What games do you want to see remade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What games do you want to see remade?

I think we all some old games we used to love, that either couldn't live up to it's potential on an older console, or just needs to be seen again.

So what do you want to see redone? Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be realistic to see it remade. At all. You could wish for a Bubbles remake for all I care.

Personally,

Shenmue: I'd love to see this remade, especially on Wii. Pointing/looking at things with the wiimote would be insanely useful in Shenmue compared to the old control scheme. I'd also like to see the first game combined with the second, and the ending added onto that (since the Shemue MMO looks like it's going to be rather lame imo.)

It would be sweet to see Shenmue with updated graphics (even Wii quality, considering what they were able to squeeze out of the Dreamcast), like MUCH more detail added to Shenmue II's world (more shops I can enter, more drawers and closets to open). It would also be great to see Shenmue done seamlessly (no loading screens going into or leaving shops, for example)

It would also be cool to see QTEs redone for Wii, some things could be made much cooler, not to mention the possibilities of more and better minigames (darts, anyone?). Having the time skip in Shenmue II in the entire series (including the first) would also be useful.

I personally would love to see so much additional content (heck, make it so that there's so many arcade/master system games to unlock, you could buy it and beat it just for the amount of old games to play on it) that each chapter, or every few chapters had to have their own disk. A Shenmue large enough that it looks like a DVD collection would be awesome.

Re: What games do you want to see remade?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Castle

OMFG! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Quest
    In March 2007, Crystal Quest became one of the first games to appear on Microsoft Windows Vista

Damn I have to find that.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

looks like you can donwload it http://zone.msn.com/en/root/deluxe.htm?code=112234183

Comment

I haven't even played most of the current and new games, so I'm not too worried about remakes.

I kind of prefer past games stay in the past. Graphical updates are neat and all, but I can't help but feel that they take something away from the original game when you do that. I enjoy older games not because they are pretty, but because they play well. A sequel? I can get behind that. But I'd rather game developers spend their time on new things rather than retreads of old.

Comment

Murphie, you're a devout Contrarian, aren't you?

One of these days, I'm going to make a thread about how bad babies taste, just to mess you up.
          ------------------------------------------
          also, it's not just graphical updates, it's improving the game's flaws and expanding it.
          Last edited by Feba; 10-31-2007, 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just because I don't agree with your myriad random ideas doesn't make me a contrarian.

If a game is still worth playing, then it's flaws are likely worth overlooking. And if they aren't, then you shouldn't bother in the first place. We're not going to find a perfect game, and that's fine by me. There are a lot of really great ones out there. More than enough for me to play for years without having to worry about going back to the well.

Comment

I would have to say Starflight2, absolutely loved that game. I still have a computer that can run it, but over the years the floppy disc is now corrupt and unplayable. I really don't care for updated graphics or anything changed, the simplicity of the game is one of the things i loved about it.

Comment

One of my worries with remakes is that try to change something that shouldn't be. You have a game thats a 9 or 10 and then they remake it, tweak it, and the next thing you know they screwed it up. I understand they are trying to lure in new fans that have never played it and also bring back some old ones but in the end all they are trying to do is line their pockets with more $$$.

The only reason I'm happy to see some games remade is because PS1 games are so damn grainy on my big screen. Old eyes + grainy game = headache LOL

I have to agree with you Feba, I'd like to see Shenmue but a whole new game. If I had to go with a remake how about combining I & II with a To Be Continued.... at the end? That would make my day!
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'd also want another Freespace title.

And X-Wing vs Tie Fighter damnit.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Shadow of the Colossus HD.

Remade in full 1080p/60fps, new weapons and all 40+ colossi that were originally planned.

Make it happen, Ueda. I would cry epic manly tears.
                    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                    Currently Playing:
                    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

YES to the Shenmue and Shadow of the Colossus.

I'd personality like a remake of Stitch: Experiment 626... *Twiddles thumbs* What?! I can't suppress my childhood. They could have made that game so damn awesome. A mondo rework of the graphics, HD but still keeping that cartoon look. Not to mention take account to Stitch's abilities. I wanted to scale across every single wall and ceiling in sheath mode, using infra-red vision to mark the soldiers and take them out one by one with your claws!

Hell-- even storm in with plasma cannons blazing, or rip a 20-ton console off it's hinges to hurl at the enemies! I want to ride the police cruiser!

The red one! *Sobs*

Okay I'm done now.
                      Originally posted by Yygdrasil
                      Originally posted by Nandito
                      Ponies.

Duh.
                      You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                        Shadow of the Colossus HD.

Remade in full 1080p/60fps, new weapons and all 40+ colossi that were originally planned.

Make it happen, Ueda. I would cry epic manly tears.
                        Count me in if this happens.

And aaaactually, Ueda DOES have "something" cooking on the PS3. He's been dead silent about what it is, but Team Ico has been putting up some cryptic clues of late. It's "probably" not Shadow of the Colossus... but it's definitely something new and epic.

---

Other games I'd love to see new remakes for:

U.N. Squadron
                        Not only is this one of the best sidescrolling shooters of all time, but the amazing chucklefest irony in having a team of special air force from the U.N. blowing everything to bits tickles me.

Grim Fandango
                        Ah, the memories. Give me a 3D platformer remake of this comedy gold game and I can die happy.

Icemage

Comment

Every popular game is already remade. For any obscure games that I would like to see remade with new and improved graphics, yet keep the game true?

Missile Command
                          Donkey Kong or Popeye
                          Streets of Rage
                          Double Dragon (its been awhile since this was remade)
                          TMNT the Arcade game (was tmnt2 on nes) but with the graphics of the coin op version on console
                          Punisher (was a nes shooter) This one would be cool remade as a metal gear solid type game.
                          Bonk
                          Keith Courage
                          Gunsmoke

I cant think of anymore that I would like to play with right now that hasnt been recently done that I know of.
                          Apothecary Owner
                          Mithra
                          BLM 75
                          RDM 75

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                            Grim Fandango
                            Ah, the memories. Give me a 3D platformer remake of this comedy gold game and I can die happy.
                            Icemage
                            RUN PIGEONS! IT'S ROBERT FROST!

I would be all over this.

loose

Comment

I'd like to see a ton of 2D NES games remade in HD, in all their 2D gameplay glory.

That includes:

-Batman (Sunsoft's)
                              -Castlevania
                              -Bionic Commando
                              -Contra
                              -Robocop (the old 2D arcade game)
                              -Shatterhand
                              -Super Ghosts and Ghouls
                              -A bunch of other games I don't even remember their name.

Note that while I'd settle for 3D models with a 2D gameplay (IE the new Castlevania remake), I'd rather see HD sprites with very fuild animation instead.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X