Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Bored at Work / Off-Topic Chat Thread II

I mean this girl is practically filling the tsundere check list, with just about everything other than having actually said "It's not like I did it because I like you or anything! Baka!"

Also, lingerie pics. A friend asked if she was a model, she just replied "a while back, yeah."

Goddamn life is good

EDIT: speaking of life being good, my name literally precedes me now; I'm not just well known among my classmates, but every now and then I'll walk into an office or something and someone will just be like "Oh, you're [my Chinese name], right?", and I'll be like "uuuuuuuuh yeah". I've had a few people just randomly come up to me and start asking about things they heard from other students; the best one was definitely "Why does everyone say you're American?"

"...Because I'm American."

To be fair, I use my Japanese name with a Chinese reading, which causes a lot of weird looks, stares, people confused as to where the heck I come from, etc.

Also, my ex begged me to take her to a motel, which is a no, but I mean, score another opportunity I guess.
    Last edited by Feba; 10-03-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
      Also, my ex begged me to take her to a motel, which is a no, but I mean, score another opportunity I guess.
      /sternlook
      And why not?

- - - Updated - - -

my recommendation is to go to Japan.
      a bit too long of a trip just for dinner... you poop
      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
      RANK 10 Bastok
      CoP: Done
      ZM: Done
      ToA: Done
      Assault rank: Captain
      Campaign Medal: Medals
      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

People who are recommending alcohol to Mezlo, as though grabbing a beer wasn't his first thought, really don't know him very well.
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Also, lingerie pics. A friend asked if she was a model, she just replied "a while back, yeah."
          I hate you a little more, right now.

And /agree with Mezlo. You're allowed one backslide.
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
            I hate you a little more, right now.
            Dude, I hate me, just a little bit. I have no clue how this shit keeps happening to me. Luckily my friends don't disbelieve me, they're just equally confused.

should I PM you one

Comment

should I PM you one
              damn skippy

Enjoy it. In my experience it (or something close to it, maybe not with lingerie models) happens every once in awhile. You'll get a rush of attractive women that want to date you. Then it'll dry up for awhile, then later something like it will probably happen again. I have this crazy theory that when one girl likes you, you exude confidence, which in turn attracts women and so on and so forth. So far, the rare times its happened to me I've managed to screw it all up.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                Enjoy it. In my experience it (or something close to it, maybe not with lingerie models) happens every once in awhile. You'll get a rush of attractive women that want to date you. Then it'll dry up for awhile, then later something like it will probably happen again. I have this crazy theory that when one girl likes you, you exude confidence, which in turn attracts women and so on and so forth. So far, the rare times its happened to me I've managed to screw it all up.
                Reminds me when I was doing sales and living in Old Town Pasadena, walking distance to all the restaurants and bars... Dated 3 Hooters girls, 2 bartenders at a local bar, and had a walk home hook up plan. Good times... /sniffsniff
                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                RANK 10 Bastok
                CoP: Done
                ZM: Done
                ToA: Done
                Assault rank: Captain
                Campaign Medal: Medals
                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I'm exude confidence most of the time though, because I'm fairly awesome. I mean, I speak three languages, attend the best school in the country (and the legal program, at that, which is only behind medicine), and never afraid of anything.

But I mean, this girl is probably either a lifetime thing or nothing; not that that's not fine by me.

Comment

Bit of a dilemma, nothing depressing or anything this time (in fact I am happier than I've ever been right now, just a little confused).

Because tl;dr

Thoughts? Spoke with a few online friends, one of whom said because I'm a writer that I'd be a really good English or language teacher, which I agree with. I just don't know what I should do. Pretty sure I know what I want to do though.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      Thoughts?
                      Going into education is going to exacerbate your financial situation.

If that's your calling then go for it. God knows we need more teachers who are actually passionate about educating kids, but the pay is awful.
                      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                      Name: Drjones
                      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I'm aware of that going in.

Starting pay in Pinellas county for teachers is $40k, which is more than I make now. I have always lived modestly, and I can continue to do so.
                        sigpic

Comment

don't be afraid of transferring or taking the 6 class thing. I'm taking 22 credits; 8 classes (Constitutional Law, Civil Law, Criminal Law, Intro. to Legal Sci., Statistics, Taiwanese, Mandarin, plus mandatory Phys. Ed.), all taught nearly exclusively in Chinese. Yes, I am going to die, but I am going to die doing something worthwhile.

Examine the job market in depth. What kind of salary will you be looking at in each? What kind of availability is there? How do the hours differ? You're probably going to have about the same feeling towards the job either way, so you may as well look at how it is from the job hunt aspect and not just what you'll be doing. Will you need to get a Master's later?

I know that in many areas there are programs to support education students in exchange for employment later on; is that an option for you? Which will they support?

Ignoring your personal interests, is there a field where you feel you would be more equipped to teach? Teaching is about the communication of information; many people who are full of knowledge are terrible teachers, and many people who don't know that much are wonderful teachers. Is there a subject you find easier to talk about? Is there a subject where people tend to be more interested in listening to you?

Comment

All things to take into consideration. I'm not planning to make my choice overnight, that's for sure. And I will have time to change my mind, nothing is set in stone. I definitely need to sleep on it, do some research, and try to talk to a few of my professors and see what their advice is. And I'm only 6.5 of 30 hours into my observation, so I may end up changing my mind as I get further in. I don't know. But I do want to explore it and see what my options are.

Obtaining a master's is not required however I plan to do it anyway, for myself. Also, I already have a professor advising me to get my master's and she said she will write recommendations for me - this is a professor I've known about 6 weeks now, so I must have made an impression. So far, I'm really happy in my education courses, so I know this is something that's a great fit for me. I just have to decide my exact path.
                            sigpic

Comment

So about that girl, we were sitting in class, and she goes "Hey, feel my breasts." I did, then basically just said "Look, you should just be my girlfriend already.", she replies "Next year" (after her exam), I say "No, now.", "Okay"

Redacted conversation, but it was really about that simple.

Life is good.

Comment

Two people are listening to the President speak from their computers in my office right now, but the streams are not in sync. So I'm listening to Obama echo. This is not the way I want to spend my afternoon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X