Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "300" Spartans.... wtf?

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
    In the year 4580, when the Martian Human Colony is at semi-high tensions with the Ceres Human Colony, the Martians will accuse the Ceresese that a movie about Operation Iraqi Freedom was funded by them and is actually a propagation movie against the Martians, who the United Galaxy Confederation won't allow possession of Level-8 "Gaia-splinter" Lazers(which are capable of destroying small moons).

The movie will feature 2000 American barely armored soldiers as they fight the Iraqi Resistance who use Black Magic and Demons to fight. The central character will be President-King W Bush, who personally slays the demons with a magical sword. He also has a sex scene with Queen of Israel at the time, Madonna.
    I would totally watch that.
    sigpic

Comment

I think it makes him more human and compassionate rather than weak. It makes you understand that HE understands the consequences of sending his men to war and possibly, their sons to war in the future.

Rather than, omgosh he had to see if his wife was ok with it, thats so pathetic!

I dont think there's any man out there that would not hesitate at a decision like that when the consequences meant slavery and death for his people. sorry, it's not pathetic.

perhaps the over usage of words like stupid and lol in a critique just have me questioning it's logic.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Less "I haven't seen the movie, but I say it's terrible!" and more "I saw it and I thought...", eh?

Comment

I saw it, and I thought it was nice, but it had a lot of strange things in it.

It's definately worth seeing.

Comment

Strange? Like what?

Comment

People with blades embedded in their arms, perhaps?

Comment

Friend went to go see it, said they did miss several things, but for a hollywood movie about an event thousands of years ago, he said it was pretty accurate.
                I mean, how many war movies like that are anywhere near historically accurate? (Not counting Black Hawk Down or Band of Brothers.)
                Question though, friend wasn't clear on this point: Did they show at the end how the Greeks had a double agent mislead the Persians about where they were and then send a fleet to trap the Persians and basically destroy them?
                I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                  I think what Jei meant was that because Leonidas needed that 'reassurance'. It's not a knock towards women or anything, it was pointing out how in the comic the King seemed to have more confidence and in the film he seemed to doubted himself. You are correct that the decision to go to war is a difficult one, but being able to make that decision with 100% confidence and no hesitation as opposed to pausing and needing 'reassurence' shows a higher measure of personal 'strength'. So those moments of hesitation that Jei mentioned would make the king appear weaker, less sure of himself, then his comic equivalent's persona. Or at least that's how I interpret it.
                  It might not be hesitation. I felt it was simply that he valued her as an extension of himself, she was his second half, his equal, and he wanted to get her input, not that he wasn't confident. He seemed pretty decided about kicking the messenger in the pit before he glanced at her.
                  As for the whole "going for a walk"... I thought he was being sarcastic, as he was talking to a member of the council. It was illegal to declare war without the approval of the council afterall.
                  (edit- and as for the commentary on his leaving, it was understood he would most likely die, and he didn't say anything because it showed weakness or fear....as said by the commentator.)

I felt he was a very strong, assured and confident individual and his hesitation was only when he stayed awake before the sex scene.
                  Last edited by DieselBoy09; 03-16-2007, 09:28 AM.
                  Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Speaking of the Narrator, anyone recognize who he was? No cheating, don't go to imdb.com or google his name. :D

But yeah, I also agree that it wasn't hesitation. I thought it was nice that he involved her with whatever he wanted to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                      (Not counting Black Hawk Down or Band of Brothers.)
                      BoB is my favorite WW2 film/documentary/mini-series. I like how they focus on certain soldiers during some of the episodes.

Comment

Well, I saw this tonight. I expected the blood. Check. I expected the gore. Check. But, not of that magnitude! Daaaayum... It made original Conan the Barbarian look like a slap, tickle fight. I liked it, but not enuf to want to buy the DVD when it comes out.

I do wanna see the "Making of" to see how they did some of the effects.

True story (not a spoiler, happens early in the movie):
                        There was a shot of Leonidas standing nude with his back to the camera. I diverted my attention from him by looking at the surrounding. As Leonidas was looking out at the night sky, I noticed something looking amiss. I said aloud, "That's a big ass moon...'

Immediately, I mentally groaned at myself for making such a bad, unintentional pun.

Edit: Now, I just realized it's a double pun... /sigh
                        Last edited by fastcart; 03-26-2007, 02:26 AM.

Title: Sergeant Major
                        SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                        Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                        Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                        Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Originally posted by fastcart View Post
                          Immediately, I mentally groaned at myself for making such a bad, unintentional pun.

Edit: Now, I just realized it's a double pun... /sigh
                          /comfort

lol

Comment

Working...
                          X