Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drama and criticism from 5th Aniversery thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kaickul
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    I can see I may need to just split this this thread...

    Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    And either you want it or not mods play a huge role on the quality of a site, and this site has a pretty good team, the problem is we don't get to see them online as often as we used to. Which in my opinion has affected the quality of the site.
    I agree with you. Mods are important, and I think the mods/owners here are either busy with their work/school/etc or they have lost interest. Whatever the reason is, its none of my business and how they choose to run this forum is also up to them.

    While the mods/admins here are very fair, I also cant count how many times a mod/admin has acted on an incident and had to endure posts/harassment about how they are the reason the forums suck, the mods/admins are all nazi's, and the rules here are too strict. Its like a broken record when a mod/admin takes action against someone who knows they are breaking the rules.

    And for the record... I saw the derail starting yesterday as I was leaving, but presumed if it got bad enough another mod/admin would stop it. By the time I got back today it was already over.

    This was the first ffxi forum I found and it was sorta like what BG is now, but this forum just isnt as popular now. Just like the rest of you... I wish this was the more popular forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Need new mods the plebs are revolting!

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Originally posted by net.drifter View Post
    (off topic)
    The forum is only as good as the members. KI has a slow DB, overall poor quality of posts, and members who love to flame people for anything and everything. But 1k+ people still hang out there daily.

    People like the drama. People dont hang out at KI because because its a good forum, they hang out because its topic after topic of drama. BG is the same thing, people think its where all the 'cool people' hang out from FFXI. They go there because they wanna see big dogs spar off in 'lolridill' threads.
    I agree a forum is as good as the members in it, but Mods make a huge difference in the tone of a forum.

    I'm sure you've seen this many more times than I have, but one of the first things new posters pointed out when praising this site was the good work the mod team was doing.

    And either you want it or not mods play a huge role on the quality of a site, and this site has a pretty good team, the problem is we don't get to see them online as often as we used to. Which in my opinion has affected the quality of the site.

    Leave a comment:


  • Murphie
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    It's never a bad time for a few verses from Wicked.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    I wasn't expecting people to break into song.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eohmer
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    To have a good forum, I think it has to be both good people and good moderating.

    Only 1 mod made their presence here and only in 1 post. The massive derail could have been avoided, I think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omniblast
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    I'm reminded of a song in which is a Broadway musical that I saw...

    Galinda:
    What is this feeling so sudden and new?

    Elphaba:
    I felt the moment I laid eyes on you

    Galinda:
    my pulse is rushing

    Elphaba:
    my head is reeling

    Galinda:
    my face is flushing

    Both:
    what is this feeling fervid as a flame,
    does it have a name,
    yes!

    loathing
    unadulterated loathing

    Galinda:
    for your face

    Elphaba:
    your voice

    Galinda:
    Your clothing

    Both:
    lets just say I loathe it all.
    Every little trait however small,
    makes my very flesh begin to crawl, with simple utter loathing
    theres a strange exilhiration in such total
    detestation. It's so pure so strong
    though i do admit it came on fast
    still i do believe that it can last
    and i will be loathing,
    loathing you my whole life long

    Leave a comment:


  • 711rocks
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    Ya, so if things go bad here, it's because we all suck.
    I admit that I make a lot of useless/DB posts, but this really is still my favorite forum for this game. It's definatly the most mature, KI is a joke.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mhurron
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Originally posted by net.drifter View Post
    (off topic)
    The forum is only as good as the members. KI has a slow DB, overall poor quality of posts, and members who love to flame people for anything and everything. But 1k+ people still hang out there daily.
    People like the drama. People dont hang out at KI because because its a good forum, they hang out because its topic after topic of drama. BG is the same thing, people think its where all the 'cool people' hang out from FFXI. They go there because they wanna see big dogs spar off in 'lolridill' threads.
    Ya, so if things go bad here, it's because we all suck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Neomage
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Ebony Puddings? I might be able to do those... I thought those where for lv 75 Manaburns though?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sevv
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    i go on bg because of some of the tests they run on things, and sorry about the derail =/

    Leave a comment:


  • Kaickul
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Hmm, indeed, the quality of this site's topics and posts has fallen in the last few months.

    I still think it has to do with the lack of mod presence lately.
    (off topic)
    The forum is only as good as the members. KI has a slow DB, overall poor quality of posts, and members who love to flame people for anything and everything. But 1k+ people still hang out there daily.

    People like the drama. People dont hang out at KI because because its a good forum, they hang out because its topic after topic of drama. BG is the same thing, people think its where all the 'cool people' hang out from FFXI. They go there because they wanna see big dogs spar off in 'lolridill' threads.

    Leave a comment:


  • Akashimo
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Hmm, indeed, the quality of this site's topics and posts has fallen in the last few months.
    I still think it has to do with the lack of mod presence lately.
    Agreed. Espically how derailed this thread gotten >_>;

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    Hmm, indeed, the quality of this site's topics and posts has fallen in the last few months.

    I still think it has to do with the lack of mod presence lately.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sevv
    replied
    Re: FFXI Fifth Aniversery

    here is what i could find for you atm if i run across any other sources ill link em or pm em.

    70-73 - Halvung
    Prey: Ebony Pudding
    HP of Prey: 5,000?
    Note: Be careful they do link.
    Camp Location(s):
    Camp #1:

    PROS:
    -Enough for one party and two solo.
    -
    CONS:
    -Can get very overcrowded.
    -

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X