X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romyro
    replied
    Re: New cheap computer...

CHILL!!! Found my Ultimate collection 2008 install disk. i had like 20k files to update last night geez!!
    i popped in for 5 minutes this morning. all my macros...gone. reloaded the ones i saved on the server. turns out last time i saved them was like 2009 or so.
    All those macros are 75 gear or less. Still had 'charm' as a macro. No Nin or War macro sets either ><.

So basically all macros gone.

i'll be around tonight but not Fri/Sat and not till late on Sunday...just my luck.

Leave a comment:

• rookie
    replied

when the hell u coming back

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

Still, if you're certain that all you'll ever play is FFXI and do regular office work, then yeah any cheapy pc from a big box store will do.
    Pretty much this tbh. I don’t play any intense computer games. I tried to but it seems every time I see a new game that I want (which happens every 6-12 month at best), I need to upgrade my computer because bits became obsolete.

My general uses are office things (word/excel…etc), surfing and FFXI….and maybe some addicitinggames.com stuff. Had I had a job that required more intricate work (as well as paid more  ), I’d probably look into a much better computer. But for the time being, a cheapy pc that can handle ffxi is what I want.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys, I will do what you suggest (video card wise).

Leave a comment:

• DakAttack
    replied

The $350 build is a good start. You may want to purchase a low-end card, like a GTS 450 or something, and drop it in to replace the on-board graphics. In the future, you'll want to upgrade the GPU, CPU, and RAM. When you're ready to build your own, you can purchase a better mother board and drop all your upgraded pieces into it.

Leave a comment:

• Hayde
    replied

Out of curiosity, what's your budget anyway? I mean if you're going to drop a few hundred on a new PC--if you show even the slightest interest in PC gaming (as in, you may or may not jump on FF14 after 2.0 launches next year or whatever) you can probably find/get someone to build you a lower-end "gaming" rig for roughly $500-600. Definitely above your range of $350, but if you're willing save up a bit longer...it would be a better investment long term.

Still, if you're certain that all you'll ever play is FFXI and do regular office work, then yeah any cheapy pc from a big box store will do.

Leave a comment:

• Squiggs
    replied

I don't think a day goes by that she doesn't regret that decision, but what's done is done. (Though she does enjoy the LEGO games)

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

She sounds like a keeper!!

Maybe she can call my wife and talk some sense into her.

Leave a comment:

• Squiggs
    replied

I never had a Playstation, or any game system after Genesis until my wife bought me a 360 right after we got married.

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

Well, on the brightside, I’ve gotten some things done

Picked up Mario Party 9 (love those games)
    Finally finished LoZ Twilight Princess
    We’re moving in a couple weeks and found a bunch of my old games…played some of those
    -have you ever played Brigandine for Playstation? I LOVE(D) that game…picked it up again, been playing it for hours ><

Leave a comment:

• Squiggs
    replied

My Flist feels so bare without you on it Romy...

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

Rook, got a couple bucks coming to me on tuesday or wednesday. probably going to look for a cheap computer and might need to find the game again...cant seem to find my install disks.

so, with any luck, should be be back by wednesday or thursday (ish).

Get your GS ready!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

there's a good chance i'm going to buy a new one. still not 100% sure if my current one is fix able. i have a buck or 2 coming to me w/in the next week so if it's cheaper to fix i may go that route.

i am dying here though. started playing ffxii again just to pass some time. also picked up Mario Party 9 which is pretty fun.

i'll be back asap though. i sweaaa

Leave a comment:

• rookie
    replied

u buying a new one?

Leave a comment:

• rookie
    replied

thats great man

you might as well post your login info here so u can get hacked
    that would make it a perfect month for you

anyways just make sure you use your old password an your new SE password in the right spots
    you also gotta scratch your head 16 times an scream at the computer screen over an over again before it will work

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

you kept trying the same login/password over and over and eventually it worked? doesnt make a ton of sense but what do i have to lose.

oh, got a new issue today!
    Got an emal on phone this morning at 2am (which i assume is when they do the montly billing)

said 'blah blah blah due to a billing error the following account has been cancelled, to reactivate blah blah blah...etc'

I seen that before when i didnt have enough in my account. so i checked my bank, turns out i had enough...even AFTER they billed me twice this morning.

so yup, looks like i paid twice for March and my account is cancelled. makes perfect sense

Leave a comment:

Working...
X