Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How day of week effect the synthesizing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is an age-old thread, but I recently stumbled upon something rather interesting. I have no idea if it's true or not, but interesting just the same.

The direction you face might have something to do with your sucess rates, skill ups, and HQ rate.

This is a celestial map that you can see during a particular Windurst mission. As you see, the main star of each of the main constellations is positioned in 8 exact positions (N, NW, W, SW, S, etc).

This is extreme speculation but, if say, crafing with a fire crystal, it might be more benefitial somehow (no clue how) to face the red star in the constellation of Ifrit.

We know from how sneak attack/trick attack works that the game does know which direction you're facing, so it could indeed be one of the many variables that come into play.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Gatts - PLD75/WAR37
    and you call your self a canadian

PiNG broke my sig and all I got was this T-shirt.

Comment

elements, moon phases, etc may all indeed play a role in synths. however, the effects of this falls far behind the power of chance.

One of my LS members noted that he took data of HQs while synthing carrot broth in december '03 (when you could profit off the HQ), saying that moon phases and days of the week did jack to the results. I was a bit skeptical, so I've been taking data of my nebimonite ink synths over the last month or so. While I don't have enough data to say that moonphases have no effect (though I highly doubt it), I can say for sure that the days of the week did nothing to increase the odds of a HQ. Theoretically, if the days of the week affected it, any wkday other than darksday should see a fair hit in synth success/hq rate as ink synthesis uses dark crystals.

If you'd like to believe in phases and weekdays for synthesis (exempting fishing), go ahead; I still do try to do skillups on certain moonphases as well if they cost a lot of money. Then again, I did do 25 runs on lancewood lumber for only +.4 to woodwork... Oh, the pain.

I'll post the excel sheet up if anyone cares to see it.

Comment

I'm interested in what lvl you were compared to the synth. Apparently moonphases and days only matter significantly if you are between 31-50 lvls above the synth. If you are 0-30 or 51-100 lvls above the synth it is thought that these do not play into your HQ much at all and you will hover around 10% for 0-30 and hover around 50% for 51-100.

Comment

do image supports and +guild skill gear affect HQ? Do they help or hold you back?
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

As far as my experience with weekdays the only noticable effect I've seen is between Lights day and Darks day. If the cyrstal I use and the item is a synthesis then Lightsday Improved my odds quite a bit on it. If the crystal I use and the item is a desynthasis then Darksday Improved my odds quite a bit on it.

I'm still skeptical about Moon Phase, mostly because if it is accurate then Earthsday, Windsay, Lightningsday, and Darksday has a period were it never gets the New Moon or Full Moon Phase bonus.

Firesday with moon phases gets:
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 0%
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 10%
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 0%
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 10%
            Full Moon 95%

Earthsday gets:
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 7%
            Full Moon -- (Skipped)
            New Moon 2%
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 7%
            Full Moon -- (Skipped)
            New Moon 2%

Watersday gets:
            Full Moon 100%
            New Moon 5%
            Full Moon 90%
            New Moon 5%
            Full Moon 100%
            New Moon 5%
            Full Moon 90%
            New Moon 5%

Windsay gets:
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 2%
            Full Moon 93%
            New Moon -- (Skipped)
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 2%
            Full Moon 93%
            New Moon -- (Skipped)

Iceday gets:
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 0%
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 10%
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 0%
            Full Moon 95%
            New Moon 10%
            Full Moon 95%

Lightningsday gets:
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 7%
            Full Moon -- (Skipped)
            New Moon 2%
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 7%
            Full Moon -- (Skipped)
            New Moon 2%

Lightsday gets:
            Full Moon 100%
            New Moon 5%
            Full Moon 90%
            New Moon 5%
            Full Moon 100%
            New Moon 5%
            Full Moon 90%
            New Moon 5%

Darksday gets:
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 2%
            Full Moon 93%
            New Moon -- (Skipped)
            Full Moon 98%
            New Moon 2%
            Full Moon 93%
            New Moon -- (Skipped)

As that shows that mean 4 elements 3 of which I know many crafts have heavy use of miss out on a moon phase. This directly defies that 3 of the other crystals getting 100% and 0% are also used heavily by other crafts. The Moon Phase just seems to lopsided to be equally harnessed by each craft.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Found this pic a while ago, can someone please explain it for me?
              Crafting.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by neero
                Found this pic a while ago, can someone please explain it for me?
                Crafting.jpg
                That's an intresting pic.......

What it's trying to tell you though is the same theories a lot of others have.

You have the elemental Wheel:

Fire > Ice > Wind > Earth > Thunder > Water > Fire

Light > Dark > Light > Dark

So say you want a better success rate and you are synthing with a fire crystal. Then you would use the fire crystal on Iceday. Then say you want better skill up or HQ rate with a fire crystal, then you would use the fire crystal on Watersday.

Light and Dark are already opposites of eachother so the section on that is repatitive to what I already said.

Then you have the Moon Phases, Full Moon is suppose to be at succeeding with synths and New Moon is suppose to be good at HQ. The thing differing on this chart though is that skill up on others people have thought is that New Moon also helps skill up, but that chart is saying it doesn't.

EDIT:

Either way there's tons of ideas and all I've posted with this but many of them I still have a hard time believing because the theory is just to imbalanced. Like the Moon Phase for example, I can agree that it helps fishing but I haven't not had it ever really help my synths and like I already posted the percentage of Full and New Moon phases are to fixed and don't give each element and equal share of 100% or 0% so it shoots it out as being valid to me anyway.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Ah, I see ^^ Thanks alot

Comment

Working...
                  X