Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Monster Hunters...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    YouTube- Monster Hunter Frontier Online - Xbox 360 Debut Trailer

    Trailer for you guys....and I'd buy this in a heartbeat!


    I would buy it too.... but I still am not sure what the difference is in Monster Hunter 2-3 and Frontier, they call it an MMORPG but if I am not mistaken, its the same thing as the other Monster Hunter games. *shrugs*

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikP3AbFwxwA"]YouTube- Monster Hunter Frontier Online - Xbox 360 Debut Trailer[/ame]

    Trailer for you guys....and I'd buy this in a heartbeat!

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    I have pretty much done all I can on the solo play on my JP copy, so I cant wait to go online with the US version, I doubt my save file will work though, will have to start over *shrugs*

    Now there is one thing I found, since I had to load my copy through Gecko OS channel on my Wii, there is a SD card code, using Ocarina, that I think I will continue to use even on the US version at all times, and thats the "see Monster HP" code, that thing is soooooo nice, its the only "cheat" I have ever used on my character for Monster Hunter 3, and now I dont think I could play without it ;p

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
    I can't wait. Day One Purchase for me here... hell, preorder asap for me.

    /em summersaults ~ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/

    ... and

    /em dismounts ~ \('o')/
    /em gives Neverslip some Valium and points at...

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Monster Hunter on the 360!? *gasp!* SACRILEGE!! Well at least in Japan it will be.
    Sowry!

    Leave a comment:


  • Neverslip
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    15$ subscription fee...

    Bah... Capcom loves money and MH is a incredible series the west really hasn't given (or been given) a chance, imHo. Capcom sees an oppurtunity, and they'll surely take it. I love MHU on my PSP, and this is AWESOME NEWS . Specially since my adhoc buddy who got me hooked onto the series (and FFxi, and quit) just sold his PSP/games/mem card so he can concentrate on school. {Bastard Sword}!!! But he still has a 360 we won't let him part with. I can't wait. Day One Purchase for me here... hell, preorder asap for me.

    /em summersaults ~ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/

    ... and

    /em dismounts ~ \('o')/

    Leave a comment:


  • Ufgt
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
    Glad they are bringing the MH Tri bundle. I bought a regular classic controller to play my Japanese copy of the game, but I am interested in the CC Pro so I will probably splurge for this.

    Kind of baffled at MHF:O going to the 360. I think it's just going to bomb and never make it out of Japan, but if it does come here eventually I might consider being interested. I haven't touched my 360 since I finished Star Ocean 4, and that was almost a year ago.


    Definitely not about to pay the fee for Xbox Live Gold if that is a requirement though. I love Monster Hunter, but I am not about to support Microsoft's shady shit.
    Yah, I agree with MHF:O going to 360 being a little strange. I guess they're really trying to push 360 sales in Japan, although I don't know how much this will spur the movement of units.

    What are the gameplay differences between Tri and F:O? FO is supposed to be an MMO, but I'm not sure if the STRUCTURE of the game is really any different than the other MH games (ie. parties of 4 fight in instanced zones).

    An how is XBL shady?

    Leave a comment:


  • Tickmeoff
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    Glad they are bringing the MH Tri bundle. I bought a regular classic controller to play my Japanese copy of the game, but I am interested in the CC Pro so I will probably splurge for this.

    Kind of baffled at MHF:O going to the 360. I think it's just going to bomb and never make it out of Japan, but if it does come here eventually I might consider being interested. I haven't touched my 360 since I finished Star Ocean 4, and that was almost a year ago.


    Definitely not about to pay the fee for Xbox Live Gold if that is a requirement though. I love Monster Hunter, but I am not about to support Microsoft's shady shit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kailea
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    Pardon me for a second... *explodes*



    Ok I am good now ;p I have been messing around with the JP version for a while, but I can not wait to get my hands on this so I can go online...... hell most of the fun with that game is going online -.-

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: New Monster Hunters...

    They pay monthly fees to play the Wii version of Monster Hunter Tri in Japan.

    Capcom USA had to stick their neck out for the US version, because they know no one would set foot near it if there were fees for the NA and EU versions. I'd still get the Wii version, perhaps just for that controller since it also looks like it would be nice for fighting games and games that are better with classic controls.

    As for the 360 version, well, it would move 360s in Japan for those that don't want the game taking up PC storate space. People did it for FFXI, after all.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    started a topic New Monster Hunters...

    New Monster Hunters...

    Good news for the Wii lovers, the huge hit Monster Hunter Tri bundle is coming out in the US. There was a lot of longing amongst Wii-ites over the BLACK classic controller that was released in Japan with the game. Well, we are getting it too now. My question is....when do we get the black Wii to go with it!??

    Monster Hunter Tri Controller Bundle Bound For America - Monster Hunter tri - Kotaku


    Then on to the next news....Monster Hunter on the 360!? *gasp!* SACRILEGE!! Well at least in Japan it will be. The PC title Monster Hunter Frontier is going to the 360 and there will also be a $15 a month charge to play. For some reason, I just don't see this being a big hit there even if they do love the series. When you balance out how much they hate the 360....ya....

    Xbox Japan's Big Capcom Announcement Is... - Capcom - Kotaku
Working...
X