Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alot of recipies can substitue bird eggs in place of lizard eggs, however it raises the synth cap by 2 levels.

I dunno how well sandorian tea sells, but pear au lait is much cheaper to make in materials. Caps at 73.
    Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
    Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

• Originally posted by AzzHauler
      Alot of recipies can substitue bird eggs in place of lizard eggs, however it raises the synth cap by 2 levels.

I dunno how well sandorian tea sells, but pear au lait is much cheaper to make in materials. Caps at 73.
      so do u think i'll be able to make those at my lvl right now ?

or should i hit 69 first ?
      Crafting:
      95 cooking +1
      Apron obtained
      Fishing 25 and goin up X)

Eqp.
      Black belt
      Alkyounes Braclets
      Scorpion Harness...
      Rasetsu Samue +1
      peacock charm
      Vishun's Cesti
      Avenger's Earrings..
      Byakko's Haidate
      Suzuaku's Sunate
      Amemet mantle +1

LS:
      OpenThePonkkiki
      Friendlyfire

Comment

• Pear au lait might be a bit of a stretch at 67. It would be good imo if windurst has derfland on your server, so you can get pears in win cheap and get adv support. You can pick up the milk in the country that has zulkhiem, and honey in ah or farm giddeus. And it caps at 72 not 73 sorry ><.

As to post 72, I tried chocomilk, and it sells slower than a snowblower in southern Texas on a July afternoon....that's slow . Anywho, did some checking and Navarin's seem to sell well in jeuno, however it's a soup, so like the pear au lait it doesn't stack. It also has 8 ingredients ><, most are cheap through npc's though. Looks like it might break even, but you'll lose on failures. Caps at 77. I'm gonna make abatch now and see where it goes....

Comment

• i was at 67 and i got it to 68 with 2 breaks*i think* out of 2 stacks of pears..*too lazy to do math*

yes...windurst controls derfland..very pleasing im trying to get to 75 as soon as possible

Crafting:
          95 cooking +1
          Apron obtained

Eqp.
          Black belt
          Alkyounes Braclets
          Scorpion Harness...
          Rasetsu Samue +1
          peacock charm
          Vishun's Cesti
          Avenger's Earrings..
          Byakko's Haidate
          Suzuaku's Sunate
          Amemet mantle +1

LS:
          OpenThePonkkiki
          Friendlyfire

Comment

• I just recently attained lvl 47 cooking and ive tried about 3 stack of items to try and make my very own steamed crab and not one has come out hq.....

Can anyone tell me about how many levels about the cap would you see significant HQ synths? and are there any other things i can do to improve the % of this happening?

DRG 57 PLD 53 DRK 30 THF 15 SAM 27

Comment

• Wow, thanks to this guide I can stop worrying about making it to 39 before i can start making Mith Kabobs. Well just curious, where do you guys farm your cocktrice meats?? I'm hearing that most Cocktrices are under-checked for their levels since they can Petrify and do some nasty ass damage. I also heard that you can steal off the Sauro Tigers for the meats, I was told this by my JPN friend and also checked mystery tour for it, and from their mob list, it states that you can steal Cocktrice meats off of the Sauro tigers. With that in mind do you guys know where a lot of them spawns?? And is it safe for a 37PLD/18War and a 37Mnk/18THF to camp these tigers??? Sorry for a lot of questions, I'm just curious since everyone has been so helpful with me in these boards that I'm glad I went here .

Ikari

P.S. Hey Cliff, for some reason I got lucky off a HQ Crab meats during Firesday, I'm also hearing all synths have a chance of scoring HQ's on Lightsday as well. I think a few posts back, someone posted their chances of scoring HQ's (i think it was about Chief kabobs).

brave; integritous; commanding
              New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
              75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
              ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

• I hadn't heard about being able to steal cockatrice meat of the tigers in sauro, and the only place I've seen tigers in sauro is the area for the rng quest where there's maybe 4 tigers. I know I've stolen land crab meat from the tigers in batallia. I can't imagine the tigers to be too hard for a pair of 37's, but they are close and can link. At 53DRK, the axe beak's in meriphataude mountains are easy to farm, but too spread out to go fast. Tabar beaks in sauro are spread out just as bad, and harder...not quite easy to farm fast for me. I've seen higher level people in onzozo farming the cockatrices there, but thats way too much for me to solo, I think I saw a war and a rdm in all af tag-teaming them.

I synthed a stack of Navarin the other day and got 0.1 skill out of it. Had 3 failures I think. Can't make anymore yet because the insane amount of n00bs in yuhtunga have given elshimo lowlands to the beastmen on a silver platter, so I can't buy black pepper any where and all ah's are sold out ><. Tried gardening it, but my server has gone down and by the time I get back I think the plants will be dead....

Comment

• Originally posted by AzzHauler
                  I hadn't heard about being able to steal cockatrice meat of the tigers in sauro, and the only place I've seen tigers in sauro is the area for the rng quest where there's maybe 4 tigers. I know I've stolen land crab meat from the tigers in batallia. I can't imagine the tigers to be too hard for a pair of 37's, but they are close and can link. At 53DRK, the axe beak's in meriphataude mountains are easy to farm, but too spread out to go fast. Tabar beaks in sauro are spread out just as bad, and harder...not quite easy to farm fast for me. I've seen higher level people in onzozo farming the cockatrices there, but thats way too much for me to solo, I think I saw a war and a rdm in all af tag-teaming them.

I synthed a stack of Navarin the other day and got 0.1 skill out of it. Had 3 failures I think. Can't make anymore yet because the insane amount of n00bs in yuhtunga have given elshimo lowlands to the beastmen on a silver platter, so I can't buy black pepper any where and all ah's are sold out ><. Tried gardening it, but my server has gone down and by the time I get back I think the plants will be dead....
                  Thanks for the Info Azz, I'm thinking since we're going to farm those tigers, we might as well do the quest, but I heard hella people are camping there too ; ;. Oh well, I guess i'm gonna have to cough up 13k-15k for stacks, hopefully they sell fast.

We seem to have the same problem in Garuda too about having Elshimo being Beastie controlled, Yutunga is beginning to look like Qufim where everyone is giving it to the Beastmen (in Garuda server, Qufim seems to be always beast controlled ; ; ).

Ikari

Comment

• Been a while since we had a post ~^. Used all the pepper I had and made it to 74 on Navarin. The stuff sells pretty well, just a pita to get the materials and it takes a lot of inv space. Took a whack at pamama au lait, 9 levels under cap. Not too terribly bad failure rate, and the profit on sales paid for any losses. Just another inv pig so that's slowing me down. 76 and chugging along. Looks potentially pricey after 83.

Comment

• Well ive taken about a month off leveling cooking. The semester ended and I decided to take the abundance of time i had to level my character and pick up some ranks. But now ive hit 50 and am desperately looking for ways to procrastinate doing genkai 1.

So i found myself at lv72. I wanted to try Blackened Newt because there are so few ingredients for it, but this is completely unfeasible, as Elshimo newts are impossible to come by in the volume you need for leveling. Under purrrrfect's sugestion i took a look at Navarin, but i don't like that either, because of the royal pain in the rear it is to level on something that has 8 different ingredients. I liked the choco milk suggestion better because at least 4 of the ingredients are the same.

well choco milk is expensive as hell(prices approximated due to market fluxuation):

Fire crystal: 150
                      kukuru beanx4: 600
                      maple sugar:50
                      milk:60
                      water:10
                      honey:150

total:1020

thats per synth. It does not sell well as has been mentioned, and the npc buy price is 270. That is a loss of 750gil per synth.

but,

After some web research i was pleasantly surprised to discover that kukuru beans are as inexpensive and as fast a grow as you will find.

earth pot + grain seed + ice crystal = 15-20 kukuru beans

The grow takes 3 days, and on my first try out of 3 pots i got 4 stacks of kukuru beans on the money. Grain seeds are 100 gil each. Ice crystals are 100 gil each. So thats 48 kukuru beans for 600 gil, or approx 13 gil per bean.

I don't know about you guys, but it seems like nearly every other synth i do i need honey, and i am so sick of going to buy honey and finding that the cheapest i can get it at is 2000gil a stack. Well as we all know from mystery tour you can synth honey from beehive chips and it is lv12 synth, but i had ruled this out as an option because beehive chips are significantly more expensive than honey. I mean thats like a medevil backasswards alchemist trying to turn platnum into gold.

Well i was farming in rollenberry when i pulled a linked wasp off of a low level. After killing it the wasp dropped 1 honey and 1 beehive chip, and at that moment its like this big halogin light bulb went off in my head. I never even had considered farming for honey past lv10, I mean why waste my time when in lv50 when there is much more profitable things to farm, but in fifteen minutes i had about 5 honeys and 4 beehive chips. I went to my MH grabbed a leftover wind crystal and got HQ2 synth of 9 honeys. The reason I think this is a viable option for getting honey, is because the farming spot is just outside jeuno and you can farm lfg, and not have to waste CP on a warp scroll. For me that is a nice convienience.

So with my new material acquisition method choco milk now costs:

fire crystal: 150
                      kukuru beanx4:50
                      maple sugar:50
                      milk:60
                      water:10
                      honey:10

total: 330
                      npc price:270

loss per synth: 60 gil

which to me is worth not having to sell stuff over the AH.

Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
                      Tiamat O
                      Jormungand O
                      Vrtra O
                      DLord O
                      JoL O
                      AV X

Comment

• Oh yeah I didn't mention that part. Farm the honey in Giddeus. Take your /thf, buy some field gear & sickles at the catalyst shop in winwaters, and head on out. You'll get all the honey you'll need. You also get a mountain of the chips, which I had initially tried synthing also, but the value of the honey results was not more than the chips+crystals, so I sell the crystals. On Cerberus they go up to 500 more per stack in bastok. In Giddeus, you run around terrorizing the bees, and tabbing around looking for harvesting spots. Now a lot of harvest items are not worth very much, but there are also quite a few valuable ones. Mugwort is the top dog there 6k each on cerberus, not a fast seller, but not a fast harvest either. I'm waiting for my stack to sell... Other notables to keep are saruta cotton, wijnruit, flax flower. Anything bees drop is good to keep, except insect wings. I generally average ~20-30k of materials a trip, usually 1.5-2 hours I guess. Like everything else, competition can hurt your $/hr rate.

Comment

• With me slacking off for a few synths in between and trying to haul my butt to 41, after I finally getting 41, I decided to go back and level my cooking. And I finally made it to 38.5 LOL. I am happy in making mithkabobs now and can't wait to get higher. Thanks to this guide and everyone that has contributed towards it.

Ikari

Comment

• i'v been camping qull the shell buster for about 3 hours and iv got so many elshimo newt...i think if u get ur stuff go there and farm a lil it should be below you're cost..

and how about making orange kuchen ? they sell well on bahamut i dont know about other servers...iv seen a high lv jp making crap load of em to lv i guess..and ingridents are not hard either..

.2 cents
                            Crafting:
                            95 cooking +1
                            Apron obtained

Eqp.
                            Black belt
                            Alkyounes Braclets
                            Scorpion Harness...
                            Rasetsu Samue +1
                            peacock charm
                            Vishun's Cesti
                            Avenger's Earrings..
                            Byakko's Haidate
                            Suzuaku's Sunate
                            Amemet mantle +1

LS:
                            OpenThePonkkiki
                            Friendlyfire

Comment

• Hmm im at lvl 55 cooking now ( go me~) anyways i was wondering before i started cooking again was should i start making stone cheese at lvl 55? or is that a bit of a stretch? also to save.... maybe earn money, does anyone know a location of a dark element spawn in beacdine glacier or xarcabard? ive been lookin all over the place and havent found a single element yet, also while passing through rangumont pass i noticed dark element weather in there but i cant confirm if theres an actuall element there because i always forget to bring my rng sub instead of my normal thf sub for farming.. thanks =)
                              DRG 57 PLD 53 DRK 30 THF 15 SAM 27

Comment

• Originally posted by Clifford
                                Hmm im at lvl 55 cooking now ( go me~) anyways i was wondering before i started cooking again was should i start making stone cheese at lvl 55? or is that a bit of a stretch? also to save.... maybe earn money, does anyone know a location of a dark element spawn in beacdine glacier or xarcabard? ive been lookin all over the place and havent found a single element yet, also while passing through rangumont pass i noticed dark element weather in there but i cant confirm if theres an actuall element there because i always forget to bring my rng sub instead of my normal thf sub for farming.. thanks =)
                                I'm not sure about dark elementals, evertime i have been through rangumont it has been double ice, but i did get several stacks of dark crystals leveling off of antica in quicksand caves. At 53 you might be 1 or 2 levels too high for them though. Wish i could be more help ; ;

Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
                                Tiamat O
                                Jormungand O
                                Vrtra O
                                DLord O
                                JoL O
                                AV X

Comment

Working...
                                X