Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only reason i didnt mention mining for ore, is because the goldsmithing lvls between 1-20, the price per pickaxe ratio isnt all that good, why spend (at lowest) 180 gil on a pickaxe that most likely will break when copper ore can be bought for 10 gill? Even if you're mining for silver and what not, it's a bit more rare, and most of the time, (from personal experiece) you get mostly Iron, evne with the right mining gear. While that may be good for you smithing skills, Sadly there's not much it can do for goldsmithing, although they bazar quite well.
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?5200

Comment

I'm working on this skill, and its a bit more time consuming thank cooking was, but its more fun with the way the synthing works.

I made copper hairpins, and desynthed them with lightning crystals back and forth and got to lvl 5 this way. I think with a total of 5 copper ingots and a couple stacks of wind crystals and lightning which you can just get from elems if you have atleast a lvl30ish character.

Also, mining in Zerhun mines (if i spelled that correctly) with the copper output compared to the iron output, I'll simply bazaar the iron and make back atleast 15-20k which more than pays for my pickaxes and simply synth any of the copper/zinc/tin that i come across in the mining process to keep my inventory space open.
      raexn:
      http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?9278

shmeeeee:
      http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?23348

Comment

Hi, just leveled this skill last weekend 0-50. Cost nearly a million gil, but the main trick to level fast and high is to synth, desynth, repeat until you have nothing.For example, make silver ingots and save the stacks until you cant skill up anymore, then start aing silver hairpins, then lightning + hairpin will sometimes give you back silver ingots. Keep in mind that desynth has high failure rate but better HQ rate.You will lose a lot of desynth, but with the silver ingots you get back you can synth hairpin again for more skill up. You can also skill up on desynth, but they aren't as common. Also what helps with this is the moghancement for desynth, I just took all furniture down and put that ancient blood in my room.

Comment

Kastel, after spending nearly a million gil - how long will it take for you to get that all back, using goldsmithing? :sweat:

Comment

A very long time... I HQ one skill 20 synth and 1 HQ +2 VIT ring out of like 5 tries on both. Need very high skill in order to make nice money in goldsmithing. I leveled mainly to synth gold ingots on the side whenever I accumulate some beastcoins, and to desynth gold orcmask. If I want money though, will need to go beyond this ^^

Comment

If you HQ a +2 VIT ring, how much profit is that?

Say you made 10 rings, and sold them all, how much profit would that net you? (including any possible failures)

Comment

um.. i think the ring not HQ is like 2000 and cost at least 4000 to make, the HQ was 20K, so say i could HQ even half of 10, that would be 100K easily made from about 20-25K of work.

Much like most crafts, money is in the HQ...

Comment

hmm, so you lose money on making non-HQ rings? ; ;

Comment

Yea on some things u loss money...including the Jeweled Rings ( i.e. Sardonyx Ring +1 str)

Well if u get ur skills up in i think ummmmmm woodworking or something like that......u can make pickaxes and hatchets and stuff
                    Every dead body that is not exterminated, gets up and kills. The people it kills, get
                    up and kill.

DaRk CarNiVal!!!!

<(o_0<) <(o_o)> (>0_o)> (kirby likes to dance)

Bastok Rank 4
                    Others Rank 1

Comment

Goldsmithing update

Goldsmither's Update #1

Havent been crafting realy in depth, or really going at it too much, but i finally managed to hit lvl 19. Still working with silver, as there's a lack of silver supply in AH/Bazars/ and the guild is sorta expensive. I did try experimenting with sabaki rig however, but got many failures, probalby due to my lack of cloth crafting skill. There wasent a good supply of it in bastok at the the time either, so each spool was 500 gill each. >_< After much deliberation and thought, i think I'll just save the ingots, and skip straight to silver Hairpins afterwards. perhaps, they'll sell for a decent price in AH/bazar, or maybe i'll just save them for desynthing at lvl 27 goldsmithing or so. More updates to come later!

-Insanity
                      http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?5200

Comment

What is a Sabaki Rig? :sweat:

Comment

What is a Sabaki Rig?
                          Its a fishing lure. Unique in that it is the only way to catch multiple fish on the same attempt, it's useful for levelling fishing at the early levels, and for a handful of higher level fish up to level 49 Fishing.

Icemage

Comment

Price ranges <on gilgamesh> between 2-4k a rig.......there is also a Rouge Rig...... i am yet to find out with it does.....probably 5 fish at once ........

A great combo for Fishing is Glass Fiber Fishing Rod & Sabaki rig......to pole nvr break on small fish or Rusty Subligars u can start this combo at lvl 0 in fishing and still makegood money

i got 3 stacks of Quus and 2 stacks of Bastore Sardine both go for 800 a stack

800 x 5 = 3k and i got my rig for 2k so im already making profit ^^
                            Every dead body that is not exterminated, gets up and kills. The people it kills, get
                            up and kill.

DaRk CarNiVal!!!!

Bastok Rank 4
                            Others Rank 1

Comment

Rogue rig is similar to sabiki rig, however it can catch ANYTHING. It used to be great for items before 50 skill, but with the rustyed item vendor nerf, its useless before 50. After 50 it can catch any fish anywhere with the exception of maybe the legendary fish.

Comment

what is the "ledendary" fish <not a big fisher>
                                up and kill.

DaRk CarNiVal!!!!

Bastok Rank 4
                                Others Rank 1

Comment

Working...
                                X