New cheap computer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New cheap computer...

Out of curiosity, what's your budget anyway? I mean if you're going to drop a few hundred on a new PC--if you show even the slightest interest in PC gaming (as in, you may or may not jump on FF14 after 2.0 launches next year or whatever) you can probably find/get someone to build you a lower-end "gaming" rig for roughly $500-600. Definitely above your range of $350, but if you're willing save up a bit longer...it would be a better investment long term.

Still, if you're certain that all you'll ever play is FFXI and do regular office work, then yeah any cheapy pc from a big box store will do.

Comment

The $350 build is a good start. You may want to purchase a low-end card, like a GTS 450 or something, and drop it in to replace the on-board graphics. In the future, you'll want to upgrade the GPU, CPU, and RAM. When you're ready to build your own, you can purchase a better mother board and drop all your upgraded pieces into it.

Comment

Still, if you're certain that all you'll ever play is FFXI and do regular office work, then yeah any cheapy pc from a big box store will do.
        Pretty much this tbh. I don’t play any intense computer games. I tried to but it seems every time I see a new game that I want (which happens every 6-12 month at best), I need to upgrade my computer because bits became obsolete.

My general uses are office things (word/excel…etc), surfing and FFXI….and maybe some addicitinggames.com stuff. Had I had a job that required more intricate work (as well as paid more  ), I’d probably look into a much better computer. But for the time being, a cheapy pc that can handle ffxi is what I want.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, I will do what you suggest (video card wise).
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

when the hell u coming back

Comment

CHILL!!! Found my Ultimate collection 2008 install disk. i had like 20k files to update last night geez!!
            i popped in for 5 minutes this morning. all my macros...gone. reloaded the ones i saved on the server. turns out last time i saved them was like 2009 or so.
            All those macros are 75 gear or less. Still had 'charm' as a macro. No Nin or War macro sets either ><.

So basically all macros gone.

i'll be around tonight but not Fri/Sat and not till late on Sunday...just my luck.
            99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
            -Farsha (90) Completed!!
            -Verth (90) Completed!!
            -Guttler (95) Completed!
            -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
            -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
            -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Working...
            X