Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late reply but you're out of your mind if you want to even think of plvl'ing gs to 100

simply put, it's impossible to plvl "efficiently"

but uh if you want figures:

1 mil -> 54
    3 mil -> 60
    5 mil -> 64
    11 mil -> 70
    15 mil -> 75
    20 mil -> 82
    27 mil -> 87
    30 mil -> 92
    35 mil -> 95
    42 mil -> 97
    62 mil -> 100

give or take 10 mil
    don't be jealous
    actually be jealous, just don't bother me lol

Comment

So I tried to take someone's advice here and make HQ rings out of the rocks that didn't HQ. Unfortunately, the rate of HQing rings at 53 is about 1/15-20 (with adv. support), which doesn't justify the loss of time and money.
      Just as a bit of a note, something I've noticed and heard is that if you are getting guild support, you will have drastically less HQ results than if you are just going on your own. Advanced Support will help to ensure that your normal synths go well, but it won't do much for helping you to get those coveted HQ synths. At least from my (abet very limited) experience.
      ~~~Rune Grey~~~
      Bard 67/WHM33 Bastok Rank 8
      All AF [x]

Genkai 1 - 4 = Complete!
      Current Zilart Mission=14
      Sky Pass=Obtained!

Comment

cosmic how much did you get back when you sold the claws just wondering what you loss was after making the claws thanks

Comment

Hi all. I've run into a bit of a brick wall levelling goldsmithing and I was hoping to pick your brains on this one.
          I'm a level 52 Goldsmith and right now my options look to be levelling on gold earrings, gold hairpins, or those level 36 rings that no one wants. The rings on my server will net me about a 5-7k loss per synth. The earrings run about even and the hairpins are a 2k loss. The gold seems to be the best way to drag my skill up, but the 64k loss for a botch just kills me!

Please help a struggling taru ^.^

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluid_Mechanik
            Hi all. I've run into a bit of a brick wall levelling goldsmithing and I was hoping to pick your brains on this one.
            I'm a level 52 Goldsmith and right now my options look to be levelling on gold earrings, gold hairpins, or those level 36 rings that no one wants. The rings on my server will net me about a 5-7k loss per synth. The earrings run about even and the hairpins are a 2k loss. The gold seems to be the best way to drag my skill up, but the 64k loss for a botch just kills me!

Please help a struggling taru ^.^

Thank you.
            Way to go, FM. You killed the goldsmithing thread.
            You know I'm right.

Comment

Cant wait to get my copy of those shades "Daenerys."
              By the by, is that name from the "Game of Thrones" series?
              Necrosavant
              DRK60/WAR30
              Goldsmithing 50

Comment

Originally posted by Brothershadow
                Cant wait to get my copy of those shades "Daenerys."
                By the by, is that name from the "Game of Thrones" series?
                Actually these are the bonecrafting shades =). Bonecrafting shades are tinted orange. Goldsmith shades are more like tradition darkened sunglasses.

I started it just because I wanted these, and then happened to just really like the idea of crafting.

And yeah, it is from GoT. Made a lot more sense when I was a dragoon. Shame I couldn't stand the job.
                You know I'm right.

Comment

What an amazing series. Daenerys, the Hound and Arya where my favorites. I'd been The Hound for so long during my time on
                  Phantasy-Star Online I'd figured it was time for a change.
                  My quest for the shades began when noticing a high lvl Japanese
                  player whereing them on an airship trip once. Only 20,000 more points and more gil to the winds ><.
                  Necrosavant
                  DRK60/WAR30
                  Goldsmithing 50

Comment

Not only did I kill the thread... I sent it off topic. Go me.

Seriously though, can anyone offer any sort of advice?

Comment

• Do GoldHairpins.
                      Necrosavant
                      DRK60/WAR30
                      Goldsmithing 50

Comment

• i muddled through to 53 doing gold ingots, then moved onto mythril cuisses which cap @61 so need imagery. 2 mythril sheets, 1 ram leather + fire crystal. only prob on raggy is sheets aren't in huge demand so have to pay more for ingot stack to make the damn sheets =\

results have varied for me so far, i'm 54.9, 53-54.2 went so slow i felt like i spent too much money, 54.2-54.9 i got in about 6 synths so that was all good =\
                        ~Aji

Comment

• hmmm, i think i got through that hump by trying to HQ rocks. Rocks i didnt HQ i would turn into the rings that cap at 55 and just sell them to vendor. Then I think i took someone's advise and made the hydro claws and then i moved to plat ingots with plat beastcoins, then to nuggets. 64.5 now and im making plat earrings, rings, and hydro patas. Stuff sells so slow x.x

Comment

• noone on raggy makes claws i'm assuming there's a more profitable alternative to skill up on =(

considered doing axes but only 3 hydro axes been sold legit; either that or someone paid liek 320k for the wrong item =D

got to 57 with mythril cuisses. 1.5 skillup cost about 210k when you take out selling them to npc/ah. moved onto plat ingots with glasses and imagery. 6/8 were success got skillup on 3 of them for .5 total. it seems like to me everythign i skillup on before a new ingot type (silver, mythril, gold, plat) seems to be quite exp, and then ignots work out nicecly for break even/profit
                            ~Aji

Comment

• My quest for the shades began when noticing a high lvl Japanese
                              player whereing them on an airship trip once. Only 20,000 more points and more gil to the winds ><.
                              At first I wanted the shades, but when I seen a Smither with an Apron, I want that much more, it just look more professional(and cool) when your craftings.
                              "I ain't a killa but don't push me..."

Comment

• goldsmithing 100k item is a goldsmithing apron :D

um.. i think on the claws i lost like 10k per synth or something. i just went to selbina and burned my gils buying them there. If you have someone that can craft those, it will help you immensely and you will save tons of gil.

65.4~ sloowwww torture on plat earrings x.x

Comment

Working...
                                X