This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 Expansion??!

I was checking out EBgames and it doesnt seem like there is an expansion available for the PS2.

For PC I see the Chains of Promatha, and that doesnt come up for PS2. Can the PS2 users be left in the dark? Or maybe they wont be able to access the new areas.

Good thing I got the PC version. Hopefully they will delete all the PS2 accounts... lol j/k guys
    Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

<Phalanx> <Gravity> <Dispel>
    <Dia II> <Raise> <Refresh>
    *Convert*

AF1 - COMPLETE (damn those orcs)
    AF2 - COMPLETE (bloody boots?! nasty)

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

.... is this a troll post?

There's no way they're not releasing it on PS2s, what do you have against PS2ers? Some are in their 40's and great to party with right now.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

Haha,

No every player is the same to me whether they play PS2 or PC. I was just puzzled when I didn't see the expansion available. If they get it at a later date again thats a big setback...

I was also wondering how they use an expansion pack on a PS2, im sure it copies to the Hard Drive. But still I have never seen an expansion for a PS2 game. Go Figure..
      Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

*Convert*

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

Comment

They are, but it will be later, they are trying to release pc and ps2 version at the same time. But the way it looks right now, it looks like pc will come out first, then a few weeks later, ps2 version will come out.
        -Baka Inu!
        Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
        Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
        Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
        Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

If they did that it would be utterly retarded.

Can any importers who played before the Zilart expansion confirm whether or not Zilart was released for both pc and ps2 at the same time?

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
          Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Originally posted by kevinsal
            Haha,

No every player is the same to me whether they play PS2 or PC. I was just puzzled when I didn't see the expansion available. If they get it at a later date again thats a big setback...

I was also wondering how they use an expansion pack on a PS2, im sure it copies to the Hard Drive. But still I have never seen an expansion for a PS2 game. Go Figure..
            Well technically there are some expansions, they are pre- hdd though and involve putting the expansion disk in, then putting the regular disk in. This will most-likely copy to the harddrive.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

Originally posted by InuTrunks
              They are, but it will be later, they are trying to release pc and ps2 version at the same time. But the way it looks right now, it looks like pc will come out first, then a few weeks later, ps2 version will come out.
              Well this doesnt seem the case... If EBGames was selling the expansion for the PS2 a few weeks later it would be listed on the site now. They have games listed that come out in 2005. Either EBgames has messed up or Square Enix is about to screw over the PS2 users.
              Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

*Convert*

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Thoronas
                If they did that it would be utterly retarded.

Can any importers who played before the Zilart expansion confirm whether or not Zilart was released for both pc and ps2 at the same time?
                Yes it came at the same time
                Kelenae - Ramuh - Mithra Female - Windurst Rank 10 - Gone?
                Dirtha - Taru Taru Female - Windurst Rank 2 - Gone?
                www.twitter.com/kelenaev (|Please check it|)

Comment

Disclaimer: I'm not trolling for flames, just putting in my two cents on the "What do you have against PS2ers" comment. It also contains massive generalizations, so don't take it personally.

I've been playing since day 1 of NA PC, and I can tell you without a doubt that NA PS2 players have negatively impacted many aspects of the game. To think they haven't is just kidding yourself.

Partying - before NAPS2, most NAs could get JP invites and were appreciated as players. Post NAPS2, the invites are all but gone. Why? See below...

Helping others - NA players were bad enough about this before NAPS2 (raising others, helping newbies, giving tips), now it's just non-existant. I've also noticed JP players are less apt to help NA players now as well, and I can't really blame them.

Social Manners - before NAPS2, you would rarely see /shouts, and if you did, it was in Jeuno for teleports, or perhaps by some newbie who was desparate for some information. Post NAPS2, you can't go two zones without seeing someone spamming in /shout, using foul language, making immature drug references, etc. Also note the massive increase in stfu, u, and ur...

Laziness/Naiveness - many NA players couldn't be bothered with learning how to play the game efficiently before NAPS2, such as using skillchains(!), food, XP chains, elemental weaknesses, etc. Now it's much worse. I've noticed that many many more PTs 30+ have no clue about *any* tactics in combat except pulling, swinging, healing, repeat.

Begging - And I thought this was a PC/MMO thing. No, even begging has increased since NAPS2. And don't say "well, there's more players now!", because it hasnt increased along with population; it's easily ten times worse than before NAPS2 release.

It's not that NAPS2 players are less intelligent or less capable; people are people after all. But there is a difference in how they apply themselves in-game, and it's noticeable to anyone who played before NAPS2.

Comment

I kind of agreed with the above poster. It seems since the PS2 release we have gotta loads of younger players who really dont care about anything but what they want to do.

If you look at it, theres more under leveled subs. More combo's that won't help out the PT much like Warrior / Whm, and when you try and reason with them with Warrior / <melee class> would be much better and help you level faster. You get the classic reply "STFU you $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$" and every other word you can think of which they might of heard from a movie or TV.

It did bring in more people, and all but SE should of done something else to help the PS2 player. Maybe put out a book on information we have here on the web? Maybe put more into the install booklet instead only 99 pages of junk.

Unlike some most PS2 players don't have any clue that they can find information on how to farm or where to levelonline so they openly shout anything they went. Maybe if SE put a little bit more effect into telling the PS2 about the webpages the PC and JP have made, then they wouldn't be so negative about things.

Oh well I didn't mean to flame or troll. It's just makes me very mad when I go to level up a sub when I get asked the same thing over and over again. We can't really blame them for not wanting to put more time into looking how to play a game, then just jumping right into it.

(Note: I do know a lot of people that use the PS2 have been on this site for quite a time now, and I thank you for learning now rather then just shouting anything and everything you want or need. )
                    Retired... 30 War, 33 Nin, 25 thf, 20 rng, 10 whm, 10 blm, 5 rdm, 27 sam.

Yes, I had a lot of times on my hands.. not anymore

Comment

All this PS2 stuff is bullshit and stupid ass assumption.
                      Whether you like it or not WE'RE ALL HUMANS, we're all the same type of people whether we're playing it on PC or PS2, there is no freaking difference.

I'm a lvl 32 Drk/War and I'm sure as hell no newb and I'm better than some PC players...
                      obviously it doesnt matter what format someone plays on.

Comment

Originally posted by blueoakleyz
                        All this PS2 stuff is bullshit and stupid ass assumption.
                        Whether you like it or not WE'RE ALL HUMANS, we're all the same type of people whether we're playing it on PC or PS2, there is no freaking difference.

I'm a lvl 32 Drk/War and I'm sure as hell no newb and I'm better than some PC players...
                        obviously it doesnt matter what format someone plays on.
                        Well I beg to differ. As I said in my post, it has nothing to do with one playerbase being better, it has to do with how the player interacts with others, it probably has more to do with each format's online precedence. I would venture to guess most PC FFXI players have played several other MMOs and come from an RPG background where your character is important, and you interact with others on in an "allied" format (usually). I would also guess most PS2 FFXI players' experience is in competitive online games, whether they be shooters, sports games, etc where trash-talking is common and "winner takes all". If you don't think these points don't reinforce my generalization, take a survey of character names from each platform and see if you notice a difference.

Comment

Yeah guys before this gets out of hand, please stick to the topic. Only talk about the PS2/PC expansion pack info if you have any or want to make a comment on it..

PS2 vs PC players is a completely different thread. Im sure there are good and horrible players on each platform, but discuss elsewhere...
                          Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

*Convert*

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

Comment

well if we are gonna make dumb ass waste of time genrealizations based on warped facts ..

We can say that Pc gamers are 90% of the elitist noob bashing snobs on this game, that apparently can't be bothered to help anybody if they don't get anything in retrun, hence all the crying over shouts asking for help .. give them a hand, let them know whats up and they will shut up. Pc gamers are 100% of the cheaters. (100% foo) btw ..
                            /em is sick of making new sigs for new
                            boards

Comment

tch w/e it isnt the platform its the person and im a younger player(16) and i play with the ps2, i have respect for other players, i dont shout out for free gil hand outs and dont spam with foul language or anything so dont go sayin all ps2 players are like this or all younger players are like that. btw they arent screwin us over theyve done an expansion pack with eqoa with frontiers all they do is take acct info and transfer it over to the new disc and you dont need original to play or anything. i also read in a magazine and it said both pc and ps2

Comment

Working...
                              X