Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana

Marijuana users have a stigmata attached to them. People believe that users are evil, lazy, unhygenic etc.

While this may be against the forums rules I decided to make a thread on it. Express whether you do or don't have regular encounters with the drug and whether you agree or disagree about the general view of users and why.

I personally am mentally addicted or at least I think I am. I probably smoke on average each day around £5 worth. That doesn't seem like an awfully large amount, but it is enough to catch you on and I often smoke more. I also disagree with the view of non-users. I agree that stoners can be lazy and/or clumsy but those are direct effects of the drug and I believe people that smoke marijuana regularly are more respectable than those that drink alchohol regularly.

Re: Marijuana

While this may be against the forums rules I decided to make a thread on it.
    Because you enjoy being banned?

Comment

This may just be the most retarded thread of all time.
      sigpic

Comment

I think there was already a thread similar to this on April 20 of this year. It had the potential to have a valid discussion, but immaturity ensued and took over.

Even though I agree with your point, I think you're just gonna want to drop this topic before it picks up any more juice.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

It doesn't take a genius to figure out putting smoke and ash into one's lung probably isn't a great idea, whether it's from tabaco, marijuana, or forest fire. Also, it's very difficult to believe no one has ever mentioned illegal drugs are bad to the OP.

To whine about people's perception about such a habit/addiction/lifestyle deserves only this from me: Oh, and go find treatment while you bask in my un-sympathy; I double you're beyond help, just yet.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Wait, marijuana smokers have the "5 wounds of Christ" attached to them?

I hate pot, makes me feel like hell. But my brother has found it to settle the nausea, dizziness, and anxiety (ironic) side-effects of his anti-anxiety meds he has to take to keep from having Tony Soprano style anxiety attacks.

Actually, somehow he weened himself off the meds, slowly. Now he just smokes a doob 3-4 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
              It doesn't take a genius to figure out putting smoke and ash into one's lung probably isn't a great idea, whether it's from tabaco, marijuana, or forest fire. Also, it's very difficult to believe no one has ever mentioned illegal drugs are bad to the OP.

To whine about people's perception about such a habit/addiction/lifestyle deserves only this from me: Oh, and go find treatment while you bask in my un-sympathy; I double you're beyond help, just yet.
              This is one of the posts that makes topics like this difficult...

-------------

such a habit/addiction/lifestyle deserves only this from me
              Why is it that just because you disagree with his choice, he is the one living the "bad" lifestyle? And who says he wants your sympathy? One thing I've never been able to understand about non-drug users is this: How come if I can respect your choice to not take a drug or substance, why can't you respect mine or someone else's choice to do so?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
              ------
              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

As long as drug users stay the hell away from me (and that includes their reek, their smoke, etc.) I couldn't care less about what they do.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Marijuana users have a stigmata attached to them.
                  Originally posted by Hantz View Post
                  Wait, marijuana smokers have the "5 wounds of Christ" attached to them?
                  I lol'd
                  sigpic

Comment

In my own personal opinion, I don't think everyone who smokes is an idiot when i first meet them. A majority of them do turn to be major burn outs/ idiots tho. I use to smoke back in my junior and senior years of high school, I grew up and grew out of it. Plenty of the kids I use to hang out with have become burn outs many have gone to bigger drugs and some are in jail. This thread will quickly turn to alot of dumb comments and get locked.

(in before the lock)
                    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I hear the stupidest things come out of stoners' mouths almost on a daily basis. It makes you stupid, and alters your perception of reality. Who would willingly do that to themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                        Who would willingly do that to themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                          This is one of the posts that makes topics like this difficult...
                          What's difficult? He admits to an addiction, so it's time to get help. He needs a phone directory, not sympathy for his complaints or affirmation for his good morals and hygienes.

The only thing difficult is probably the recovery process itself. Which, of course, can't begin until he gets himself into rehab.

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                          One thing I've never been able to understand about non-drug users is this: How come if I can respect your choice to not take a drug or substance, why can't you respect mine or someone else's choice to do so?
                          Drugs are stupid. Plenty of information out there about that--it's not a secret. Some people make a stupid choice about the drugs, and I'm supposed to respect that choice?

Smoke? Cough. Liquor? Gag. Needle? Ouch. Put powders in nose? You've gotta be kidding me.

Even a child knows that.

Now, if you want understanding, sure. I'm all for it. To the point of willing to pay a little more tax to help fund treatment for the likes of the OP, even.

Not willing to cuddle stupidity, but willing to help lessen its consequences is a pretty fair and generous position, I'd think.
                          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I have a jogging addiction should I get help?
                            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Baldness will cause you more problems in life if you ask me.
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X