Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Well i've tried other emotes and get the same result... only thing I haven't tried is changing it to a "repeat" animation like walking or idle...

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

Well I wonder what would happen if lets say, we replaced an /emote that has 100 frames with another that has 50. Would it run twice as slow? And would we be able to fix it by manipulating the MTR.

Comment

Yeah, the thinner is mainly to help to compress a motion to fit into a smaller aloted motion group. It's a 1 of two parts to slow the motion down, the other part is in the motion window. In there you can change it's frame rate, just if you change the frame rate away from anything then 30 the mathmatics to set forth I don't think work the same.

For example if it's set to 15 fps then the system when reading the 4 for the MTR (This is if the program is handling motions how I think) as 8 but the motions have less clipping. The 15 fps was a clean example though when you start doing something like 18, 20, and so on then the MTR needs adjustments.

Otherwise most of the motions being that 30 is the systems base I think should work ok with the 4 MTR if you set frame rate to 15, 30, 45, or 60.

Just to let you know, there are actually like FPS running. One that the motion itself says to move at and the game systems set FPS. When the motion is at 30 and game is 30 it's a 1:1 speed. When motion is at 15 and game is 30 it's a 1:2 speed (or slowed motion). Also at 15 fps for the slowed motion to take effect MTR I think should be set to 2.
        Last edited by Macht; 07-17-2006, 03:19 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Well I just did some testing with the MB2 animation, and the MTR value appears to have no effect in game at all. I can mess with the value and I can see its effects in Model Viewer, but in game the animation is normal looking regardless of the value. Is VRS not properly saving the MTR value? I know the last version had a problem with combining certain verticies, so I'm pretty sure it's not bug free.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipper
            Well I just did some testing with the MB2 animation, and the MTR value appears to have no effect in game at all. I can mess with the value and I can see its effects in Model Viewer, but in game the animation is normal looking regardless of the value. Is VRS not properly saving the MTR value? I know the last version had a problem with combining certain verticies, so I'm pretty sure it's not bug free.
            Best way to test that, export a motion get what it's motion count is (say 48 motions) set MTR to 48. Then try it in-game, if you get any motion then the MTR didn't work. If you don't get motion it's working.

Modelviewer should show the motion as being only 1 part.

I wouldn't be surprised if the motion part of VRS is bugged. I mean it still seems to have that texture bug in it.

Also like I said I've noticed that the English version of the motions vs. the Japanese version seem to be different. I noticed that pretty quickly when it looked like the 1 setting on MTR in the English version wasn't doing the same as the 1 setting in the Japanese version.
            Last edited by Macht; 07-17-2006, 03:22 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Randomly where are you seeing these FPS rate numbers in VRS... I don't see it at all >.>

Comment

Gulkeeva you need to load the Motion Open screen. It's the icon on the top toolbar that has the blue graph in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulkeeva
                  Randomly where are you seeing these FPS rate numbers in VRS... I don't see it at all >.>
                  It's because you haven't opened that window. The icon with the sin symbol on a math grid, not the playback ones I posted in a pic. There is one more involved there.

Risky pic you posted there too, just good thing you didn't have the Rendering on the texture for those two windows on. Would of had to remove that then

Looks like it's the Adult Corsair AF
                  Last edited by Macht; 07-17-2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Well the good news is that I know what the problem is. When we imported the new /emote it didn't transfer the number of parts. The Kyaa Taali animation has 180 frames, 90 parts, and a MTR of 2. The /stagger emote has 76 frames, 38 parts, and a MTR of 2. When we imported, VRS did not change the 38 parts from the /stagger to the 90 of the new emote. You can verify this in Model Viewer; it still says 38 with the new stagger animation. Since VRS won't enforce a MTR change, the only way to get the emote to work properly would be to decrease the frames of the new stagger emote from 180 to 76. I'll leave that to Gulkeeva to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipper
                      Well the good news is that I know what the problem is. When we imported the new /emote it didn't transfer the number of parts. The Kyaa Taali animation has 180 frames, 90 parts, and a MTR of 2. The /stagger emote has 76 frames, 38 parts, and a MTR of 2. When we imported, VRS did not change the 38 parts from the /stagger to the 90 of the new emote. You can verify this in Model Viewer; it still says 38 with the new stagger animation. Since VRS won't enforce a MTR change, the only way to get the emote to work properly would be to decrease the frames of the new stagger emote from 180 to 76. I'll leave that to Gulkeeva to figure out.
                      Lol, so tempted now to see if I could find info about the .DATs and how motion is coded in it to try and find a better fix.

Comment

haha christ, it went from soorta easy to do to now a complex hard math application figuring numbers ;;

dam can't type to well in PT either, I'll try figure this crazy math stuff for emotes later w
                        Last edited by Gulkeeva; 07-17-2006, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulkeeva
                          haha christ, it went from soorta easy to do to now a complex hard math application figuring numbers ;;

dam can't type to well in PT either, I'll try figure this crazy math stuff for emotes later w
                          Lol, didn't expect it to be THAT easy did you?

Comment

I was looking at the animation to see how hard it would be to compress, and uh... yeah good luck Gulkeeva.

Comment

Gulkeeva used my Corsair mod.

/proud grin

Comment

Guys there is nothing on my tool box menu when I load VRS ; ; WHY!? And would any of you be willing to share your emote dats or take request ><! I'm trying to make a ffxi movie and I'm using all sorts of crazy 3rd pt programs to make it great (I use it for the art lol, I swear!)

Comment

Working...
                                X