Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Originally posted by Stromgarde
    Download and install the latest version of directx from microsoft's website. Even if you previously installed 9.0 or 9.0c or whatever, that's what it took to fix mine, which exibited the same problems.
    Still doesn't work I dunno what to do ; ; /cry

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
      I think it would be awsome if the adjustment to correct that is simply just a Hex Edit fix like the Texture problem in VRS is. Probably just dreaming on that, which is why it would be awsome to find info about the .dats and how they are structured.
      Well I found this page interesting: http://www.credes.com/us/product/80/ffximotion.html

Towards the bottom of the page it has a description of the Motion Thinning and how to adjust it. This page has been up for some time now, long before the release of the Engrish version. I wonder if it works properly in the JP version, but not in the EN version. I would think that the tutorial would have mentioned something about it not working if it was broken in the JP version too.

When I get some free time I'll fire up the JP version, mess with the MTR value, and see if it reflects the change in game. If it does, then at least we can export the animations we make with the EN version to the JP version for the purpose of setting the proper MTR. Just a thought.

-Zipper

Double Post Edited:
      Originally posted by Nomido
      Yes, i meant these lists.
      I only found the list for the normal object DATs but not for the motion DATs.
      There are currently no lists for any of the animation files, except for the incomplete list I posted for Mithra Common Animations on like the 3rd page of this thread. You will have to load the animation .DAT you want, then load up every motion in that file until you find the one you're looking for. Yes it's tedious and stupid. I will eventually have all the Mithra animations mapped, but I won't be touching any other races.
      Last edited by Zipper; 07-18-2006, 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Intresting he got up the english translation of that stuff up now huh? I hadn't seen it there even on the EN version release, only the Japanese version of that page (Which seems like it was just a straight out translation of the words not pictures or anything) was there before.

Like I said though, I have noticed that the JP Version of the VRS when saving out seemed to be acting different then the EN Version was doing. The MTR in the Japanese version is a lot more unpredictable and harder to get set right, but seems to work right ingame.

My guess is the creator attempted to make the MTR easier to use but must of messed something up in the process. The EN VRS 7.4.8 is an actual upgrade over the 7.4.7 of the JP VRS, more then just a language translation. Most of the changes so far though seemed to be useless and ultimatly non-functional in comparison to what the JP VRS does.

Double Post Edited:
        Originally posted by Halion
        Thank you Macht... it was working well when I dragged them into the scene area using those distances, but when I tried to make a long one and put the scene window beside it well... I couldn't move the scene window above the bottom of it, and now I can't undock anything.

That whole light grey area is like off limits to all the model windows, and that toolbar is so long now that I can't even select them. Is there a way to reset all toolbars? -.-;; I didn't save them and restarting program doesn't reset them. Also how would the model windows be moved beside locked toolbars, like in the same link I posted above?
        Yikes, you made a mess out of that. Only thing I can think to try is to open the WhitePage.scn file into there. The .scn is a save of how you had your screen setup (More accurate to say it's a save of your Workspace, what you were working on how the space is setup, etc..). If that doesn't work well you probably did save over the whitepage.scn without realizing. Just extract the program from the .zip over it again.
        Last edited by Macht; 07-18-2006, 04:26 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

IS there a list somwhere of all the dats containing the movements?
          Having a little bit of trubble finding the bluemagic and SMN magic movements to mess with them... I'll figure it all out eventualy .. but if anyone could give some help would be apreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Blessedarkangel
            IS there a list somwhere of all the dats containing the movements?
            Having a little bit of trubble finding the bluemagic and SMN magic movements to mess with them... I'll figure it all out eventualy .. but if anyone could give some help would be apreciated.
            There are currently no lists for any of the animation files, except for the incomplete list I posted for Mithra Common Animations on like the 3rd page of this thread. You will have to load the animation .DAT you want, then load up every motion in that file until you find the one you're looking for. Yes it's tedious and stupid. I will eventually have all the Mithra animations mapped, but I won't be touching any other races.

Maybe someone should sticky my above response...

Comment

A mapping of the animations would be great.
              I've done a few wepons and fomor WS motion seeking, and currently looking for the "Character selection screen" for mithra .DAT I had it posted on the original english translated VRS site now called ffximc.com and lost >.>

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

pst! Gulk! Crop off the bottom of the page. She's holding something that can get you into trouble. o.O
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
                  pst! Gulk! Crop off the bottom of the page. She's holding something that can get you into trouble. o.O
                  What could you be thinking of >.>

Its the back end of her Shell buster XD

Comment

God i soo use to JP Virtual Reality Stugio i forgot what i was doing
                    I am alone....

Comment

• Re: English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Originally posted by Gulkeeva
                      What could you be thinking of >.>

Its the back end of her Shell buster XD
                      Whatever it is, it LOOKS like something else. lol

I see "it" too. >.<

Comment

Lol, so many perverted minds here. I know Gulk posts some risky stuff, but they've kept it within this sites boundaries so far.

As far as motions the best way you'll get so far at finding a motion you want is by use of the ModelViewer. Select the motion from Modelviewer and in the box to the lower right it tells you what 3 .dats it used to get the Upper Body, Lower Body, and clothes for the motion.

After that it's a matter of looking through those .dats. Some of the .dats you'll notice are used for both the Upper Body and Lower Body with the other for the Clothes.

Some of the .dats are actually shorter then some would expect. For example the clothes .dat for Hume Female PC only has a total of about 6 motions in it's index.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Has anyone gotten this message when Opening VRS, " The File fomat which is appointed is not Corresponding"?

Any idea's how to correct this?

And also where can i find the files in the system registery? So i can delete and have a fresh re-install.
                          75 WHM| 75 RDM| 75 SMN| 75 BLM

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                            Lol, so many perverted minds here. I know Gulk posts some risky stuff, but they've kept it within this sites boundaries so far.
                            and you thought I was bad, people thinking the Shellbuster/kraken club looks like something else >.>

I'll post the full pic so you can see it later w

and randomly has anyone played around having 2 different emotes in one (like a mix n match UB/LB) I wonder what kinda weird stuff you could get going...

oh and if anyones noticed, the TaU mithras have a new "shocked" emote, anyone find it by chance?

/edit

Last edited by Gulkeeva; 07-19-2006, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I have mixed different animation files just to see what happens. Sometimes it will load both motions at once, and sometimes it won't. You'll just have to play around and see which ones it will let you combine. I don't know how it determines whether or not to load two different animations for different parts of the skeleton.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulkeeva

oh and if anyones noticed, the TaU mithras have a new "shocked" emote, anyone find it by chance?
                                i dont even get ToAU mithran npcs in model viewer never seen that new emote

Comment

Working...
                                X