Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marijuana

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Baldness will cause you more problems in life if you ask me.

lmao that why I use:

But /rerail

Addictions come in all shapes and sizes, mainly if you use any substance you do risk having complications like Itaz said as in Lung Cancer, but you could get Lung Cancer with never smoking a day in your life. So the only argument would be that you react slower while under the influence, but if you stay in your home and use it I see no problem in the use of the drug.
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I think Marijuana and a few Jager Bombs was the reason I bought FFXI. No I wasn't addicted to drugs and need an escape route.

I was really trippy and thought the box looked cool.
      In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
      Yeah, It’s true.
      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

This thread is technically not against the forum rules, and it's sort of on-topic (considering this is the off-topic forum).

I'll just remind everyone to please keep the discussion as clean as possible, though.

Icemage
        FFXIOnline Forum Super Moderator

Comment

Well, I guess you would have to be pretty high to start a thread like this in this specific forum.
          Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
            This is one of the posts that makes topics like this difficult...

-------------

Why is it that just because you disagree with his choice, he is the one living the "bad" lifestyle? And who says he wants your sympathy? One thing I've never been able to understand about non-drug users is this: How come if I can respect your choice to not take a drug or substance, why can't you respect mine or someone else's choice to do so?
            I think the largest road block to someone respecting your choice is that your choice is illegal. It's always difficult to get anyone to understand or appreciate your desire to break the law and potentially endanger others. Unless of course they are committing the same offense.
            Personally what you do to your own body and mind are of no consequence to me, but most habitual drug users don't stay holed up in there living rooms getting high, they get behind the wheel, they go out to clubs, they endanger others with their habits.
            I have the same disdain for those who steal and drive up the price of goods at the store, or those you drink and drive, or those who prey on children.
            Legality aside, what you do to your own body is your own responsibility, but when it effects others it becomes everyone's responsibility. I could care less if drugs or apathy make you lazy or fat or smell, I do care about having to worry about some stoned kid who thinks he's superman noticing a red light too late and plowing in to my car with my kid in the passenger seat... If that ever does happen, that person should pray to whatever God they believe in that I am permanently maimed or dead, I won't ask for understanding for my actions.

Comment

I have no interest in drugs personally, but I don't care what other people do. As long as they don't do it around me, it's not my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                Drugs are stupid. Plenty of information out there about that--it's not a secret. Some people make a stupid choice about the drugs, and I'm supposed to respect that choice?

Smoke? Cough. Liquor? Gag. Needle? Ouch. Put powders in nose? You've gotta be kidding me.

Even a child knows that.

Now, if you want understanding, sure. I'm all for it. To the point of willing to pay a little more tax to help fund treatment for the likes of the OP, even.

Not willing to cuddle stupidity, but willing to help lessen its consequences is a pretty fair and generous position, I'd think.
                Drugs are stupid because who says so? You do? The government does? What about people who make responsible choices to take a drug? I know it's hard to fathom, but there are more people out there than me who take and use drugs responsibly. I have never gotten behind the wheel of my car under any influence of any amount of any drug. I get high in my room and mind my own business. I'm sure you think I'm stupid though. I'm stupid because I choose to do an activity that is against your own moral values? I'm stupid because I choose to do an activity that is illegal?

Ok. So I take a drug that is legal. Let's say I choose to responsibly smoke Salvia divinorum. It's a legal drug in almost all municipalities around the world that has some potential to be abused. But I use it in a safe and responsible manner, use a sober sitter, and stay confined in my house/room/apartment/whatever. Am I still stupid? Have I hurt anyone? Have I caused any trouble or misdeed?

Another tangent: Nicotine is a drug, a damned addictive one at that. It gives some users a mild buzz, and again, it's insanely addictive, and the government makes millions on taxes from it. Alcohol is legal. Alcohol is a toxin that can damage your liver and brain, and make users under the influence do some dumb things. I know this horse has been beaten to death, but why are either of these drugs legal while other drugs like cannabis, or psilocybin mushrooms, or LSD illegal?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

All I want to know is, why are we rewriting the same thread that was done and locked 2 months ago? You either smoke pot or you don't, who cares which one you choose.
                  You kill one man, your a murderer
                  Kill many and your a conquerer
                  Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Drugs are stupid because who says so? You do? The government does? What about people who make responsible choices to take a drug? I know it's hard to fathom, but there are more people out there than me who take and use drugs responsibly. I have never gotten behind the wheel of my car under any influence of any amount of any drug. I get high in my room and mind my own business. I'm sure you think I'm stupid though. I'm stupid because I choose to do an activity that is against your own moral values? I'm stupid because I choose to do an activity that is illegal?
                    Ok. So I take a drug that is legal. Let's say I choose to responsibly smoke Salvia divinorum. It's a legal drug in almost all municipalities around the world that has some potential to be abused. But I use it in a safe and responsible manner, use a sober sitter, and stay confined in my house/room/apartment/whatever. Am I still stupid? Have I hurt anyone? Have I caused any trouble or misdeed?
                    To me, it's stupid because it has no positive value whatsoever while having plenty of well known negative side effects. There are plenty of other things that can make someone 'feel' good without chemically altering ones state of mind or filling ones body with toxic smoke. Now despite how I feel, I don't go around telling other 'don't do that' or calling them stupid or what have you, but I do avoid being around that stuff while it's in use. I also feel the same way about smoking, drinking and 'happy pills'. The only reason why I'm posting is because you asked, but regardless of your acceptance of said specific chemical substance, there is nothing 'good' about the average person using drugs.

Another tangent: Nicotine is a drug, a damned addictive one at that. It gives some users a mild buzz, and again, it's insanely addictive, and the government makes millions on taxes from it. Alcohol is legal. Alcohol is a toxin that can damage your liver and brain, and make users under the influence do some dumb things. I know this horse has been beaten to death, but why are either of these drugs legal while other drugs like cannabis, or psilocybin mushrooms, or LSD illegal?
                    Because if(when) they tried to outlaw substances that were already widespread and legal, it cause a public and national uproar that ended up causing the use of said substance to become far worse then when it was legal while increasing crime based on said substance.

As for why the drugs you listed are illegal, it's because even small amounts of them can seriously mess people up. They're more addictive then nicotine and induce more chemical changes in the mind then alcohol. Both of which substances btw are heavily fined and regulated and when abused carry strict and harsh punishemts. I personally would have no problems if both were illegal but there are many many people who would because they've grown so accustom to them being legal. It's easier to prevent then retract, and with smoking and drinking already causing so many problems, why legalize things that would only do the same or worse.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by DrivenTooFar View Post
                      All I want to know is, why are we rewriting the same thread that was done and locked 2 months ago? You either smoke pot or you don't, who cares which one you choose.
                      SRSLY.

Comment

lol. Moral values? Try medical studies instead.

Take whatever drug that is your high preference, look up the health consequences in Wiki. Even the relatively benign marijuana has problems, and its use should be monitored by health professionals if there's a need for it medically.

Honestly, if you make a child inhale smoke and ash, and you'd see the child coughing and choking. That's the natural reaction--smoke is bad. Or, force down a small amount of vodka or another strong liquor, and the child would be coughing and choking again.

It is stupid to force your body to adopt to things which are naturally bad for it. Whatever indignation you feel toward the use of the word "stupid", facts are facts.

Oh, and I do expect people not to drive when they are not able to do so safely. Alcohol, drugs, sleep deprivation, emotional distress, etc.--no exceptions. I set the bar no higher for drug users.

Another tangent: Nicotine [...] Alcohol [...]
                        Yes, those are stupid, too. Legal, but moronic--tobacco smoking, especially, seems to have no redeeming quality at all.

I'm all for ethical treatment of drug addicts, but asking for acceptance of self destructive behaviors is too much.
                        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Try medical studies instead.

Take whatever drug that is your high preference, look up the health consequences

It is stupid to force your body to adopt to things which are naturally bad for it.
                          Ever taken cough medicine? Had a bad headache and taken something to help? Had surgery? Ever been to a dentist office? None of those drugs are "naturally" good for your body. Acetaminophen is found in many OTC cold and cough medicines to help ease sickness. When used responsibly these drugs are very helpful. When abused, acetaminophen will cause your liver to shutdown, and you will obviously die. Know what chemotherapy is? It's the use of drugs that are highly toxic to human body cells to fend off or help treat cancer. Tell me that chemotherapy drugs are naturally good for your body.

hey're more addictive then nicotine and induce more chemical changes in the mind then alcohol.
                          False statements. Of those substances I mentioned (THC, LSD, and psilocybin,) LSD and psilocybin are NOT physically addictive in anyway, while THC is only on the edge of scientists' debates. It is a proven fact that nicotine is incredibly addictive physically. Look it up if you don't (want to) believe me.

Whether any of those drugs cause more changes chemically than the others is much too difficult to tell. Most drugs, whether legal or not, have much uncertainty about how they completely act in and around the brain.

why are we rewriting the same thread that was done and locked 2 months ago? You either smoke pot or you don't, who cares which one you choose.
                          Though I understand this point, I'm not one to back down from a debate about drugs, their moral or legal objectivity, or medical values. I will probably continue to come back and fend off any claims made in this thread until it is locked. I apologize right now.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                          ------
                          Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                          When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

so, err, we know who the stoner is on this forum eh?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

It's clearly Jei.

Comment

The only weapon stoners have is endless and pointless arguing. There's never a resolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X