This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about threads being locked

Are moderators allowed to lock a thread just because they think it doesn't have a point? To be honest, I'm quite angry right now because Neighbortaru has closed 1 (or possibly 2) of my threads, and I'm just trying to communicate with other people on the Ramuh server.

When my first thread was locked, I posted a new thread asking who locked it, and why it was locked. I did go back to the locked thread and noticed that a reason had been given: "I don't speak any Spamenglish. " No idea what the hell that was supposed to mean. My locked thread has a title of "Unconventionality", and in the thread I stated that I would like unconventional party invites. This is on the Ramuh server forums, so I think it certainly has a point, and for someone to lock it is completely offensive to me.

Threads in question: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ramuh-84/
    Originally posted by neighbortaru
    because the thread has no point.
    do not post needless and useless topics on the forums please.

btw, next time, use the PM function to talk to the mod who closed it instead of starting a new thread for it.
    The topic wasn't needless or useless - I was actually looking for responses, though not from the random non-Ramuh person who did respond. And I still can't see anywhere on the original thread, who actually locked it, so that's why I didn't send a PM. I did send a PM to 2 other mods, one of whom responded that they didn't know who closed the thread either.

Anyway, if this is how this site operates, then please let me know, and I won't return. If this was posted in the wrong forum, please move it. If you're a mod who just enjoys locking my threads, please go screw yourself.

Re: Question about threads being locked

Apparently mods can close threads now out of spite or just on a whim. Having the power to close threads is a good enough reason to do it, amirite?

Comment

Re: Question about threads being locked

To the OP: You've been asked twice now not to post threads asking why your threads were locked when it has already been explained.

Your original thread here was pointless spam and was locked because of it.

You were then asked by moderator neighbortaru not to make additional threads asking about it but to PM the moderator that locked your thread here.

I received and responded to your PM asking why your thread was locked explaining this (yet again).

Aside to Impaction: Our moderation rules are posted publicly and can be perused by all users, and those standards (which are given to us by the administration staff) are what we apply when we take action on threads that violate those rules. I'd appreciate if you didn't fan flames on an issue you know nothing about.

Closing this thread.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
      X