party what I'm doing and why they should care in the most concise and universally understandable way I can manage, with a <call> because it's urgent to act on quickly. I used to use "Sit down and wait your turn, <lastst>!" which some people liked, but JP can't understand it and some less experienced players didn't always know to switch targets asap. Last two lines are suboptimal, but it lets me jam the same macro for a second Sleep attempt if the first one is resisted or fails for some reason.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X