Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm the problem i'm having is not because of my JP address. It's because the card that was previously in use had become lost, the card itself was not mine, and I learned of the situation a little bit ago.
    In Game Name Maximillian
    LS:WolvesOfVanaDiel/Zenmetsu

Art Gallery http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/viper23

Comment

Originally posted by Veskar
      ^^^^^^^^^^Miles's Post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      If you want info on this, pm me

Why dont you just make the info public, that way we dont have 1000 'oh shit my accounts getting deleted what do i do' threads.:sweat:

Hope it works for ya Max
      I plan to live forever.. so far so good.

Celeras - Jack of all trades, and good at them all : Pwned, May 1st, 2004

---------------------

Celeras�?��?��?��?�を�?��?��?�見�?��?�?�。

Comment

Dunno if this matters anymore, but there is a "cheat" to get your real addresses in there...
        *attempts*

Comment

This problem has nothing to do with address...its because they're not being able to bill you on the credit card. The address thing comes in when theyre gonna try to send the money on a bill format to ur registered address. Thats where everybody gets screwed. Those bills sent can only be paid through convenient stores in japan.

Japan's system is different from what i saw, on the NA service if you got suspended for billing problems they just let you use another credit card. Thats why NA bills people on the first day of the month not the end like japan.
          |Elites|PLD75/RNG75/WAR37/NIN37/MNK54 Sandoria - Rank 10

Comment

what i don't understand is why they're so anal about sending you a bill to your registered address in japan. I mean, how about this scenario:

You live in Japan, and open up a brand new FFXI account (JP version). You play for a year and pay regulary, and no discrepancies occur. At the end of that year, you find out that you are going to be moving to another country (in this case let's use USA). So you know you are going to be moving to America, yet you wanna keep your FFXI account alive and active. Now you have a valid CC number and a valid American Address. You mean to tell me, that if something were to mess up (God forbid) on your CC, then Squeenix will not be able to allow you to reactivate your account because you no longer live in Japan? You had a valid address there, but now you moved countries so it's no longer your place of residence.

Certain things you might say -
            - you could change your address and CC info inside POL before something goes wrong with your CC. But from what i've been reading so far, it doesn't matter what you change your address to, it MUST be a legit address in Japan, correct? i guess you're screwed if u were to "move" to the US.
            - I've been contemplating changing my registered address from the "fake" addy that i got off this site over a year ago, to my real residence here in Canada. I don't know if this will work, or will allow me to save my account in case something were to go wrong with my credit card, but nonetheless i would like to know: should i still do it?

I hope someone can clarify some of these issues with the address changes, and policies. It's confusing, i don't understand why they don't just use the NA policy of billing a different CC, intead of making people walk to their convenience stores and paying it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay
              what i don't understand is why they're so anal about sending you a bill to your registered address in japan. I mean, how about this scenario:

You live in Japan, and open up a brand new FFXI account (JP version). You play for a year and pay regulary, and no discrepancies occur. At the end of that year, you find out that you are going to be moving to another country (in this case let's use USA). So you know you are going to be moving to America, yet you wanna keep your FFXI account alive and active. Now you have a valid CC number and a valid American Address. You mean to tell me, that if something were to mess up (God forbid) on your CC, then Squeenix will not be able to allow you to reactivate your account because you no longer live in Japan? You had a valid address there, but now you moved countries so it's no longer your place of residence.
              Thing is, almost all Japan issued credit cards are automatically paid directly from the bank every month, the user only gets a CC statement, not a CC bill - hence there is no such thing as missing a payment unless the bank account itself is empty, in which case the person shouldn't be playing video games anyway. I myself am still using a US credit card (for the miles XD) hence I got in trouble as well. Just keep your credit card bills up to date and the address shouldn't matter. If you get a warning from POL and you don't live in Japan or have a friend that does to get the bill from SEX, 9 out of 10 times its already too late and there is nothing you can do.

Comment

Ahh...So it had Nothing to do with the "Expiration date"? Is that an issue at all?
                "Hence banished is banished from the world, and the worlds exile is death."
                ?l?I?F???̃v???g?^?C?v002
                Mad Sky; ?C?á‚¢?Ì‹ó?Š?y equipment - http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?2554

Comment

Originally posted by TakeshiEiketsu
                  Ahh...So it had Nothing to do with the "Expiration date"? Is that an issue at all?
                  Thats exactly what it has to do with.. might want to re-read.
                  I plan to live forever.. so far so good.

Celeras - Jack of all trades, and good at them all : Pwned, May 1st, 2004

---------------------

Celeras�?��?��?��?�を�?��?��?�見�?��?�?�。

Comment

Same shit happened to me.

Logged in on thursday to that message, telling me to log into the japanese Client for info.

SO... my account seems to be hosed as well...they say we have until the end of the month.

I am gonna start transfering all my items and whatnot...

Max, were you gonna try (or know anyone who has) the cancel id/reactivate thing?
                    Skywise: Death due to S-E not likeing my cc for some reason after taking it for more than a year:

Now playing: Skywize- Back to being a PLD. Its good to be back :D

Comment

Originally posted by Zelld
                      Same shit happened to me.

Logged in on thursday to that message, telling me to log into the japanese Client for info.

SO... my account seems to be hosed as well...they say we have until the end of the month.

I am gonna start transfering all my items and whatnot...

Max, were you gonna try (or know anyone who has) the cancel id/reactivate thing?
                      oh no skywise too?:dead:
                      |Xiphoid|SAM72.WAR37.THF30 RNG19.MNK18.NIN15. - Sandoria Rank 9 - Banned!
                      |Revenge|WAR68.MNK37.NIN37.SAM12.WHM12.RNG6.THF6. - Sandoria Rank 10 - Active!

Comment

Originally posted by Celeras

Thats exactly what it has to do with.. might want to re-read.
                        That's what i've been talking about..Get a new CC a few weeks before the older one expires and you wont have this problem. Inless of course like Sey said and it be some machine error or something like that..

Zelld if you can access your items i'll help you transfer if you need it.
                        http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
                        ---
                        Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
                        ----
                        Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

Skywise is getting screwed over too? oro

well my CC doesnt expire for another year+ and by then I'll be done with FFXI anyway...
                          RDM75| DRG75

Comment

Its weird...

I am using a debit/check card. never had any problems with it before... it expires next year... I am SLIGHTLY pissed...
                            Skywise: Death due to S-E not likeing my cc for some reason after taking it for more than a year:

Now playing: Skywize- Back to being a PLD. Its good to be back :D

Comment

Re:

Max this happened to me about a week ago heres what you do and not do .

-US POL services cannot help since your account is JP don't even bother calling

-JP POL help desk has blocked over seas numbers

-Contact JP help desk via E-mail and Explain and try to help the situation

-before the end of the month go to your payment options and Cancel the credit card # you put in and put in a fresh one from a different card.
                              Linkshells: TMV, HelplessRain
                              -çôƒƒee all gone i go boom.
                              Apoc - Bard (Gone again)
                              Pocster- Re-activated.
                              (Fish 67. Cooking 87. Bone 65. Alchemy 80.)

Backness-

Comment

Originally posted by Zelld
                                Its weird...

I am using a debit/check card. never had any problems with it before... it expires next year... I am SLIGHTLY pissed...
                                You must have been empty =(

Comment

Working...
                                X