No announcement yet.

What games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What games are you currently playing?

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    I say again, it's because they let the one guy basically write all the endings on his own without any approval etc. I mean WTF - ME3 was also rushed, and even the extended cut didn't do much. And don't forget about ME4, which is why I feel the "bad" (Destroy/Red) ending is the only real one as it's the only one where Shepard lives...

I mean shit, they basically told us to hold on to our save files shortly after 3's release. No bioware, you're not fooling anyone.
    Multiple people wrote that script and Casey Hudson had oversight as the producer. Its also confirmed regardless of the ending that Shepard is dead and will not be returning. Doesn't matter that you saw someone breathing underneath rubble, your name was placed on the Normandy memorial all the same. Remember what the kid said - you kill the reapers, you die too. So does EDI, for that matter because she's not in that ending. You just killed Joker's robo-girlfriend.

I realize they're not up to the challenge following up Control or Synthesis, but Destroy and Refusal have potential. I want to play as other races, so the Reapers eradicating humans is fine with me.

Comment

Ok....just...going to point this out out of frustration. I picked up Two Worlds II and regretted ever playing it. I didn't even play the first one which I told was the worst 360 RPG ever made since release of the system. I don't even want to go on a rant about TWII. If BBQ could like make one for me I'd be happy, he's good at that stuff.
      Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

I've not played it. I just remember an overwrought narrator telling of the defeat of some orcs in a boring trailer. And there were generic western overwrought fantasy-sounding names for places and people in it. I could just tell it was something I wouldn't like.

Comment

Finally got a beta key (from pre-ordering but that's fine) for SC2: HotS

Now I can finally post on the damn beta forums :D

Not sure why I had to make a new ID just for the beta though, it's bad enough I have my main bnet account and then my tag for D3, but now this too.... my SC2/blizzard account main or whatever better carry over into retail release.

Also, F the "winfestor".
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Sleeping Dogs.

I love being late to the party. After watching "The Man from Nowhere" with the folks, I got inspired for some Chinese Mafia shenanigans. Its been a while since I've played an open-world game in the likes of GTA; kind of a refreshing feeling.
            Originally posted by Yygdrasil
            Originally posted by Nandito
            Ponies.

Duh.
            You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Playing Diablo 3 again, mostly out of boredom (and can't seem to coordinate for MTG on Cockatrice...) thinking of firing Resonance of Fate up again to finish it, idk.

Hoping for a deal on The Walking Dead for 360 (I'm aware it's on sale on Steam but I want it on Xbox).
              sigpic

Comment

The first six hours of Dishonored seem pretty damn solid.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

It falls apart towards the end.

Rental @ best.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dishonored squeaked past Xenoblade as my favorite game this year. So "rental," my ass. Easily one of the best games and best new IPs this year and definately worth replaying a few times just to see everything you can do.

I don't see where it "falls apart" toward the end, either. The final mission raised the stakes in almost every regard.

Its not the longest game ever, but it doesn't have to be since there are different ways to play it.

Comment

Super Hexagon is the one game that actually makes me swear out loud.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                        Dishonored squeaked past Xenoblade as my favorite game this year. So "rental," my ass. Easily one of the best games and best new IPs this year and definately worth replaying a few times just to see everything you can do.

I don't see where it "falls apart" toward the end, either. The final mission raised the stakes in almost every regard.

Its not the longest game ever, but it doesn't have to be since there are different ways to play it.

The bland, predictable story, borderline retarded AI, lack of really helpful/interesting powers & customization...

Honestly it felt like Deus Ex Lite. Oh yes, and the basically 2 identical endings with slightly different flavor. Fuck Dishonored.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          The bland, predictable story, borderline retarded AI, lack of really helpful/interesting powers & customization...
                          Non-descriptive criticism isn't valid criticism.

You used those powers in the most predictable ways possible most likely. Look who didn't:

There's some Jedi-level stuff in that video. I've done the grenade thing, wiped out groups with whale oil and stopped time to silence gunshots and play sniper (since there are no silencers or sniper rifles). Its not the game's fault if you think in the most generic way possible. What powers you choose to upgrade and which you don't dramatically changes the experience.

Bland, predictable story? Bullshit. How many dystopian coastal cities have you been to? How many villains have you seen that were so vile that the non-violent solutions feel more just than the violent ones? Its a pretty brilliant game when you come to see it from all sides.

Also I don't think I've met anyone quite as creepy as Granny Rags in a good long while. Susan Sarandon knocked that one out of the park.

Oh yes, and the basically 2 identical endings with slightly different flavor. Fuck Dishonored.
                          Because games are about endings and not the journey. The endings are similar in how they're presented, perhaps, but not remotely identical.
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-26-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Except the journey there wasn't all that exciting either.
                            sigpic

Comment

OK so I'm getting really pissed off now.

I bought episode 2 of The Walking Dead for xbox, and every fucking time I go to start it, it just goes back to the end of episode 2, rolls the credits after i finish up, and then back to main menu.

WTF?!
                              sigpic

Comment

MWO, SWTOR, PS2 (not a huge fan so far), FFXI (when i feel like it), Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade on my droid for killin time.
                                Also hoping to get into beta for Mech Warrior tatics, and when FFXIV 2.0 comes back out will hit that up and see what changes they made.

Comment

Working...
                                X