No announcement yet.

What games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What games are you currently playing?

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Not before they give KH the console game they've most likely been putting off due to cranking out FFXIII games.

Not that Birth By Sleep or Dream Drop Distance are bad, but I liked having real partners instead of this Pokemon shit.
    See, if we fall down that hole there's no getting back out because then it becomes "not until they release Versus" and then whatever the next game is, until we're right back where we started of not forcing them to make the jump.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I hate Dolce so much. Unless someone he--You know what, nevermind I posted it in the pet peeve section. I'm playing that game (see thread) and I started up Nier again and I am suprised SE did anything with sexuality this time, considering they mentioned Kaine being a futanari or by american standard a hermaphrodite. Her back story is rather cruel and honestly if it wasn't a video game I'd probably be in some form of custody. I'll wait for the smart aleck answer now.
      Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

You know, I don't really even worry about SE's games anymore. I don't think they're beyond redemption, in fact, their western divisions are doing more right because of the freedom SE gives them. Still, that drivel they're putting out on iOS - and EA and Ubi are ruining the freemium market alongside SE - is not helping their image.

The world is bigger than Final Fantasy as RPGs go, though. The only SE product I've got on the list for this year is the DQVII remake and there are a load of more worthwhile investments coming to 3DS this year. I think SE needs to sit down with Fire Emblem Awakening and get a refresher on what a class act looks like. Or Ni No Kuni, maybe Persona 4 Golden, Xenoblade Chronicles, Etrian Odyssey IV and more.

Comment

And here I thought I was going to get the short end of the stick. I'm merely posting here, to post I guess. My RP group isn't around yet. Boredem has set in.
          Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Feels like I've waited a lifetime for this game.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post

You mean like we already are now for XIV?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post

This. Just got home, first thing I did was put it in the PS3 tray. :D I speed-ran through DmC to finish it last night, so my temporary backlog is clear for the time being.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                  Final Fantasy XI was marketed as an MMO and made zero pretense at being a single player game like its sibling Final Fantasy games.

Dragon Quest X? It costs as much as a normal retail game, lets you play for a short while, then smacks you upside the head with "Oh, by the way if you'd like to continue the adventure, please pay us a monthly fee."

If you think those two business models are at all on the same level of transparency, I've a bridge to sell you.

Icemage
                  wait it really does that? People are not just being over dramatic? Everything I have seen about the game strait up tells you it is an MMORPG, that is pretty crappy. It has to at least say it some where on the case no?
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Icemage is kinda blowing things out of proportion for DQX, from what I've looked up, it scored well and has sold upwards of 600k since launch. Its not something we can really compare to prior entries in terms of sales being what it is.

Though if we did anyway, DQIX would be giving it a merciless stomping as it sold millions and proves the formula didn't need this dramatic of a change. Its still pretty much a DQ game, but a harder sell to its core audience in Japan because they like their social gaming to actually be social rather than having people isolated behind TV screens.

Games like Monster Hunter, DQIX and now Animal Crossing New Leaf are thriving because of how they take advantage of a more social environment. AC becoming a sensation on that level now is actually kind of mindblowing considering it was always a fairly modest life sim that started back on the N64.

Comment

That's largely because DQ is *extremely* popular in Japan - much more than FF.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a huge dick move (much like the initial info about 13-2's DLC and ending)
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Just got done messing around with the Dead Space 3 demo - f'ing LOVE IT! The new weapon crafting is fantastic and makes infinitely more sense than using some stupid magical shop ala RE4 (though I do kinda miss that guy lol).

The Co-Op works pretty well too - I can see how it can break the immersion for some people, but I personally love having a buddy to go through all the crap with me (the in-game dialogue is different too if Carver is present. I really do love the changes though - new necromorphs, new attacks/patterns for the older ones, universal ammo packs (thank God) & the weapon crafting... omg the weapon crafting is just awesome. FEAR MY DOUBLE-ROCKET LAUNCHER! I also made a Flamethrower with a Cryogun as a sub-weapon - freeze 'em then melt 'em :D

I think by far though my favorite combination while dicking around with the Weapon Room was Pulse Rifle with the Stasis Rounds secondary attachment - nothing like a fully automatic (and accurate!) rifle that slows down everything it hits! Honestly it was pretty f'ing cheap, though I imagine on Hardcore mode it'll be a godsend.

Hmm, I was on the fence before about buying it but now I'm sorely tempted to pick it up. Problem is there's so many other amazing games coming out this year - too many really (only in the sense that I can't afford them all )

- - - Updated - - -

* F'ing double post...
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
                          I hate Dolce so much.
                          I enjoy her fights... though I specifically remember her second encounter (Encore mode) making me incredibly frustrated. Me being very tired during the fight has absolutely nothing to do with it. For the fights, I stocked up on as many Angel Trumpets and Floral Extracts as possible. Can't always rely on your designated healers~
                          So ends the tale of Nestama the Galka in FFXI~

Comment

Originally posted by Nestama View Post
                            I enjoy her fights... though I specifically remember her second encounter (Encore mode) making me incredibly frustrated. Me being very tired during the fight has absolutely nothing to do with it. For the fights, I stocked up on as many Angel Trumpets and Floral Extracts as possible. Can't always rely on your designated healers~
                            What's annoying is having to grind on the pirates, even those guys are a pain in the ass sometimes. I'm just really glad she hasn't assraped me with Burning Spindle like she usually does. Dead Man's Tale isn't that bad if timed right.

Comment

A friend in my Gaming Group got me into an iOS game called Guardian Cross, a free iPhone game by Square Enix. It is basically a very simple mons game: you go off hunting monsters and then capture them in a minigame and use them to battle people. The game is very simple and fun of you like the "mons" genre of game, you can basically get off a couple of battles in about 5 mins and put it down for a bit so it is nice to do between talking to clients at work.

I got a couple of colleagues into it and it has turned into a fun "bored at work" game to play on breaks and stuff given that the game is designed around being played in very short bursts.
                              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                              Reiko Takahashi
                              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

A co worker of mine from another store said he has started playing FFXI again, as the beta talk got him in the mood. I kind of want to join him....but part of me wants to stay FAR away....but I still have so many unfinished Missions to do.... -.- I do not know if I should give in and join him or stay away from FFXI. I love the game, but with FFXIV getting even closer, and Monster Hunter 3 U, and PSO2....... I just do not know...... and ideas?

Other then that I am currently playing Mass Effect still, and on the side Dark Cloud.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X