General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General Discussion

So I've had this bottle of beer sitting in my fridge for a few months now, just waiting until the next session to tap into it...
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Was wondering if Ygg is ever going to boot up roll20 for another sesssion.

Comment

I do have a couple of characters in mind actually if we ever do start another campaign.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Diju guys complete your original campaign?
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

lol, not really. I had a baby and Yyg was planning his marriage, and he is a groomzilla for realz...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
            I do have a couple of characters in mind actually if we ever do start another campaign.
            I was actually just talking with Yyg about this and he said that if he ever could make the time again he'd like to be a player... I was thinking Fire would be an awesome DM!
            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
            RANK 10 Bastok
            CoP: Done
            ZM: Done
            ToA: Done
            Assault rank: Captain
            Campaign Medal: Medals
            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

He also switched careers to a job where he can't spend all his downtime on the computer building up campaign plans, so I'm sure that factored into it too.

Comment

I got married in December myself so I can relate.

It's been so long I joined a campaign IRL three weeks ago. Funnily enough, this time I'm the wizard. I'm going for the Fatespinner prestige class which focuses on messing with probability. I thought it'd be adequately meta.

Comment

I finally got a few minutes to myself to sit down and load up the laptop. So hey! Believe me, I've been itching to play D&D again myself... but sadly there's just far too much IRL stuff going on right now for me to focus on just about anything non RL.

The new job is crazy hours, the wedding absorbs all of my free time (and money) and in my spare time I play a little FFXI here and there... cook... or nap.

Mezlo did touch on something he and I had discussed that I wanted to expand on. If I were to play D&D again (with you guys or anyone else), I think its high time I played as a PC instead of a DM. If anyone is interested in taking up the reins, I'd be down to try to arrange something again... but short of that I just don't have the time or the energy at the end of the day to keep building on our original campaign.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                    If anyone is interested in taking up the reins, I'd be down to try to arrange something again... but short of that I just don't have the time or the energy at the end of the day to keep building on our original campaign. And just so everyone knows, the winner of our original campaign is... *DRUM ROLL* the one, the only...

The Action Wizard
                    The Naked Action Wizard
                    The Evil Action Wizard!!!!!

Thank you all for playing!

/bow to Mezlo

Well, that sure is nice of you Yyg... It was alot of fun and I appreciate all the time you put into the campaign, I know it was time consuming.

I'd like to thank Armando first and foremost, for always providing an opposing force to most all of my actions and intentions. And for always trying to stop me and grapple me, but never being able to succeed. In fact, I think one time I reversed the grapple and threw you to the ground. LOL... good times. I'd also like to thank Cid, for providing good laughs and for always being the first to run from a fight with his tail between his legs, or, just hiding from the fight all together. It was a good time my friend. To Jarre who always tried to out DD me, and at times did succeed, him twating monsters on the head and all... But in the grand scheme of things, from campaign day one to our last, he could not exceed the damage dealt by The Evil Acition Wizard, but then again, no duh, am I right? And lastly to Firewind, who brought his vast D&D experience to the table and was able to help us understand and talk through certain situations, helping us out with his experience, oh, and for letting The Naked Action Wizard feel up his hot female thief a few times, she knows she liked it...

I look forward to our next D&D endeavour!

The Evil Action Wizard, OUT!

/bow
                    RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo
                      In fact, I think one time I reversed the grapple and threw you to the ground. LOL... good times.
                      I do not recall this, although I am fairly sure you somehow escaped every attempt.

I would like to thank Yyg for humoring me with my Luchador shenanigans. That was fun, even if it gave you headaches.

Comment

I'd like to thank Yyg for simply running the campaign at all because holy shit that's a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          I do not recall this, although I am fairly sure you somehow escaped every attempt.
                          I know it happened... If I recall correctly, it was when we were in the dungeon when the one armed knoll was. We beat the main boss and rescued the captured prisoner i think, and then we ran bck to a room we were in previously where there was a long bridge we crossed. I entered the room and was at the top of the steps and we saw the green plant like monster crawling over to the side of the cliff. I thought he was going to regroup with others like him at the bottom of the cliff and then come back and try to kill us so i was going to fire a fireball or something of the like at him. You saw me and came running in from the other room to try and stop/tackle me. I avoided you, reversed it, and through you down the steps. Or something like that...

That was to the best of my knowledge and since that was towards the end of the session I know I was a few beers deep. If i didn't trip you that time, it was one of the other times, but I'm leaning towards my recollection above.
                          RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Yeah I'd like to thank Yyg for running the campaign, and everyone else for putting up with my drunken attempts at playing D&D every weekend, especially during those time when I was clearly too drunk and/or tired to remember the rules for something.

As for me DMing myself. It's a lot of groundwork to build a whole new campaign, and I can't really spend all my downtime on the computer making campaign plans and world building. I'm not saying no to DMing a D&D campaign, just understand that I don't have anything other than a couple of potential ideas for campaigns, and it would take some time to really get something.

That said I do have some ideas for PCs which I have been playing around with in my downtime:
                            • A "Heavy Metal" Barbarian/Bard. Basically imagine your Viking Bard, you know, the who takes parts in epic battles and sings about them later in taverns. Human
                            • A Barbarian who after taking one too many blows to the head, is absolutely convinced that he's really a Wizard. Probably going to be an Elf or Human
                            • Human Druidess that was raised by Elves and acts that every non-abberation is an adorable puppy. Also likes to transform into a bear and maul people when pissed off.
                            • A neurotic young Elven Wizard or Sorceress that people think is a "Proper Lady" but is pretty much a childish ad stupidly easy to anger tomboy that throws around fireballs and lightning bolts at the slightest provocation. Does generally forgive people for slights but only after launching a few spells.
                            • Necromancer that uses his Necromancy to communicate with the dead in order to be able to solve cases and bring justice to people who were wronged in life. Some kind of Lawful Alignment. You can get away with Lawful Good in Pathfinder due to it doing away with many evil tags for Necromancy.
                            • Some kind of Rogue or Ranger that runs around with Twin Hand Crossbows John Woo style. Okay I admit that this one is only really viable in 4th Edition but still!
                            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                            Reiko Takahashi
                            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                              As for me DMing myself. It's a lot of groundwork to build a whole new campaign, and I can't really spend all my downtime on the computer making campaign plans and world building. I'm not saying no to DMing a D&D campaign
                              If you can DM and everyone is onboard, I will send you the money via paypal to purchase a D&D module / campaign. $30-50 or whatever? done. Just throwing that out there because i know the time involved in building a campaign.
                              RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Necroing this thread to mark the return of the campaign.

Comment

Working...
                                X