This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clifford
    Hmm im at lvl 55 cooking now ( go me~) anyways i was wondering before i started cooking again was should i start making stone cheese at lvl 55? or is that a bit of a stretch
    I started stone cheese at 55 I believe, skilled well, but doesn't sell at all as far as I could tell. Selling to npc resulted in a loss. I had a post about it a page or 2 back. I'd say either do yagudo drink(slow leveling, no loss) or stone cheese(fast leveling, money loss).
    Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
    Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

• Originally posted by AzzHauler

I started stone cheese at 55 I believe, skilled well, but doesn't sell at all as far as I could tell. Selling to npc resulted in a loss. I had a post about it a page or 2 back. I'd say either do yagudo drink(slow leveling, no loss) or stone cheese(fast leveling, money loss).
      With high fame you should break even on stone cheese. The synth costs about 300 and the cheese sells for about 70, but what alot of people forget is that each synth gives you 4 cheeses so you sell the full synth back to npcs for 280. losing 20 gil per synth is really not that bad. There were some posts about it on page 6 of this thread.

Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
      Tiamat O
      Jormungand O
      Vrtra O
      DLord O
      JoL O
      AV X

Comment

• 3rd straight time in a row Elshimo Lowlands in Beastman control ><

Lord almighty do i hate going all the way to khazam for my pamamas.

Tiamat O
        Jormungand O
        Vrtra O
        DLord O
        JoL O
        AV X

Comment

• Well if i can find where a dark element spawns you can actually make money >_< and level fast, but i still cant find one
          DRG 57 PLD 53 DRK 30 THF 15 SAM 27

Comment

• Interesting concept about stealing meat off the tigers, both in Batallia and in Sauromugue Champaign.

But question: What is it like stealing land crab meat or cockatrice meat off the tigers?

The way I see it, you can only steal once every 5 minutes. There is 60 minutes in an hour, so in essence you can only farm like 12 pieces, which would be 1 stack exactly. What is the stealing rate off tigers in Batt & Saur like? Is it hard? Does one miss quite often?

I've noticed, (however, my thief is only lvl 32), that when the thief gets the hide skill at later levels (can't remember which), he can basically steal or mug a monster then go hide and the monster drops aggro off the thief. If a person was to get their stealing up pretty high or something with equipment and of a sufficient level (something high enough to have hide and mug hehe), you could do some nice little farming of cockatrice meat and land crab meat off the tigers. However, I'm not sure if hiding would really drop the aggro off a monster that cons easy prey or above to you. Can anyone confirm this?

Thus, you can basically make money off farming Land Crab Meat or Cockatrice meat from the Tigers and come out a winner.

If anyone can confirm my suspicions on the stealing rate (whether its really good and you can be assured to get good returns, either being a high level or using steal+ equip), then I think some of us have it made :D.

[b]

Goodbye everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonikU4ia
              Interesting concept about stealing meat off the tigers, both in Batallia and in Sauromugue Champaign.

But question: What is it like stealing land crab meat or cockatrice meat off the tigers?

The way I see it, you can only steal once every 5 minutes. There is 60 minutes in an hour, so in essence you can only farm like 12 pieces, which would be 1 stack exactly. What is the stealing rate off tigers in Batt & Saur like? Is it hard? Does one miss quite often?

I've noticed, (however, my thief is only lvl 32), that when the thief gets the hide skill at later levels (can't remember which), he can basically steal or mug a monster then go hide and the monster drops aggro off the thief. If a person was to get their stealing up pretty high or something with equipment and of a sufficient level (something high enough to have hide and mug hehe), you could do some nice little farming of cockatrice meat and land crab meat off the tigers. However, I'm not sure if hiding would really drop the aggro off a monster that cons easy prey or above to you. Can anyone confirm this?

Thus, you can basically make money off farming Land Crab Meat or Cockatrice meat from the Tigers and come out a winner.

If anyone can confirm my suspicions on the stealing rate (whether its really good and you can be assured to get good returns, either being a high level or using steal+ equip), then I think some of us have it made :D.
              Yes, I'm pretty sure you can do this once you get your THF up but it is a complete waste of time. If you are going to get your THF up, just go to oztroja with your AF and JSE ring and a rabbit charm and steal a gold beastcoin every 5 minutes, then hide to shake the hate.

stealing 1 stack of cockatrice meat in 1 hour

is less than

stealing 1 stack of gold beastcoins in 1 hour, selling it for 90k, and buying 4 stacks of cockatrice meat, and having 10k leftover.

Tiamat O
              Jormungand O
              Vrtra O
              DLord O
              JoL O
              AV X

Comment

• Is using the Roasted Corn synth for the first early levels a better idea? I heard its easier and costs less.

1x Fire Crystal
                1x Millocorn

Can anyone tell me if this is good and what level to stop at? I'm 1 cooking.. Heh ^^ Trying to get started.
                59 MNK|30 WAR

Comment

• follow the guide riv, thats what alot of us have done and it worked well, i belive corn stops about 3-5ish,

also about stealing from bata tigers, while i've never tried it, u could also farm them for fangs for sandorai fame at the same time, i usually do it while waiting for pt's, or before linkshelle vents, i'm sure we've all had those times. an hour till an event, but not enough time to start anything really productive. also stuff in bata will take weaponskills to about 100 if your bored
                  March 23 2004, a day that will live in infamy.
                  Use search, or deal with assholes like me

Comment

• Originally posted by Zafron

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can do this once you get your THF up but it is a complete waste of time. If you are going to get your THF up, just go to oztroja with your AF and JSE ring and a rabbit charm and steal a gold beastcoin every 5 minutes, then hide to shake the hate.

stealing 1 stack of cockatrice meat in 1 hour

is less than

stealing 1 stack of gold beastcoins in 1 hour, selling it for 90k, and buying 4 stacks of cockatrice meat, and having 10k leftover.
                    Zafron, I think you are wonderful.

Thank you for the education. :D! I am going to go level THF right now.

Excellent tip!

[b]

Goodbye everyone.

Comment

• Just got up to 73 cooking this last weekend, and have been trying Chocomilk for skillups - I believe their cap is around 79.

Anyone have any other viable suggestions? These don't stack, don't sell as often as I would like, and UGH I'll end up with hundreds at the rate my skillups are going ><
                      Legacy of Cid Forums

Comment

• im at 68 atm

ive heard a good path was pear au lait to 72, then orange kuchen till 80. from the looks of materials for orange kuchen, it doesnt look too expensive. anyways, at lv80-95 you'll be making all your lost money back. Pumpkin pies + rolanberry pies + tonosama's, need i say more??!!

either way, imo, if u run low on gil, u could just keep above 50k, buy 2 stacks of everything for meats, syn em, im sure your get several HQ's at 70+.

im not rly worried about how much gil i spend, cuz u'll all get it back, by HQ'd food or pies or w/e.
                        SAM-44, THF-45, MNK-34, WHM-37, BST-32

Cooking-8x, WW-27

Rank5-Sandy/Bastok

Comment

• Originally posted by Deedlit
                          Just got up to 73 cooking this last weekend, and have been trying Chocomilk for skillups - I believe their cap is around 79.

Anyone have any other viable suggestions? These don't stack, don't sell as often as I would like, and UGH I'll end up with hundreds at the rate my skillups are going ><
                          Originally posted by D0om
                          ive heard a good path was pear au lait to 72, then orange kuchen till 80. from the looks of materials for orange kuchen, it doesnt look too expensive. anyways, at lv80-95 you'll be making all your lost money back. Pumpkin pies + rolanberry pies + tonosama's, need i say more??!!
                          Pamama au lait you two. Start when your cooking is 74. Every sucessfull synth sells for 300% profit, and it sells fast.

Tiamat O
                          Jormungand O
                          Vrtra O
                          DLord O
                          JoL O
                          AV X

Comment

• can u do pamama au lait at 71.4? i cant find anything to skill-up on, everything costs like 10x what it sells for ><

i tried the oranger kuchen, but i fail 75% of the time...

i guess ill try the pamama now lol

Cooking-8x, WW-27

Rank5-Sandy/Bastok

Comment

• oops 2x post ><

Cooking-8x, WW-27

Rank5-Sandy/Bastok

Comment

• Originally posted by Zafron

Pamama au lait you two. Start when your cooking is 74. Every sucessfull synth sells for 300% profit, and it sells fast.
                                Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try tonight. Anyone know offhand what it caps at?
                                Legacy of Cid Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X