Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Right here: http://www.credes.com/us/product/80/download.html

And be sure to download Directx 9 too~

Sorry if someone posted this before me....

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
    Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
    Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
    Susan>> Just smaller.
    [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
    [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
    Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
    [GM]Dave>> ...
    [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Re: English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Yay!!! x10^60

Comment

Hmm... experiencing some problems getting it to load correctly, at least on my end. The FFXI plugin isn't loading. Ah well, I need to be getting to class.

Edit: Well, it seems it broke the old install too. Until I can fix this, I'll be unable to work on projects.

Moredit: I think I know why... it's an odd reason... simple, though. Not something I can fix immediately.
      Last edited by Stromgarde; 07-14-2006, 05:33 AM.

Comment

So best to wait til you or Kal get it and 'fix' it?

Comment

Ok... well... it's odd. The LocalDLL\Tool\ConvertSettingTool.ldl is missing in the new version. Both NA and JP, I checked.

That file controls the import/export menu, without which we can do nothing.

Also, if you try placing the old version of ConvertSettingTool.ldl in there, it throws an error. I'm not sure what to do at this point, other than look for a backup zip from a while back.

I suggest against mailing the author until we further investigate this and see if we can't fix it on our own.

Comment

Is this a tool that allows you to explore maps? I remeber seeing Screenshots of people wandering around zones, it this what they used?
            Sergeant Major
            75PLD | 75NIN | 50RNG | 40BST | 37WAR | 37RDM | 35THF | 26SAM | 22MNK |
            22DRG | 22DRK | 22WHM | 20BLM | 11COR | 13BRD | 10BLU | 08PUP | 01SMN |
            Carbuncle | Diabolos | Fenrir | Garuda | Ifrit | Leviathan | Ramuh | Shiva | Titan

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Rai
                Is this a tool that allows you to explore maps? I remeber seeing Screenshots of people wandering around zones, it this what they used?
                No, VRS is a deeper level of creating and altering models. Unlike other programs, like Metasequoia, the VRS is capable of controlling the model down to the skeleton level.

The new english version is suppose to be capable of exporting and import motions into the .dat file.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

What's the log in to it?

Comment

Guest and Guest

It's case sensitive.

Comment

Most likely wont work until you download the Direct9x file too

Comment

Sadly, even though I have DirectX 9 Guest/Guest doesn't seem to work for me. I made sure they were entered with the proper casing... tried like 20 times. ;.;
                        What happens is it'll wait for a whlie, maybe a minute or two I haven't timed it. Then I get an error popup box with odd symbols and I'm back a the Log in. Gave up for now =x

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Well downloaded it, worked just fine for me. It has the same requirements as the others did for it to work right.

One of the main requirements that gets a lot of people:

The path to VRS.exe has to be "C:\VRS" if it isn't it will not load right.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

This is what mine looks like after installing to C:/VRS, with a wiped registry. Anyone else getting this?

The circled area with the arrow to it is where the import/export menu should, but is not.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wierd, well here is the tools section you say your's doesn't have.

They've updated the English version. Intresting enough the English translation on this one is more accurate then previously translated one.

Though as it is two of the 3 options for the image when exported don't seem to work to well. So to maintain a better image quality you'll want to have an export of the graphics you get in the .mqo exports from modelviewer.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Macht; 07-14-2006, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X