X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Movie Reviews **NO SPOILERS**

Canuck, technically

I do believe that garners respect from the Crown.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yeah, not going to go see it.

Its cute Hollywood things they an just remake this sort of thing and have it get by my generation and ones younger, but its not going to forever. We have Hulu, Netflix and Youtube now.

They're remaking Robocop, too.

Yes, really.

Comment

Man, its been a long time since I have seen a really great movie or been really excited about one. Anything new in theatres or dvd, recently released or upcoming I should be looking out for?

Comment

Originally posted by geogolem View Post
          Man, its been a long time since I have seen a really great movie or been really excited about one. Anything new in theatres or dvd, recently released or upcoming I should be looking out for?
          I thought The Hunger Games was an excellent adaption from the book (albeit there were one or two things missed out or loosely touched upon), but was a great watch. Something different from all the Twilight and Harry Potter crap (Correct. I found Harry Potter to be boring.)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            Yeah, not going to go see it.

Its cute Hollywood things they an just remake this sort of thing and have it get by my generation and ones younger, but its not going to forever. We have Hulu, Netflix and Youtube now.

They're remaking Robocop, too.

Yes, really.
            What do you say BBQ? I'm thinking they are going to try to make Deus Ex the movie and call it Total Recall.

But I guess Hollywood is fixed on killing itself very, very slowly. If they were smart enough they could've remastered the classics with updated 2012 effects and 3D releases Star Wars style. Way cheaper and waaaaay more profitable. And if done right the BD sales alone would've made for a nice end of the year bonus for the execs.

Ah well, I wont watch these movies of course, but I'll get the popcorn to watch them fail again. Nothing like a train wreck.
            Last edited by Raydeus; 03-30-2012, 11:49 PM.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Dunno. There's a certain awesome creepiness to the use of the prosthetic make up and special effects of the time. Plus you know this version rules out the three breasted hooker. Not an important character, but part of the weirdness of that movie.

Comment

Yeah, retro is better. But considering this is an attempt to get younger audiences to watch the movies I think updated effects could help make the movies easier to digest for them. Specially with movies like Terminator, where the effects didn't age well. T2 is A-Ok though.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

When Bill Murray won't reprise his role, who ya gonna call?

Is William Shatner In "Ghostbusters 3"?

Its so crazy it just might work. I hope this is a real thing.

Comment

Another Resident Evil CG movie is on the way, the trailer can be found here"

バイオハザード ダムネーション

Comment

My Avengers review:

Almost as good as The Dark Knight, better than Batman Begins. Joss Whedon's finest work outside of Firefly. John Favreau's wishes come true.

There are so many things that could have gone wrong with this movie, but they played everything right. Everyone gets a chance to shine. My only piece of advice would be to watch Thor before going to see it because there is come continuity from that going into this movie. The associations from the other movies are appropriate, but fairly loose. It pretty much picks up where each hero's movie left off in some way. I guess the only downer was there wasn't much there for Hawkeye and most of his development had to be done on-the-fly. Aside from that Loki's associations could have been developed a bit more. I knew what it was getting at based on my modest knowledge of Marvel, but I could see some fans more focused on the the X-Men and such getting a tad lost on the cosmic side of it.

If you're a Marvel fan and have been let down by the X-Men and Spiderman franchises, though, this movie will make you extremely happy. If and when a Justice League movie happens, this will be the movie it has to beat and its going to be pretty hard.

Comment

I got around to seeing Prometheus last night. It did not live up to my expectations. Here's a big budget sci-fi movie from the guy who made Alien and it's supposed to loosely tie in to that continuity. There's every reason I should be enjoying the heck out of it, but it just felt flat. There was some spark missing, nothing clicked. The narative was dull and not at all compelling. The characters were horribly underdeveloped and I think some of them outright lacked names. What few things were of interest lore-wise weren't explored very deeply and left me frustrated with the lack of information and closure to the whole experience.

This film had enormous potential, but somewhere along the line everything just fell apart.

You know your film has serious issues when the highlight of the entire thing(for me anyway) is the neat floating orbs the geologist uses to map some caves.
                        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                        Name: Drjones
                        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Saw Brave today. I tend to dislike thier movies as the bulk of them fairly generic voyages home to reunite with loved ones, at least until Up. Brave works on building relationships rather than the protagonist being separated and growing in a journey. The core of movie is a mother/daughter conflict stemming from Queen Elinor wanting to find a suitor for her daughter, Merida.

This family is first generation royalty in 10th century Scotland, so all these pushes for Merida to "be a lady" and marry only forcefully come from Elinor and no one else. King Fergus really just encourages Merida's tomboyish nature. There are surprisingly few other major female cast members, but this allows allows the overwhelming number of men in the cast to be a great source of comic relief. Plus this being a Scottish setting the kilt humor is inevitable.

Yes they go there and it's pretty surprising how far it goes for a G movie.

Some of the story, particularly it's legend, felt pretty paper thin when compared to the great humor and growth between the two leading ladies, but it was ultimately functional. Hopefully in a DVD/Blu Ray release we'll see a full cut, as it does feel a bit too trimmed down for a Pixar movie. Still, it was something very different for Pixar and its nice to finally have a Disney Princess that doesn't need or want a prince right away. Much like Carl from Up, Merida's a very refreshing and interesting character.

Comment

Credits are rolling on The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan more or less took every great Batmam event - Knightfalll, RIP, No Man's Land - and made a great trilogy closer out of it.

Just go see it!

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQCCPP8aZBY

Going. I just have to. Even though I could watch it here and now, I want to see it on the big screen again in all its glory.

Comment

Spoilers: Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I would describe it as gleeful chaos.
                                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                                Name: Drjones
                                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Working...
                                X