Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Originally posted by Wenrick
    Gulkeeva used my Corsair mod.

/proud grin
    haha yeah I like it, I havne't figured how to move stuff around yet... jsut swapping various stuff.

Kinda sucks that 1 emote is like the only one giving me trouble.. that and finding naja's "Desk Slam" and "sitting ontop the desk" emotes.

and to the poster above, need latest Direct X version June release!

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

Originally posted by Gulkeeva
      haha yeah I like it, I havne't figured how to move stuff around yet... jsut swapping various stuff.

Kinda sucks that 1 emote is like the only one giving me trouble.. that and finding naja's "Desk Slam" and "sitting ontop the desk" emotes.

and to the poster above, need latest Direct X version June release!
      Just an FYI Gulkeeva, I've noticed that if the motions are part of a cutscene then you will not find them in the NPC's .dat. They seem to be in a .dat somewere else.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I guessed as much, I started to wonder that entire folder, i'd be easier if VRS didn't crash on trying to laod some numbers >.>

oh and randomly anyone remember the .DAT numbers for the "Character creation screen" mithra body?

Comment

ok im confused i thought id try something simple to start, i want to take the idle stance from an npc mithra (1-4-94) and switch it with the pc mithra idle stance >< i can import the npcs motion but how do i set it to PC skeleton? do i need to import the model? or just figure out the dat/animation number and save it there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jitensha
            Guys there is nothing on my tool box menu when I load VRS ; ; WHY!? And would any of you be willing to share your emote dats or take request ><! I'm trying to make a ffxi movie and I'm using all sorts of crazy 3rd pt programs to make it great (I use it for the art lol, I swear!)
            Download and install the latest version of directx from microsoft's website. Even if you previously installed 9.0 or 9.0c or whatever, that's what it took to fix mine, which exibited the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyasho
              ok im confused i thought id try something simple to start, i want to take the idle stance from an npc mithra (1-4-94) and switch it with the pc mithra idle stance >< i can import the npcs motion but how do i set it to PC skeleton? do i need to import the model? or just figure out the dat/animation number and save it there?
              Basically what I've been doing is jsut finding the UB/LB motions of what I wanted then the emote I wanted to replace UB/LB, and then save the motions I wanted over the one I was going for. Motion Thinner 4 has worked for like.. everything except 1 emote >_<

Thinking of scouring some folders for some of the emotes harder to find... I know I posted somewhere the model #'s of the things in the character creation... jsut need to find it again.

Comment

Basically what I've been doing is jsut finding the UB/LB motions of what I wanted then the emote I wanted to replace UB/LB, and then save the motions I wanted over the one I was going for. Motion Thinner 4 has worked for like.. everything except 1 emote >_<

Thinking of scouring some folders for some of the emotes harder to find... I know I posted somewhere the model #'s of the things in the character creation... jsut need to find it again.
                Yeah, what Gulkeeva mentioned should work for most NPC to PC models as long as they are the same race. It is very likely you might run into 1 or 2 models that even though are the same race might not have the same skeleton structure. In those cases since they are the same race you can still get the motion exported but it's a little more moderate speed.

The harder conversion is when you try to take a motion from one race and move it to another. That one is longer to do because you can't just copy a skeleton's motion and paste it to a different skeleton. If you were able to copy out of the scaling, rotation, and movement of which one of those 3 you want to change then it would be easier. Since that doesn't seem possible it makes doing that almost as lengthy as making a motion completly from scratch.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Ok I know this is the most retarded thing to have a problem with but..
                  How do you cuztomize the length and width of toolbars, as well as undock them? I try to move them around very first thing when I open it and they all dock to the left side. I move them in any direction, try to do it fast or slow or with a double click or left click.. they won't undock. They just redock the nearest edge in any direction, although I've been told in the past dragging them away from the top should undock them. Also at http://www.grumpyrarab.ffximc.com/pa...homeframe.html tutorial it shows for instance the operation toolbox is changed from 2 wide to 4 wide.
                  Help me please T_T

Comment

Originally posted by Halion
                    Ok I know this is the most retarded thing to have a problem with but..
                    How do you cuztomize the length and width of toolbars, as well as undock them? I try to move them around very first thing when I open it and they all dock to the left side. I move them in any direction, try to do it fast or slow or with a double click or left click.. they won't undock. They just redock the nearest edge in any direction, although I've been told in the past dragging them away from the top should undock them. Also at http://www.grumpyrarab.ffximc.com/pa...homeframe.html tutorial it shows for instance the operation toolbox is changed from 2 wide to 4 wide.
                    Help me please T_T
                    When you move any of them away for a docked space. The have to be about 40 pixels away from any area that is currently docked. Also they will dock if they are to close to any of the window edges (Top, Bottom, Right, or Left).

Keep toolbars about 5-20 pixels away from the window edges to keep them from docking. Once they are undocked you can grab an edge of the toolbar and readjust the size. They can be redocked with that new size adjustment. Resizing only works when they are undocked.

Comment

Don't bother with adjusting the Motion Thinner for now. It does not save the value properly in the .DAT file. It may look like it works in Model Viewer, but it will default back to its original value when you load up FFXI. Until this is fixed, or somebody finds a way to work around it (Macht ) importing animations and running them at the proper speed will be tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipper
                        Don't bother with adjusting the Motion Thinner for now. It does not save the value properly in the .DAT file. It may look like it works in Model Viewer, but it will default back to its original value when you load up FFXI. Until this is fixed, or somebody finds a way to work around it (Macht ) importing animations and running them at the proper speed will be tricky.
                        I think it would be awsome if the adjustment to correct that is simply just a Hex Edit fix like the Texture problem in VRS is. Probably just dreaming on that, which is why it would be awsome to find info about the .dats and how they are structured.

Comment

Hallihallo

The motion tool is great. Finding the right motions is hard for eventmotions.
                          But when you have it... priceless. XD
                          I had to switch in the event surprise of Tarutarus.
                          Now i have to go deeper so that the shield and weapon move right. :D

Is there a way to edit the "Motion Read Lists" of VRS?

Nice Day Nomido
                          Last edited by Nomido; 08-29-2006, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomido
                            Hallihallo

The motion tool is great. Finding the right motions is hard for eventmotions.
                            But when you have it... priceless. XD
                            I had to switch in the event surprise of Tarutarus.

Now i have to go deeper so that the shield and weapon move right. :D

Is there a way to edit the "Motion Read Lists" of VRS?

Nice Day Nomido
                            You mean the lists for the races that are completly blank?

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                              When you move any of them away for a docked space. The have to be about 40 pixels away from any area that is currently docked. Also they will dock if they are to close to any of the window edges (Top, Bottom, Right, or Left).

Keep toolbars about 5-20 pixels away from the window edges to keep them from docking. Once they are undocked you can grab an edge of the toolbar and readjust the size. They can be redocked with that new size adjustment. Resizing only works when they are undocked.
                              Thank you Macht... it was working well when I dragged them into the scene area using those distances, but when I tried to make a long one and put the scene window beside it well... I couldn't move the scene window above the bottom of it, and now I can't undock anything.

That whole light grey area is like off limits to all the model windows, and that toolbar is so long now that I can't even select them. Is there a way to reset all toolbars? -.-;; I didn't save them and restarting program doesn't reset them. Also how would the model windows be moved beside locked toolbars, like in the same link I posted above?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hallihallo Macht

Originally posted by Macht
                                You mean the lists for the races that are completly blank?
                                Yes, i meant these lists.
                                I only found the list for the normal object DATs but not for the motion DATs.

Nice Day
                                Nomido

Comment

Working...
                                X