If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Seriously, I admire the history of spartans. They were hoplites in heavy bronze armors. But this movie dress them up like Conan the babarian.... That's just wrong.
I think those little Romans in the Night at the Museum looks better than these guys.
There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
transform a yellow spot into the sun.
- Pablo Picasso
I mean, how can you screw up The Dukes of Hazzard? Its not a complicated TV show to write a movie about. But just look how much they screwed that up. Willie Nelson as Uncle Jessie? Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg?
After that, screwing up something historical like the spartans doesn't come as a surprise, they couldn't even get stuff from 20 years ago right.
I wouldn't really take much offense to it. It's simply the interpretation of Frank Miller for his work.
There are all sorts of weird mutant people and mythical creatures in it, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. God of War's Kratos is pretty similar.
PSN ID - PaiPaiGamertag - PaiPaiMasterSteam ID: Pai Pai Master Rockman - Fairy WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41 WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1 Currently Playing: FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta
I plan on seeing it. Hopefully it will be entertaining.
If you're looking for a more historically accurate account (noting that even the story itself is probably loosely based off history at best), History Channel is doing a show about it Thursday night. I'm definately planning on dvr'ing that one.
I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2
Well, yeah, its fiction, not historical... still, they could have called the "Spartans" something else given the setting.
Well it's still about the Spartans and the Battle of Thermopylae. It's just exaggerated. There were 300 Spartans but they were joined by 700 Thespians. And there were more than 1,000,000 in the Persian force.
PSN ID - PaiPaiGamertag - PaiPaiMasterSteam ID: Pai Pai Master Rockman - Fairy WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41 WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1 Currently Playing: FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta
Lol. The opening scene of the guy showing his six pack is a bit much. I can see the Conan reference. Or maybe Masters of the Universe (Dolph Lundren *shudders*)?
Omgwtfbbqkitten: Forget twenty years, try sevon or eight. Remember ABC's "The Path to 9/11." The people depicted are still alive. They could have gone for accuracy, but no.
I'm going to see it and hopefully enjoy it. I also have the 1960's movie "The 300 Spartans" so if I want to see a movie a little more accurate. But really I don't care, I just want to see people ripped in half while roaring.
I've heard it's pretty good (I'll be going this weekend), but there are some completely unnecessary slurs and stereotypes in it as well. I'm still going to watch it though.
Anyone else notice how the Iranians are claiming this is a smear campaign to rally hatred against the persians/iranians that was pushed by the administration? I can understand taking slight offense, but they're blowing it a little out of proportion (sp).
Anyone else notice how the Iranians are claiming this is a smear campaign to rally hatred against the persians/iranians that was pushed by the administration? I can understand taking slight offense, but they're blowing it a little out of proportion (sp).
There is always someone upset when a movie is made. I'ld have to agree Iran has taken it to an extreame of sillyness though. At lest this movie looks like it will be entertaining even if it forgets about the Spartans allies that fought along side them.
Comment