X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Before locking up threads ...

Two things...

First, I find it funny as how some posters feel it necessary to hold moderators to a different standard than themselves. We're all human and have equal right to express our opinions and shouldn't be surprised when we run across someone that doesn't see eye-to-eye with us on every single topic. In truth it is also the equal responsibility of everyone to keep things civil and constructive. Delving into potentially heated topics is chancey and lively debates are tricky, but it's important for everyone (not just moderators) to prevent those topics from devolving into "whiney little bitch-fests". Any criticisms of moderators in that respect would also be an applicable criticism of yourself, if you're not willing to take out the trash, don't expect someone else to do it for you.

Second, the moderators of ffxionline have done an excellent job of "taking out the trash" on these forums for years. Think about that statement for a moment.... for years. Other forums out there are not moderated at all resulting in every thread turning into a troll farm. Even still, I have been on forums which are completely totalitarian and you can't post anything opinionated without getting a mod response almost the same day stating that "it was clearly off-topic or incorrect and will be moved or deleted". Ffxionline has found it's balance as a whole. With the new moderators, they will need time to find their own balance between expressing their opinion and use of power. If you feel that TGM is abusive of power, let TGM do so, build your case, present it, and have TGM removed from mod position, the answer is simple and clear and doesn't require verbal venom on the forums to reach resolution. As a whole, the moderators have done a wonderful job of keeping this place as drama-free as possible, so I have some faith and trust that the appropriate actions were taken.

Comment

I think

<---

you should have some

<---

kinda outside law on these forums.

<---

Someone here would make

<---

a damn good sherrif.

<---

A good lookin' sherrif, too.

Comment

PP, for someone that cannot obviously fill out their main job, sub job correctly, I really don't think you quailfy.
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Sounds like what you want isn't a sheriff position, but the mod team's hitman. ^^
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
            Sounds like what you want isn't a sheriff position, but the mod team's hitman. ^^
            Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!!

Noone sais anything *pm me* about any kind of hit >.>

What're you talking *pm me* about here, huh! <.<

Crazy Talk!

*pm me*

>.>

<.<

Originally posted by OmniBlast
            ...cannot obviously fill out their main job, sub job correctly...
            Not my fault they only alot 6 spaces for Job and Level. Otherwise ida put Daddy75 and Cowboy37...

Comment

Personally, I've been on these boards for a little more than 2 years now. In that time, PiNG has shown himself very capable of running this site. I put 100% faith in his abilities and the people he chooses to be moderators.

You know what you guys are basically asking for? Everrthing you guys are hinting at as what you want the moderators to do would turn us into KI. I'm sorry but I don't want Drama threads popping up everywhere in Dreams. If I wanted endless arguments that lead nowhere, I'd go to Killing Ifrit. There's plenty of those threads there.

EDIT: Anyone notice our names AREN'T listed under our titles anymore? lol

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
              SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentPotables
                Not my fault they only alot 6 spaces for Job and Level. Otherwise ida put Daddy75 and Cowboy37...
                DAD 75 and COW37

Hung like a ...
                Hacked on 9/9/09
                FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
                  Hung like a ...
                  Picture frame?

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                  SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Intensity
                    Personally, I've been on these boards for a little more than 2 years now. In that time, PiNG has shown himself very capable of running this site. I put 100% faith in his abilities and the people he chooses to be moderators.

You know what you guys are basically asking for? Everrthing you guys are hinting at as what you want the moderators to do would turn us into KI. I'm sorry but I don't want Drama threads popping up everywhere in Dreams. If I wanted endless arguments that lead nowhere, I'd go to Killing Ifrit. There's plenty of those threads there.

EDIT: Anyone notice our names AREN'T listed under our titles anymore? lol
                    pretty much the reason KI is such a worthless cesspool is cause there aren't any moderators who actually care to do their job.

a good forum or message board will have moderators who try and adhere to a certain set of guideilnes. and though they may not always do it exactly the same way, or have their own individual personalities, the general standard is still there. people can't expect 100% consistency because hey, mods are people too.

just be glad that the mods here care about doing the job. i've seen it too many times where a good site goes to the dumps, simply cause nobody's around to enforce anything.

ffxionline.com was one of the first sites i used to visit frequently, and though i hadn't really visited too often for a while, i'm glad it's still here two years later. reading through all the crap that sites like KI and others are, makes you appreciate places like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
                      DAD 75 and COW37

Hung like a ...

Originally posted by Intensity
                      Picture frame?
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Well, personally I think the mods have been doing a great job. I've not seen a single instance yet where I think the mod has been totally out of order. Good job team!

Comment

That's it bikkebakke, I've had enough. You're banned.

But really folks, I'd like to reiterate. If you have a problem with the way I, or any other moderator or administrator, deals with a user or thread, that's absolutely wonderful. The admins may run the site, but there wouldn't be much of a site to run if you guys weren't here, and I honestly would like to do anything possible to keep FFXIonline from turning into Allakhazam or KillingIfrit. We're the very first NA-based Final Fantasy XI website ever, and I have too much respect for everyone here to make the internet suffer with another one of those websites.

Again, if you have an issue with anything a moderator or administrator does, please feel free to PM either of them. Heck, even if it has nothing to do with me, come to me first if you'd like. I promise I'll do whatever I can to find out the best way to resolve any conflicts, and hopefully we can all live in harmony.

After all, isn't the entire reason we're all here after so long is that we're still alike? We still freakin' love Final Fantasy XI, so we might as well continue loving eachother.

Except for bikkebakke. He's banned.
                          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                          Currently Playing:
                          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

HEY MR HOMER FACE MODERATION PLZ NO BAN BIKKEBAKKBAKERMMMDONUTS GUY ;_;

Comment

O_O i sort of like benwallace ._.
                              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

lolomg, BENWALLACE is alive

lol
                                Last edited by neighbortaru; 03-30-2006, 06:57 AM.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                                X