Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83, i used chocomilk to get to roughly 73.8 or so, im gunna give the pamama au lait a try too, but i did spend ~70k on choco milk, yuck!! ><
    SAM-44, THF-45, MNK-34, WHM-37, BST-32

Cooking-8x, WW-27

Rank5-Sandy/Bastok

Comment

• I thought the cap for pamama au lait was 83 as well, but i am fairly certain it is 81 now. Once i hit 81, I did 26 consecutive synths with no skill up.

yesterday was full moon firesday and took a shot at chiefkabobs again. My last attempt was at cooking 68 this one was at cooking 80 and here are my results.

12 synths:

7 regular
      4 HQ1
      1 HQ3

so thats 7 stacks of mithkabobs and 3 stacks of chiefkabobs.

Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
      Tiamat O
      Jormungand O
      Vrtra O
      DLord O
      JoL O
      AV X

Comment

• What's the formula for HQ synths anyway?? HQ1 to 3. Just wondering.

Ikari

brave; integritous; commanding
        New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
        75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
        ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

• This is a wonderful listing. ^^ I found it extremely helpful when I decided to (finally!) pick up cooking yesterday. (level 10 already. ^^ V)

The one thing I would comment on is that, with advanced image support, you can take Orange Juice from level 3 clear to level 10. You only need to buy the support from levels 3 to about.. 6.5/7. there were a few more failures than I would have liked, but it's better than making pebble soup, and you can just plant yourself in the guild for a couple hours. ^^

Thanks again for the help! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Llowyn
            you can take Orange Juice from level 3 clear to level 10.
            This is true, however you lose money sticking with orange juice. Xephoid recommends switching to Sliced Sardines asap because you can sell them for a nice profit whereas orange juice is a flat out loss. Both items take you from 6 to 10, but the question is would you rather gain gil from these levels or lose gil. At your level(character level) obviously the loss is negligible, and the time saved from sticking with orange juice might be worth more to you than the gil lost, but for low level players this might not be the case. So for them the best option will be to get off orange juice as soon as possible.

HQ mithkabob synths:

HQ1 6 chiefkabobs
            HQ2 9 chiefkabobs
            HQ3 12 chiefkabobs

Tiamat O
            Jormungand O
            Vrtra O
            DLord O
            JoL O
            AV X

Comment

• Originally posted by JP_Ikari
              What's the formula for HQ synths anyway?? HQ1 to 3. Just wondering.

Ikari
              u use same formula as regular syn's, but getting HQ1 to 3 depends on moon phase/day/skill lvl
              SAM-44, THF-45, MNK-34, WHM-37, BST-32

Cooking-8x, WW-27

Rank5-Sandy/Bastok

Comment

• Great thread but for God's sakes, edit it to be Congratulations lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by D0oM
                  u use same formula as regular syn's, but getting HQ1 to 3 depends on moon phase/day/skill lvl
                  Cool thanks D0oM, i'm at 46 and about to actually be done making Apple Pies without image support, but I wanna make fish kabobs hehe for more defense for me :D.

Ikari

brave; integritous; commanding
                  New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
                  75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
                  ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

• thanks alot for the tips i needed a way to make gil and i making alot now and one thing to help stop the slowing down on things when some people are at high lvls they should just do the most profitable thing at lower lvls and there hindding is lessened and more money is made. I belive that would work because if u do low lvl stuff your skill wont lvl up. Just a thought i should bring up and its my opinin. sry if i spelled that wrong and if it doesnt work could u plz tell me back so i dont do the same mistake! lol

:p

Comment

• Just a little tid bit. I know mysterytour and alla both say pamama au lait goes to 83, but I hit 81 and didn't get a skill up at all for like 25+ synths. Might have just been bad luck, might be capped at 81...I don't know. Switched up to pumpkin pies and got .5 skill in a stack of ingredients w/ 0 fails (gotta love lightday^^). Anyone have any idea what sells well post-85? I often see rolanberry pies in bazaars, and just the other day saw a person loaded with persikos au lait. Dunno if they sell though ; ;.
                      Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
                      Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

• pamama capped for me at 81 as well. I don't understand the apeal of rolandberry pies for mages, but they sell well enough. I'm going to try periskos though once i get done with pumpkin. Only having to gather 4 ingredients easily makes up for the fact that it doesn't stack imo.

And does anyone know the cooking skill level of Red Curry? Not that i can afford Dragon meat or anything but i would like to know.

Tiamat O
                        Jormungand O
                        Vrtra O
                        DLord O
                        JoL O
                        AV X

Comment

• Heh, I don't get the appeal of Rolanberry Pies over Pumpkin Pies, either - the Rolanberry pies don't stack, and they're not THAT much better than the Pumpkin ones.

BTW, what are the HQ2 and HQ3 results on Apple Pies? Is it just 6 and 8 Apple Pie +1s, or are there actual Apple Pie +2/+3s out there?
                          mnk26 / rdm16 / blm7 / war5

Comment

• Mysterytour only lists HQ1 for apple pies, so I'd assume there is a single HQ possibility.
                            Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
                            Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

• Great Help !!!!

I only have 1 Question? About how much money did you need or in fact any one here need to get to the levels that you are all in? I am currently lvl 3 in cooking but haven't really put all my time into it (have mostly been fishing). Please let me know so that I may save up enough to start back up with my cooking.

Thanks, "Daballer" Quatzelcoatl Server

Comment

• Thank you, very good guide.

I was following this last night from 7 to 13 in no time.

Strange thing though. I was doing Sliced Sardines but at 10 I gave up on them and moved to Sliced Cod at 10. Mainly because I figured I should try for the higher skill item since I was breaking so many crystals and losing sardines.

Here the strange part kicks in. Not one broken crystal or failed synth on the Sliced Cod. I skilled super fast on it, from 10 to 13 in no time. 1 stack of wind & cod was 1 skill point. This was all within the same Vana day that I gave up on Sardines due to failures.

Also Sliced Cod was nice, sells on AH for 900 a stack (very slow), sells to Guild for 768 (64each), and at fame 3 sold to NPC for 624 (52each) a stack.

Comment

Working...
                                X