Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if there is a Bastokan NPC for the Aragoneu region that has the Horo Flour for the sardine balls? Windurst just lost the region and the NPC closed shop on me ><. Or does anything drop the flour there?
    Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
    Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

Oggodett
      Bastok Markets (I - 9)

Sells:
      Horo Flour
      Millioncorn
      Roasted Corn
      Yagudo Feather
      Sunflower Seeds

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=1349#

Comment

thank you for this great guide...

i would like to contribute something for this topic...

im at lvl 21 right now and i wanted to make the insect balls but i couldnt...too much failures and id make 3 out of 12 trys...

so i would say from 20-21 or 22 if it works...make this one its really much cheaper and u can synth it ur self...

fire + selbina butter *u can make this by now i assume* + pototo = baked pototo

raises up ur skill like hell..

im thinking about hitting at least 35 this week..the best thing i got my friend a full fishing gear so he fish all the time and i cook all the time.. he gets to fish and pass the moat carps to me..i get to grill the fish and cook him the bait...

works :spin:
        Crafting:
        95 cooking +1
        Apron obtained
        Fishing 25 and goin up X)

Eqp.
        Black belt
        Alkyounes Braclets
        Scorpion Harness...
        Rasetsu Samue +1
        peacock charm
        Vishun's Cesti
        Avenger's Earrings..
        Byakko's Haidate
        Suzuaku's Sunate
        Amemet mantle +1

LS:
        OpenThePonkkiki
        Friendlyfire

Comment

***Clincher***

Ok, so I finally managed to save some gil (about40k) and decided to work my cooking skill up again from 44.

Spent about 2 nights roughtly (only played maybe 6 hours each night) and got my skill up to 52 from 44.

I started out with 12 stacks of fire crystals and had 3 stacks left over when I finally hit 50. Apple pies took me all the way to 50 too, hehe. I crafted on Light Day, Fire Day, and Water Day and the moon was at 18%. I was able to get my skill from 44 to 48 within those few days, starting out. I went to Windurst and got Cooking Imagery and worked apple pies to 48 using Lizard Eggs. Gains were solid and steady, I was very satisfied. 0.2 gains were not too hard to come by either.

The next night, I worked the same three days again: Light, Fire, and Water. (Fire for no particular reason except that I wanted to work on it. It didn't really help or hurt my gains that I could notice.) I worked Apple Pie using Bird Eggs (which by the way, you can buy bird eggs at the AirShip stores in each of the three major cities for about 50gil/egg.) My gains again were good, but slightly a little slower than the night previously. I used cooking imagery all the way.

It wasn't hard at all, nor was it much of any headache. I enjoyed it.

After I was done, I decided that I wanted to work cooking to 52, so I took my remaining fire crystals and bought batagreens from the cooking guild in Windurst to make Batagreen Sautee. (I could not find another place that sold batagreens, not even the AH x_X.) I worked them on Lightning and Light day. The gains were pretty slow at first, I was only able to get from 50 to 50.8 with three stacks of crystals. I also lost money since I had to resell the batagreen sautee to the vendors. I didn't think it would sell quickly on the AH at all. I lost roughly about 2k per stack, so 6k.

I proceeded to not stop there and just use some of my remaining money to work cooking to 52. So I bought 5 more stacks of fire crystals and used them all up til about 3 crystals left and got cooking to 52. The gains seemed to be slow, much slower than making apple pies. But I didn't mind. I was just glad I got cooking to 52. I still lost money however, again 2k per stack. My days working may have had something to do with the skill increases. I do know that the moon was at 32% ish when I was working at the time.

At any rate, I did some reading up on the foods you can make after 52, and I'm not hopefull about the future of crafting beyond this point. Everything basically takes fire crystals and looks expensive to make and work. It looks to me like the rate will go slower and depend more heavily on how much gil I have on hand. I'm going to continue to read around for tips on working cooking past 52, but for the moment, it looks pretty grim. X_X

[b]

Goodbye everyone.

Comment

i'm in the same level as you are

Originally posted by SonikU4ia
            ***Clincher***

Ok, so I finally managed to save some gil (about40k) and decided to work my cooking skill up again from 44.

Spent about 2 nights roughtly (only played maybe 6 hours each night) and got my skill up to 52 from 44.

I started out with 12 stacks of fire crystals and had 3 stacks left over when I finally hit 50. Apple pies took me all the way to 50 too, hehe. I crafted on Light Day, Fire Day, and Water Day and the moon was at 18%. I was able to get my skill from 44 to 48 within those few days, starting out. I went to Windurst and got Cooking Imagery and worked apple pies to 48 using Lizard Eggs. Gains were solid and steady, I was very satisfied. 0.2 gains were not too hard to come by either.

The next night, I worked the same three days again: Light, Fire, and Water. (Fire for no particular reason except that I wanted to work on it. It didn't really help or hurt my gains that I could notice.) I worked Apple Pie using Bird Eggs (which by the way, you can buy bird eggs at the AirShip stores in each of the three major cities for about 50gil/egg.) My gains again were good, but slightly a little slower than the night previously. I used cooking imagery all the way.

It wasn't hard at all, nor was it much of any headache. I enjoyed it.

After I was done, I decided that I wanted to work cooking to 52, so I took my remaining fire crystals and bought batagreens from the cooking guild in Windurst to make Batagreen Sautee. (I could not find another place that sold batagreens, not even the AH x_X.) I worked them on Lightning and Light day. The gains were pretty slow at first, I was only able to get from 50 to 50.8 with three stacks of crystals. I also lost money since I had to resell the batagreen sautee to the vendors. I didn't think it would sell quickly on the AH at all. I lost roughly about 2k per stack, so 6k.

I proceeded to not stop there and just use some of my remaining money to work cooking to 52. So I bought 5 more stacks of fire crystals and used them all up til about 3 crystals left and got cooking to 52. The gains seemed to be slow, much slower than making apple pies. But I didn't mind. I was just glad I got cooking to 52. I still lost money however, again 2k per stack. My days working may have had something to do with the skill increases. I do know that the moon was at 32% ish when I was working at the time.

At any rate, I did some reading up on the foods you can make after 52, and I'm not hopefull about the future of crafting beyond this point. Everything basically takes fire crystals and looks expensive to make and work. It looks to me like the rate will go slower and depend more heavily on how much gil I have on hand. I'm going to continue to read around for tips on working cooking past 52, but for the moment, it looks pretty grim. X_X
            Yeah, I haven't leveled my cooking past 52, partly because I'm leveling my subs, partly because the skill gain like you mentioned really really slowed down. Use to gain a level for every 1-2 stacks of crystals (12-24 syn), now it's more like 3-4 stacks for a level. And the cost of syn is going up, no more easy cheap earth crystal syns that can level you.

I have given some thought to what to cook at 52. At that level, everything up to 59 should be doable with image support. But most of the things doesn't seem to sell well or at least not desirable or cost effective. One thing possible is yagudo drinks. This does sell fast. Unfortunatly, I did a little calculation, it's not a money maker. On cerebrus, you break even if you succeed 100%, which probably won't happen when you are skilling up. But at least it's not a big money loser. Also, it doesn't stack... so you can't make 100 at a time and put them all up in the AH. You got to be patient and make a dozen at a time, and sell it off before making more. It caps at 56.

At 56, the thing that strikes me is melon pie. Haven't looked too much into it, but if it's anything like apple pie (melon pie is just an higher up version of teh apple pie), then mages should buy them a lot. So it looks promising. And that caps at 61.

Anothing thing you might want to consider at 56 is stone cheese. It looks like it's extremely cheap to make. But not sure if it's gonna be able to break even or not. Hell, I might even just give it shot from Lv 52 since all it takes is Dark crystal + 1 selbina milk + 1 rock salt = 4 cheese. It's a long shot, but it might actually more than break even.... who knows.

Comment

Great thread! I've worked through this guide to lvl 50 in about 2 weeks of off and on playing. Thanks alot.

I do have one correction though: Pie Dough caps at 42 not 43, so I started Apple Pie at 42.1. I had quite a high failure rate in level 42, but also had a high skill up rate, so I didn't mind.

Thanks again. If I can find an easy path past 52 I'll post it here.
              75BST 75BLU 40BLM 40DRK 38WHM 37RDM 37NIN 37THF 20WAR
              99.1 Cooking / 20 Alchemy / 15 Woodworking
              Asura Hume LS=Illuminaire
              FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Page
              FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Cooking Guide

Comment

I can second that Pie Dough caps at 42 and not 43 as you have in the guide.
                75 White Mage
                75 Ninja

Comment

To clarify, Yagudo Drink caps at 60, and Lizard Egg Melon Pies cap at 62, while the Bird Egg versions cap at 64.

Comment

thanks for the correction

edited for correction and update.

Comment

this guide is indeed very good. i have a minor thing you might consider adding, because it is driving me nuts trying to find it!

does anyone know where i can get my hands on a list of what is required for each exam? i seem to have gotten the exam for level 48 and not paid attention. doh! now i cant get skillups, and i dont know what item he wants.

can anyone help? what should i give him at level 48?

thanks so much

Comment

test for 50

not 100% positive, but pretty sure that Lv 50 test was apple pie.

Comment

50 was the apple pie for me.
                          Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
                          Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

next time you forget, you can also talk to the guild master npc again.

and, thanks for the guide. =3

--Jinni, cooking 54.9
                            war25 whm40 blm75 rdm41 thf45 nin42

Comment

I broke even making stone cheese from lvl57-60 selling it back to npcs
                              75DRK/75BRD/42WHM/40WAR/40THF/40BLM/37NIN/30BST/24SAM/15MNK
                              -RETIRED-

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?7810

Comment

Ok I'm at cooking level 14. I started making Selbina Butter from 12-14.

Now it's slowing down a bit. Should I keep making these at 20 or is there another recipe to get to 20?

Comment

Working...
                                X